Geoff Toovey is good at coach being! Happy Sea Eagleness to all!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hey what up peeps?

I have read some stupid comments on this site after last nights courageous anti loss.

So I took the time to sign back into my account after finally downloading whatever my iPhone kept asking me to.

Points to agree with.

We have a club legend coaching us who has guided us to the top four in the past two years. Against all so called expert judgement and amongst that destroversy last year.

Point number B.
If you don't like Toovey as our coach get ducked.

2V had 6 weeks to prepare for the WCC, at a time when he did not know what Players were on side with his being appointed Coach.

2V had less than 12 months to prepare for the 2012 semis.

2V is still in the contest for the 2013 Premiership.

Bellamy started in 2003 and Scumos didn't make the GF till 2007 - and that was only through illegal stacking of his roster.
So 2V has till 2015 to be declared a failure in finals game coaching.

Gets my vote as Head Coach, in charge of a very happy camp of competitive Players.:angel:

I am still waiting for those who do not want toovey to come up with a credible alternative

Fact is no one else is as well placed to do the job as tooves

Also I would suggest that every opposing fan thinks their team has the best roster.....

HappilyManly said:
2V had 6 weeks to prepare for the WCC, at a time when he did not know what Players were on side with his being appointed Coach.

Bellamy started in 2003 and Scumos didn't make the GF till 2007 - and that was only through illegal stacking of his roster.

Gets my vote as Head Coach, in charge of a very happy camp of competitive Players.:angel:

Melbourne played a grand final in 2006

Ok - so 2V has till 2014 October to prove his credentials :D

Cowboys conspiracy theory shot down too, as it was Vic v Qld GF :p

unless you can come up with who should replace Toovey how can you criticize him? If you can pin point the exact mistakes he made in particular games and what your replacement coach would have done differently and how that would have definitely affected the result then your opinion matters naught.
It's like the people who complain about the previous labor government but are not enrolled to vote. Their opinion really does not matter.
For the record Toovey is a good coach in my mind and his coaching includes more than how many points we score but if the players have pride in their jerseys, teamates and club.

bones said:
lsz said:
I am still waiting for those who do not want toovey to come up with a credible alternative

One called for Toovey to be replaced by Matt Elliott. Lmao.

Exactly

One thing I love about our club is the promotion of coaches from within

lsz said:
bones said:
lsz said:

Exactly

One thing I love about our club is the promotion of coaches from within

Willo, Cliffy Lyons and Max Krillich were certainly great coaches.

bones said:
kingyfan said:
Most critisism is that his record in big games is very ordinary.

The Melbourne game at Brookie a couple of weeks back was a small game?

The good work form this game was undone by losing to the riff a week later.

Other than relying on Brett Stewart does 2v actually have an attacking plan to score tries against teams like the roosters and souths?

lsz said:

Fact is no one else is as well placed to do the job as tooves

Also I would suggest that every opposing fan thinks their team has the best roster.....

We should sign Des Hasler, Craig Bellamy or Wayne Bennett as these coaches have won a couple of premierships between them

HappilyManly said:

Bellamy & Hasler both inherited rubbish rosters and had to build a team almost from scratch. Toovey inherited the reigning Premiers.

bones said:
lsz said:

Was that Ryan? I remember the call but am not 100% sure on who it was. I know it was from someone that dislikes Toovey.

lsz said:
I would suggest Bob Fulton, Des Hasler balance the ledger nicely
Ron Willey and Frank Stanton were also former Manly players who won as coaches, I think.

Ralphie said:
Bellamy & Hasler both inherited rubbish rosters and had to build a team almost from scratch. Toovey inherited the reigning Premiers.
Yes, and as we know all the good coaches invariably manage back-to-back or three-peats.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8