General NRL chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Club Statement – Darcy Lussick
04/06/2019

Toronto Wolfpack can confirm that the UK Border Agency refused entry into the UK yesterday to the Wolfpack’s Australian prop forward Darcy Lussick. Lussick had returned to the UK from a European City break during time off between the Wolfpack’s Betfred Championship games.

fyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Days after refusing to take the match-winning penalty goal attempt during the Titans’ loss to the Cowboys, the Gold Coast has announced star playmaker Ash Taylor is taking an indefinite break from the sport.

A former rugby league player who illegally imported and exported wildlife, including alligator snapping turtles, has been spared jail time.
Martin Kennedy, who used to play for the Sydney Roosters and Brisbane Broncos in the NRL, pleaded guilty to six offences including attempting to export shingleback lizards to Sweden and possessing two pythons.

Parramatta hooker Kaysa Pritchard forced into retirement following testicular injury

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/e23a0e77f7c3d7fa4661506153d54553

Kaysa Pritchard may have played just 47 games in six seasons, but it was enough to force a reputation for having no regard for his body.

And the kamikaze hooker has the scars to prove it.

“I’ve had two surgeries on my shoulder, two on my chest, two on my knee, two on my ankles ... and endless physiotherapy,” Pritchard said. “I was in there all the time. But each time I managed to get back on the horse.” Until one day he couldn’t.

When Pritchard was granted indefinite leave by Parramatta in February, most assumed it was because of last year’s season-ending shoulder reconstruction. But as the Eels prepare to farewell him prior to Saturday’s home game against Brisbane, Pritchard has revealed the real reason behind his early retirement. And it was the lowest of all blows.

“It was on May 5th last year. It was actually my birthday,” Pritchard recalls. The younger brother of former Penrith and Canterbury star Frank went in to make a routine tackle on a Cronulla player early in their round-nine clash. He reeled out of the collision, believing he copped a knee to the stomach. Four hours later he was booked in for emergency surgery, but any fears were allayed when the surgeon told him he could be back within two weeks.

“Sweet, I’ll be back next week,” Pritchard replied before going under the knife. When he woke up at three o’clock the following afternoon, Pritchard was given the news that would change his life.

“One of your testicles were fully crushed, we couldn’t repair it’,” the surgeon said.

“I don’t know how you kept playing.” Not only was his rugby league future in doubt, but so too his shot at being a dad.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-20/jarrod-mullen-fronts-court-on-drug-charges/11227242

Former Newcastle Knights player Jarrod Mullen has fronted Newcastle Local Court to plead not guilty to charges of supplying cocaine.

NSW Police investigating an alleged cocaine supply ring operating in the Hunter Valley arrested Mr Mullen at his home in Wollongong in May.

The 32-year-old was granted conditional bail and fronted Newcastle Local Court this morning.

Mr Mullen was charged with three counts of supplying an indictable quantity of a prohibited drug and one count of supplying a trafficable quantity of a prohibited drug.

His lawyer entered not guilty pleas to all charges.

If the Knights lose tomorrow night, Manly would remain in 5th place - not bad after 16 rounds @:D

Don’t rate Nene McDonald, he’s ok but surprisingly overrated. Apparently Rapana is set to leave the Raiders after his manager rejected a big money deal (without Rapana’s knowledge) and the Raiders can’t afford that anymore. So maybe that’s a good option. Depends if we truly need him,how much money and whether or not we think moving Garrick to centre is a good option.

Hull FC appear to have signed Manu Ma’u from Parramatta.

The back-rower is off contract this season, and the Sun reports that the Black and Whites have made a bid for his services.
How did he get a UK Work Visa with his criminal record ?

I recall Croker was knocked back after he left the Scumos and all he had was some non jail term conviction @:cool:

As mentioned in the signings thread...

The Canberra Raiders have added yet another quality Englishman to their ranks, with Wigan Warriors half George Williams joining the Green Machine on a three-year deal from 2020.

The Canberra Pommies!

Instead of a viking clap, they all now slurp tea.

The Raiders confirmed the signing on Tuesday and the 10-Test playmaker will join countrymen John Bateman, Josh Hodgson, Ryan Sutton and Elliott Whitehead in the national capital from next season.

Williams has played 172 Super League matches for Wigan since making his debut in 2013.

He won Super League championships in 2016 and 2018 alongside John Bateman.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/16...of-bayley-despite-little-brother-beating-him/

Courteous Sironen: Curtis proud of Bayley despite little brother beating him

At least someone in the Sironen household was thrilled with the 21-20 cliffhanger won by South Sydney over Manly at ANZ Stadium.

"Well, it wasn't me but I'm glad for my Bayley," Curtis Sironen, the Sea Eagles second-rower, said of his younger brother, who came off the bench to play in the Rabbitohs' forwards.

"But I'm very proud of him. It's the first time I've played him and only his fourth NRL game.

"When he left the Tigers for Souths we had a look when these games were. He didn't make it earlier [when Manly played Souths in round four] as they have such a strong side – it was hard for him to get a crack.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/a0ed524e6596e5e00da4524c4dcfa53b

The front-rower, who is off contract at the Titans after next season, has become a priority target for Parramatta, Canterbury and Wests Tigers — even though they can’t make a play for him until he becomes a free agent from November 1 this year.

(I thought those three clubs were all in salary cap hell?)

Manly will also be keeping an eye on his contract developments given he is off contract at the same time as Sea Eagles prop Marty Taupau.

(lol, gotta stick Manly in there somewhere!)

With a new contract and his family joining him in Brisbane, life is going well for Broncos forward Tevita Pangai.

The Tongan international inked a new deal last week committing himself to the Broncos until the end of the 2022 NRL season and the security over his future has allowed him to relocate his parents and brother from Canberra. “Wayne’s not here so they gave me good money,” Pangai joked about his new deal, referring to ex-Broncos coach Wayne Bennett.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6