General NRL chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RUGBY league has caught up with Jacob Lillyman.The 34-year-old Knights forward will call time on his playing days at the end of 2018 after 16 seasons of NRL.

“She’s a tough old game and I’ve been around for a long time and the time is probably right to put the cue in the rack and just ride off into the sunset,” he said.

dt

Im amazed a deal has been reached for M'bye to go to the Tigers next week and play one more game for the dogs...surely it would just be instant....what if he does an ACL?

John Sutton who will play his 300th NRL game has been denied a testimonial match by the NRL.

Testimonials are only for players whom Todd can look in the eye and approve of.

Another form of Intoddgrity on display....

I read somewhere it was because of Sutton's lack of representative games. The author then said that Gallen should get one then based on all the criteria that sCam and the sook fulfilled.

Dunno if they are relevant in this day and age anyway.

ST GEORGE Leagues Club is set to pay out the $6 million debt the Dragons owe the NRL which could pave the way for St George to eventually take 100 per cent control of the joint-venture.

The latest development is another twist in the ongoing discussions to sell 50 per cent of the St George Illawarra Dragons.

St George Illawarra are still almost $7 million in debt — with $6 million needed to be repaid to the NRL and the $700,000 remainder to a private benefactor.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/8e0d79014611a73bc5dad1f6959a0d8f

The move would essentially remove the NRL from discussions about ownership and leave the Dragons’ destiny in their own hands. Because of the debt the Dragons owe the NRL they are at the governing body’s mercy when it comes to finding a suitable partner.

While St George Leagues Club has no intentions of controlling the franchise long-term, they could potentially have significant ownership of the club by the end of this year.

Cant believe Mannering is retiring at 31...........Hasn't been at his best this year but you would think he has at least a couple more in him.

I know people say go out on top etc but two more years is likely to be another million dollars.....big call

MILE-HIGH MISERY FOR KIWIS AND POMS

THE future of rugby league’s annual Denver Test match is in serious doubt because the promoter still hasn’t paid the cash-strapped New Zealand or England rugby leagues.

Players from both countries received their match payments last week but the governing bodies have not been paid about $250,000 that was promised.

Kiwis CEO Greg Peters told me on Friday his organisation was trying to work on a repayment plan with the promoter to get the money gradually.

The issue was discussed at the International Rugby League Federation meeting in Singapore last weekend. It was agreed that, although there is a three-year agreement to play a mid-year Test in Denver, the schedule would be looked at.

Next year’s Kiwi-England Test is more likely to be played at a different time of the year — in New Zealand or England.

- daily telegraph

Ahhh RL, the gift that unfortunately keeps on giving via amazing mgmt.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bulldogs-expand-paw-print-in-historic-deal-20180811-p4zwy8.html

Canterbury have adopted the North Coast region as part of a long-term strategy towards again developing their own NRL players.

In a boost to bush footy similar to Penrith’s expansion into the western corridor, the Bulldogs will expand their footprint from Taree to Coffs Harbour. The move, in partnership with the Country Rugby League, will help grow the game and provide an NRL pathway for the region’s elite.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bulldogs-expand-paw-print-in-historic-deal-20180811-p4zwy8.html

Canterbury have adopted the North Coast region as part of a long-term strategy towards again developing their own NRL players.

In a boost to bush footy similar to Penrith’s expansion into the western corridor, the Bulldogs will expand their footprint from Taree to Coffs Harbour. The move, in partnership with the Country Rugby League, will help grow the game and provide an NRL pathway for the region’s elite.
Newcastle and the Roosters won't like that.

Meanwhile Been hunt is starting to cop some DCE like treatment on Fox over his salary.

I know which one I would take

IN other good news, Brock Lamb has been able to sign with the poor old struggling rorters for two years.

Must be nice for the rorters who struggle to sign any stars to be able to snag this up and comer.

Now, with all the space they still have in their salary sombrero, who will they sign next?

IN other good news, Brock Lamb has been able to sign with the poor old struggling rorters for two years.

Must be nice for the rorters who struggle to sign any stars to be able to snag this up and comer.

Now, with all the space they still have in their salary sombrero, who will they sign next?

Should have been us, he would have been a perfect fit.

I hear they are interested in a package deal for the three Turbos

Thought I'd throw this in here
Anyone using Firefox know which paywall bypass add-on to use? I've tried a couple without success.

*edit
Its Anti-paywall for those interested.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4