Gaz GOOONE?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dragons fans should be well pleased, they got a 350K a year player for 55K last year and what wouldn't be a huge contract this year. They rorted the system by promising to pay him a back ended contract and then he retires.

Bet the dragons now give him some kind of job with the club, paying what he would have got in his contract.... but it won't be under the cap because it is not a footballing cost.

Guess that also means he'll be a permanent member of the Channel Nine commentary team. Another ex-football blitherer.

bob dylan said:
They should be done for rorting the cap and have the premiership stripped.

Watch it Bob, this thread might get sent to the Conspiracy section if you develop that thought any further.

How did they rort the cap?

He was paid under 55k. I am assuming you believe he was actually paid 300 odd???

Don't let the door hit your chins on the way out. Will they need a special camera for his chin if he gets a tv gig?

If a club has access to a lot of money then the salary cap doesn't work quite the same way. Creative accounting can make all the difference.

If there really was an arrangement such as Rusty suggests it would be caught by the cap (provided there was any evidence found of course, haha).

The woman had complained of receiving a message from a player's phone at 3.41am saying, in part, "(Woman's name), where the f... are you? There's four toey humans in the cab...and you're in bed. F... me - fire up".

Charming!

the players that were pushed out of the club to make way for his big pay check over the 4 year period must be pissed off.

He says in his column in today's paper he said he made the decision when he was 16 that he was going to retire at 30. Whey did he sign a 4 year deal at the age of 28 then?

Gasnier is one of the all time great salary cap rorts in NRL history. The 2 years he is being paid below market value he plays, then retires before the 2 back ended years which now don't count towards the cap. It just shows how inept the NRL are at enforcing back ended deals and the salary cap as a whole.

Captain of the Gate said:
Gasnier is one of the all time great salary cap rorts in NRL history. The 2 years he is being paid below market value he plays, then retires before the 2 back ended years which now don't count towards the cap. It just shows how inept the NRL are at enforcing back ended deals and the salary cap as a whole.

Agreed and in my opinion, they (St Merge-Illawarra) should be forced to revalue his NRL Salary Cap worth for this year so that the two seasons that he has played equals half of the total amount of what he was to be paid over the original 4 year contract.

Eeh, it's a loophole, they haven't done anything wrong. I despise the Steelers as much as any rational person but they haven't really broken the rules here, no need to punish teams for the NRL not covering their bases.

Sucks for Gasnier that his manager wasn't smart enough to get any of the final two year's salary guaranteed.

Wolfpack said:
Eeh, it's a loophole, they haven't done anything wrong. I despise the Steelers as much as any rational person but they haven't really broken the rules here, no need to punish teams for the NRL not covering their bases.

Yeah, I know it's a loophole but it is wrong and needs to be looked at and fixed/closed.

From things Gasnier is reported to have said this week I think he never had any intention of seeing out the contract.

I think Gasnier has hatched this plan to re-establish his profile in the game so as to sure up a media career for himself post football.

I mean if he did not play again in the NRL after his Rugby stint do you think he would be any chance of getting a T.V gig. He already has a newspaper column. Any talk of him giving up a million dollars by leaving is **** as he knows he will make that through the media over time

I have no problems with people being successful, but when he has forced players from the club to get what he wants thats a selfish dog act.

The club was already fined $15,000 for salary cap breaches last year so i figure them over by at least $200,000 with this back ended deal rort.

Gasnier the coat tail rider of a salary cap rorting premiership team.

Gallop is all over the Meninga nonsense. To think he can only concentrate on more than one issue at a time is asking to much. The NRL is a pathetic identity overseeing crooks spivs and lawyers. If this Commission ever takes control it needs to get rid of Gallop and Shubert.

bob dylan said:
BOZO said:
Conformation in the Telegraph .Good riddance , Metai should have retired him long ago.:D

He retired him in that Test in NZ, I always love watching that tackle.

I bet all his problems are caused from lack of sleep, thinking about when he has to line up against Matai next.

There were only ever 2 solutions, join Manly or retire.

He made the right choice.

He didn't have a choice, we said "no, thanks".

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7