• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In yesterdays paper they claim AFL is $15mill. behind the NRL in merchandising. I thought the AFL had better marketing people but it seems not. The NRL lead in every aspect of merchandising from sales per fan to the amount spent at the games even though they get more fans to a game. All is not well with AFL. One day our media will catch on that League is actually thriving.

League is improving but our memberships and crowd numbers are nothing compared to the AFL... Our players struggle to earn the same money as in other codes... the gap between NRL and U'20s or NSW cup/QLD cup is massive... our administration is wastefull with revenue and they seem to lack a uniform direction... moving the game forward...

Would say that merch sales are reduced due to the AFL not changing shirts etc

Think about it. Every year NRL teams change....how often do you see AFL teams change their primary jersey?

lsz link said:

Think about it. Every year NRL teams change....how often do you see AFL teams change their primary jersey?
Well, i'd say everytime there is a new sponsor added. So at least every year or 2.

In relation to the extra revenue that AFL will get for the extra game, all i can think of is seeing that girl on the news in tears because she spend $1500 on tickets to watch the GF to see a result, and now they can't afford to go again because of the cost etc etc. That's heartbreaking. In my opinion you go to a GF and expect a result one way or the other. I don't care how much money the code makes from another game, it should be all about the fans. Every fan that went to the game and won't be able to go again to the next one should feel cheated! I know i would be spewing chips if it happened to me.

If the AFL was fair, they would let the same people that went to the first GF back in for free to the second GF. But i think we all know that the AFL value money over fans every day of the week...

abnc link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=185478.msg298072#msg298072 date=1285551430]

Well, i'd say everytime there is a new sponsor added. So at least every year or 2.

In relation to the extra revenue that AFL will get for the extra game, all i can think of is seeing that girl on the news in tears because she spend $1500 on tickets to watch the GF to see a result, and now they can't afford to go again because of the cost etc etc. That's heartbreaking. In my opinion you go to a GF and expect a result one way or the other. I don't care how much money the code makes from another game, it should be all about the fans. Every fan that went to the game and won't be able to go again to the next one should feel cheated! I know i would be spewing chips if it happened to me.

If the AFL was fair, they would let the same people that went to the first GF back in for free to the second GF. But i think we all know that the AFL value money over fans every day of the week...
[/quote]

Bull****. You know you are not guaranteed a result when you buy the ticket. on the flip side she went to a historical game and can always talk about that fact.

That is like buying a ticket to the movies and not liking it, then turning around and demanding your money back because it didn't end the way you thought it would.

Still,if they arent going to do extra time the ticket should be free if they give a single rats **** about theyre fans

I know the NRL wouldnt nor the AFL,but its fun living in fantasyland where **** goes right

i don't think they should give the tickets away for free... that would be rediculous... but I think fans who went to that game would feel cheated... i would... i think they could have released the tickets to the fans who attended the first game before everyone else tho... maybe even at a reduced price... 20% off or even half price... the AFL would still make a motza between ticket sales and a massive amount of extra sponsorship dollars...

Dan link said:
[quote author=abnc link=topic=185478.msg298078#msg298078 date=1285553072]

[/quote]

Bulls**t. You know you are not guaranteed a result when you buy the ticket. on the flip side she went to a historical game and can always talk about that fact.

That is like buying a ticket to the movies and not liking it, then turning around and demanding your money back because it didn't end the way you thought it would.
[/quote]
Do you go to a GF and think it will be a draw Dan? No way. Do you go to a GF and want a draw? Hell no! You go to a GF to see a result. It's a lot of money to go to the GF these days, and a lot of people travel from interstate as well. It's only fair they get a result, even if that means it has to go the extra time.

This is the 21st century. This c**p line "it's how it's been for years" doesn't cut it anymore. Even the players think it should go to extra time.

I went to the 1978 Grand Final when Manly drew with Cronulla, then couldn't get to the replay which was mid week because of work. Manly won 16-0 in front of a small crowd, and I had to listen to it on a radio.
It's a good thing that the RL changed the rules to ensure a result first time. I'm certain the AFL will do likewise after this season.

There is no culture of extra point in AFL (not sure if they have it in semi's)

They have drawn games during the season etc

lsz link said:
There is no culture of extra point in AFL (not sure if they have it in semi's)

They have drawn games during the season etc
They have extra point in semi's, just not the GF.

Dan link said:
[quote author=abnc link=topic=185478.msg298078#msg298078 date=1285553072]

[/quote]

Bulls**t. You know you are not guaranteed a result when you buy the ticket. on the flip side she went to a historical game and can always talk about that fact.

[/quote]

But at least the movie has an ENDING!And at least if you are unhappy with the ending of the game,you drown your sorrows,you don't ask for your $$ back.What do they do this week..another parade?another GF breakfast?Did they have a best and fairest on ground (like our churchill medal)?Will they have another winner of that medal next week?I wonder what would happen if the trams,buses or train companies had trackwork planned next week?There'd be a revolution in Melbourne!There's the races at Caulfield (I think) and some big group ones.This year was the first I can remember that there was a metrop race meeting (albeit in the sticks at Sandown).Next week will be a big clash with AFL/Vic racing.hahaha-suffer melbourne!!

Yes they had a best and fairest and yes they will have another this week.

About buses, trams etc. The money that comes in doesn't just go to the afl, all of them get a stake.
You obviously have no idea or feel for Melbourne. You may think you love sport but the mexicans love it more and will go to several events a day. I have friends who will go to afl and if there is an nrl game on after or before will go to that and same with soccer.

From all my mexican friends the only complaint I heard was that they had a bucks day planned where they were going charter fishing but the buck is a saints fan so won't turn up. Instead they are watching the grand final with some strippers over.

How you think that anyone really cares or if the afl fans were really upset you are wrong.

They are more upset about not going to the second grand final than they are about there being one. That and now they are offering free tickets plus tickets to non-members who otherwise never get to go.

Sure going to a final and not getting a result isn't ideal but it ain't the worst thing in the world.

You've got no idea ajay.

Racing Victoria have moved Turnbull Stakes day to Sunday to accomodate for the GF.

clontaago link said:
You've got no idea ajay.

Racing Victoria have moved Turnbull Stakes day to Sunday to accomodate for the GF.

Good for melbourne-maybe.Good for the Tab-no.Now people will be bar-b-qing,and watching NRL,and melbourne races are an afterthought.And yes-I DO have an idea,but have been working all sunday and today,so didn't know what racing vic had done(who does).I've been punting for 27+ years,so try to keep at least 1 finger on the pulse.I personally think getting served up Gunbower and Murtoa on a Sat is crap!
And as far as them being upset about 2 games,I don't think that being part of the supposed "history" would sate me.It's not their 1st drawn GF,from memory!No real history in that.(draws in 1948 and 1977)

Bloody Victorians would go to two flies crawling up a wall...and I should know I'm married to one of them!

And we can say all we like BUT Victoria IS the sporting mecca for Oz.

Isn't that right Clon?

Tell me something ajay, were you talking or Reading this much about afl last week, or the week before and were you expecting to talk about it this week?

It's certainly growing on me at the moment. Looking forward to Western Sydney coming in actually.

Dan link said:
Tell me something ajay, were you talking or Reading this much about afl last week, or the week before and were you expecting to talk about it this week?

Hoping saints (afl version)would win.Don't like maguire,so don't like collingwood.Will have little talking about AFL gf this week,as last week,and probably about the same amount to say about the pansy chokers v the rorters.Not really interested,and have too many ACTUAL parental/work things to worry about.If nrl and afl ended,I think I'd survive!Only commenting here because,this being a forum,that's what it's for.

Ryan link said:
It's certainly growing on me at the moment. Looking forward to Western Sydney coming in actually.

I don't know whether that's tongue-in-cheek,Ryan,but if their colours were maroon and white...who knows!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6