• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great game but for a mob that prides itself on being at the forefront of the Australian codes how is it that they don't have a provision for extra time in a grand final.

I know that Manly won a couple of titles in replays but ffs that was 40 odd years ago.

As I said a great game but as the legendary Tezza once said a draws like kissing your sister.

I have a soft spot for the Saints. Good effort to claw their way back. The players looked absolutely gutted that they couldn't have a decision on the day - crazy.

terribe management. what happens if it's a draw in one of the semi finals? mid week playoff?

Get on the saints next week. Collingwood are gooooorn!

What do you do if a Collingwood player is drowning?

Probably nothing. If you drag him to the top he'll choke anyway!

Lyon_Roars link said:
terribe management. what happens if it's a draw in one of the semi finals? mid week playoff?

They play extra time in all the finals bar the Grand Final.

Pretty ridiculous, but the AFL will make another cool couple of million out of it.

Great game, loved it. If Manly ever got chopped I wouldn't hesitate in switching to AFL.

The GAYFL GF and Elections have 2 things in common for me! I wish for them to both hurry up and be over.Can't stand GAYFL and was looking forward to not hearing about it for a few months.

They could have another draw next week,and the next, and on and on....GAYFL Groundhog day ? ;D

Business genius.

Imagine how much more hype this week will bring. Plus the extra dollars and then addition hype and advertising when they start talking about changing the rules

Nthn NSW link said:
The GAYFL GF and Elections have 2 things in common for me! I wish for them to both hurry up and be over.Can't stand GAYFL and was looking forward to not hearing about it for a few months.

Yeah I'm no fan of GayFL either. Though however I do have a soft spot for the Magpies as they are Sydney Swans boogie team and everytime they beat the Swans, it would mean a blow against GayFL in NSW.

Dan link said:
Business genius.

Imagine how much more hype this week will bring. Plus the extra dollars and then addition hype and advertising when they start talking about changing the rules

yeah maybe it would bring a bit of hype if it happened to us. Still the NRL could learn alot from GayFL.

Dan link said:
Business genius.

They'll be able to sign up some more league players to warm their benches.

$19 million more to the AFL they reckon.  They are going to hand some to each of the clubs.  It was a cracker of a game. 

Agree Dan,wholeheartedly

How much extra cash that they dont need will be pumped into the AFL with another grand final

Who cares about this **** game?
Should be on general discusion so we can come on here to get away from all the media dribble about that crap game.

Maybe it was scripted to be a draw for extra $$$.Mmmmm-what about corruption allegations.Seems to happen in NRL every time something fishy happens.
Also,here was me thinking that their finals system was better than the NRL system,but nooo,they can't have a result on the one day.They must have deep pockets,those gayfl supporters,to afford 2 lots of gf tickets.

Their finals system is better. This individual rule is debatable an issue but I don't see a problem.

Word is it will bring in another 25 million for the AFL

What about the media exposure in what is normally a NRL dominated week?

That is worth far more than any $

Exactly right... I dont hate AFL... but wouldnt care if it didnt exist... but the NRL could learn a helluva lot from the administration... 95% of the way the game is run has it over the NRL.. Thats why they can afford to throw millions of dollars at NRL players to get them to switch and earn more publicity... especially in NRL heartlands of NSW and QLD... Hopefully when we get this independant comission... whenever that may be... our game can make progress...

I dont follow GayFL either.. But I do have a soft spot for the pies.
I asked who the most hated team was in the GayFL (a few years back) - and was answered the pies- I was told that they're the Manly team of the GayFL! ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4