Garricks performance at centre

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If anybody is counting (I am), Garrick has let in tries in all 3 games due to poor defensive reads.

His attack has been outstanding though.

Not sure why we have moved Talau to the opposite, I feel he looks uncomfortable on the right side. I my opinion we have weakened two positions to make Garrick a centre. Why not leave Garrick on the wing and bring in a good centre.
Anyway hope he come good, seems to be on the improve.

If anybody is counting (I am), Garrick has let in tries in all 3 games due to poor defensive reads.

As a centre he makes a good winger.

Sure we can be patient and by the end of season we might consistently be singing his praises.

But in the process we miss the finals, again. Then Seibold has a problem, because he will be skating on thin ice.

As CRPSI affirms, we have weakened two positions to allow this vanity project to proceed.

Yep.
His bad defensive reads have let in at least 6 tries in 3 matches.
Imagine if whipping boy Harper was still playing centre. Silvertails would be burning him at the stake.

Remember, Garrick supposedly played centre all his junior career. Defending should not be foreign to him.

Yep.
His bad defensive reads have let in at least 6 tries in 3 matches.
Imagine if whipping boy Harper was still playing centre. Silvertails would be burning him at the stake.

Remember, Garrick supposedly played centre all his junior career. Defending should not be foreign to him.
He’s clueless on set plays. Smart teams like Melbourne would target him and have a field day.

What are they doing at training? Seibold has to address this issue pronto.

And who's the player inside Garrick in the defensive line? The same bloke who was inside Harper and confused the s**t out of him as well: Cherry. But really, it's pointless to point the finger at one link in that chain. The whole left side - Haumole, Cherry, Garrick and Paulo - have got to get better at reading plays and working in a cohesive manner.

They just always seem so out of sync: one will jam in, one will rush up, one will slide wide. It's a godawful mess. Surely Seibold has something in his coaching kit bag to address it, even if it's an extra two hours of trust falls and visualisation exercises a week…

It’s frustrating that we have two class wingers at the club in Garrick and Saab, and yet here we are struggling with two poor replacement options. Garrick and Saab have really developed into top class modern wingers, and have further improvement in them… and yet, we stick one in the centres, despite lacking a quality replacement for him.

Our left-side defence has been a huge problem for years. And our centres and wingers, whoever they have been, have always copped the blame. But in that time, the only constant on that side of the field has been DCE.

DCE is an excellent one-on-one defender, but I swear his reads in defence are awful. The main issue is that he always seems to hesitate, which throws everyone else off. A number of times today you can see him move up with the line, stop, point left to indicate his inside man (Haumole) should take that player (which Haumole does), but then he follows Hamoule in, leaving the centre and winger to account for the three or four players left over.

The only way to fix it is for the whole left side - DCE, Haumole, Garrick and Paulo - to work better together.
You would think this is identified in their game reviews so why does it always happen??? I agree, he is a great one on one defender but you gotta wonder why our outside defence is always suspect.

Most likely just be the same old syndrome if Parker is moved back to the centres and Garrick back to wing .
Lack of pace and strike hindering any outside back "s best attacking prospects .
Would seem similar with Talau moved to centre even taking into account that he is quite good on his feet .
Still seems more advantages then disadvantages having Garrick in the centres and every time he gets or is put in the open , just know that he is going to make plenty of ground or better
Bit of a way to go on some slightly better positional defence but no big deal , it is a team "s collective defensive and not just on one player .
Would still say Paulo for the other wing position when Saab returns ,
Those in and aways runs to the defensive line in broker play seem to work well in Paulo 's favor ,
Not sure whether they can be a regular feature of his play or ongoing effective but not a bad attribute to have

Most likely just be the same old syndrome if Parker is moved back to the centres and Garrick back to wing .
Lack of pace and strike hindering any outside back "s best attacking prospects .
Would seem similar with Talau moved to centre even taking into account that he is quite good on his feet .
Still seems more advantages then disadvantages having Garrick in the centres and every time he gets or is put in the open , just know that he is going to make plenty of ground or better
Bit of a way to go on some slightly better positional defence but no big deal , it is a team "s collective defensive and not just on one player .
Would still say Paulo for the other wing position when Saab returns ,
Those in and aways runs to the defensive line in broker play seem to work well in Paulo 's favor ,
Not sure whether they can be a regular feature of his play or ongoing effective but not a bad attribute to have
You have more faith in Paulo than I do, Al. I hope he comes good but it's gunna have to happen soon.

You have more faith in Paulo than I do, Al. I hope he comes good but it's gunna have to happen soon.
Actually [ well just my take ] a little bit more upside then Talau and Ray Ray and probably eventually Faulalo .
Young Hoppa looks to be in good favor with the coaching staff and a good prospect but some way off .
Talau did look quite capable against the Roosters and just have to see how it goes from here
Paulo has some quite good speed apparently , hasn 't been that noticeable yet but could come to the fore more if he can retain his spot and with more opportunities [ or long range ]
B T W , how do you get your In Laws [ dinner ] through Australian customs if they ever visit

Garrick was NRL winger of the year in 2021… playing outside Parker at centre..

We also finished top 4 so Brad can’t have hindered his strike too much…

I know, I know, Tom, Tom, Tom but Tom is fit again THIS year and Parker is still a great defender and a bloody good hole runner… I would be happy to see Parker back in the centres (for now) and Reuben back where he is most effective at wing…

No knock on sandwich, I just think his pace and finishing skills are needed at wing and his defensive reads at centre are not great… mind you, they will not get better unless he gets the opportunity to play in the position for a decent period of time so I really do not mind which way Seibs goes…

It’s frustrating that we have two class wingers at the club in Garrick and Saab, and yet here we are struggling with two poor replacement options. Garrick and Saab have really developed into top class modern wingers, and have further improvement in them… and yet, we stick one in the centres, despite lacking a quality replacement for him.
Not sure if there was truth to it but the story is/was that Sandwich stayed (knocked back FB at the knights) on the proviso that he would get his shot at centre… if so then he has to get that shot I guess…

Agree tho, he had developed into an outstanding winger so it is a little bewildering…

A strike centre would have given Garrick more opportunities
Brad Parker is in NSW cup and at back row for Good reason
Our coaching staff finally saw the light

I know, I know, Tom, Tom, Tom but Tom is fit again THIS year and Parker is still a great defender and a bloody good hole runner… I would be happy to see Parker back in the centres (for now) and Reuben back where he is most effective at wing…

No knock on sandwich, I just think his pace and finishing skills are needed at wing and his defensive reads at centre are not great… mind you, they will not get better unless he gets the opportunity to play in the position for a decent period of time so I really do not mind which way Seibs goes…
Sure that the coaching staff is taking all of this into consideration but the indications are that he is being transitioned an edge now
Good that he would be more then capable of playing back into the centres if required however .

Sure that the coaching staff is taking all of this into consideration but the indications are that he is being transitioned an edge now
Good that he would be more then capable of playing back into the centres if required however .
Yep, that is obviously the plan but we are pretty solid for backrowers atm and are lacking out wide (imo) with Saab out…
Parker has shown he is capable of filling a role that we really need atm - contrary to the opinion of our esteemed @BOZO, speed will only get you so far if you keep missing your marks in defence…

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8