Garrick's goal kicking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
As a said before, happy to stick with Garrick. He Is a sweet striker of the ball and has had a couple of off kicking games like any other. As long as his stats remain high. Really don’t get the DCE shouldn’t kick because of added pressure and potential leg issues. Absolute BS. Goal kicking is not going to hurt your leg (would love to hear of an example of someone injuring himself kicking a friggen ball off a tee). As for pressure, that is what drives the best players. Never seemed to affect JT’s game, or dare I say, Cam Smith.

Garrick seems to miss when he takes his time setting up the kick, like he over-thinks it and misses

Lots of pressure on the rookie.

Better his kicking suffers(still a pretty good rate) than the rest of it, which he has been great at.

It's a really hard call whether to put that kicking pressure on DCE to relieve Garrick or whether to put pressure on the rest of Garrick's game by firing him from kicking duties.

I say leave it as it is, but Des knows better than me of course, and will sort it out.

First one he sliced it and the other two misses were from the side lines. I think it speaks to how good a kicker he is that he misses a few efforts from far side and we classify it a slump. Definitely keep the faith in him, he's a good kicker.

First one he sliced it and the other two misses were from the side lines. I think it speaks to how good a kicker he is that he misses a few efforts from far side and we classify it a slump. Definitely keep the faith in him, he's a good kicker.
Its not the misses in general, its how poorly he is striking them. He's missed 3 easy ones in the last few weeks and even some that went in he did not strike well. It is definitely a slump and hopefully it doesn't cost us another game. Happy to stick with him but we cant afford easy misses like we've had

You can see his technique is off from what it was early on. His strike is more jarring and his follow through not as smooth. It really is just like a golf swing, when it’s on it just flows nicely from the strike of the ball to the follow-through; when it’s off - it feels clunky and dis-jointed. I used to kick for years when I was younger and had these patches of form.

It’s all mental, he needs to have a bit of a break from it at training in my experience - just kick in the games for a few weeks and get his rhythm back - then ramp it up at training leading into the finals.

It happens every time we score a try.
Has done for ages.

Are you talking about that strobe light that goes off in the rightmost corporate box/room every time we score?

I've noticed that before & used to think it might have been a bunch of photographers with flashes on their cameras but someone was telling me at the Parra game it's a "feature" that has been installed in the room.

All I know is I wouldnt want to suffer from epilepsy when it goes off.

Are you talking about that strobe light that goes off in the rightmost corporate box/room every time we score?

I've noticed that before & used to think it might have been a bunch of photographers with flashes on their cameras but someone was telling me at the Parra game it's a "feature" that has been installed in the room.

All I know is I wouldnt want to suffer from epilepsy when it goes off.

That's the one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10