Game review

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eggson

Bencher
Just some (drunk) thoughts...add your own!

Pretty bad first half
Bani still weak in a few areas
Watmough let in the first try with a missed one on one tackle again
Matai - injured again??
Orford had some bad kicks
Bailey was pretty good i thought, so was Rodney and Rose
Good game for the most for JWH
Williams has a high ball weakness it seems from city/country and this game

Lyon - solid gold.  Our lynchpin for sure.

Summary - we won.  Wasn't an 80 min effort and wasn't pretty but this will set us up well for the heritage round.  When we were down 16-0 i was pretty much walking away from the tv, which i've never done before.  Good thing i decided to crack open another beer and sit it out.  With injuries and players backing up, plus playing in Brisbane we did well.  Good job boys, back it up next week

eggson link said:
Just some (drunk) thoughts...add your own!

Pretty bad first half
Bani still weak in a few areas
Watmough let in the first try with a missed one on one tackle again
Matai - injured again??
Orford had some bad kicks
Bailey was pretty good i thought, so was Rodney and Rose
Good game for the most for JWH
Williams has a high ball weakness it seems from city/country and this game

Lyon - solid gold.  Our lynchpin for sure.

Summary - we won.  Wasn't an 80 min effort and wasn't pretty but this will set us up well for the heritage round.  When we were down 16-0 i was pretty much walking away from the tv, which i've never done before.  Good thing i decided to crack open another beer and sit it out.  With injuries and players backing up, plus playing in Brisbane we did well.  Good job boys, back it up next week
couldn't agree more with the summary of weaknesses,i couldn't have put it better myself,if we can tweak these areas we will be champions again,good work boys!

Teams will be lining up to attack our LHS, running at Orford and Watmough. Both of their defences are suspect, hate to think what the missed tackle count between those two was today. Bani is equally as hopeless in defence, that try he let in was a poor attempt. As was Wolfmans two attempts at defusing bombs.

Orford's kicking is still rubbish despite the one good grubber for the first try. Why oh why can't he get any consistency with the boot. I doubt I've seen a more pathetic attempt at drop goal from right in front 25m out with no pressure.

We did our best to hand this game to the Broncos with stupid penalties and dropped pill. Talk about frustrating, it's like they don't want to control the game. We couldn't shut down their offload today either, I don't know how many times we fell off tackles or let them wriggle loose. FFS hit them and put them on the deck, or at least tie up the pill.

A win's a win, but I'm worried it'll just be wall papering over some pretty big cracks. Jamie can't carry us like that every week. Agree Rodney was good as was Glenn, and Rose did nothing wrong. Too many errors, too many turnovers, some soft tries, poor kicking game..............let's hope that it least gives them some confidence to keep improving.

plenty of things to nit pick, so how come if our defense was so bad we still won?
Brisbane as always had a reputation as a side that doesn't stop trying for the whole 80 mins.

I think if you take the silly penalties out, and make Bani do extra Tackling practise  ;D you can actually reflect on a great 2nd half effort.

I defy anyone to say that the whole teams defense and goal line defense in particular wasn't outstanding.
Attack was a bit rubbish, but hey, clearly Jamie lyon has been told to start taking whatever Stewie was on and its working. That guy is pure freak!

It's the same few players being exploited in the past few weeks which has cost us. Watmough and Bani with their one-on-one defence and Williams under the high ball (dropped one or two in the City/Country game as well). Most players have been individually very good, we just aren't as good as covering our weaknesses as we were last year (maybe teams have studied us more).

Also, 50/50 plays in attack which last year would have stuck aren't this year (Lyon being clipped and the backline move to our left flank where Orford's pass just missed Watmough from today's game). Same with last week, a couple of bombed tries really cost us.

If we work on the above weaknesses and things start to gel, even without Stewie we're a top 4 team.

Edit: Oh, and stupid penalties as well. Same culprits each week.

The Wolfman needs to address his lack of ability to defuse bombs.

Both at Orange and Suncorp this weekend he didn't even contest for the ball. All coaches will have noted this and he can expect to be targetted in the coming weeks.

same thing was said about Brett 2 or 3 years ago after the broncos game.

he never dropped another all season

Fluffy link said:
same thing was said about Brett 2 or 3 years ago after the broncos game.

he never dropped another all season

I could handle it if he was dropping them, but he is not leaving the ground or covering the path of the chaser.

Chip & Chase link said:
Teams will be lining up to attack our LHS, running at Orford and Watmough. Both of their defences are suspect, hate to think what the missed tackle count between those two was today. Bani is equally as hopeless in defence, that try he let in was a poor attempt.

[img=324x400]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/Jethro01/Rd9Stats.jpg[/img]

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/Jethro01/Rd9Stats.jpg

Wolf needs to come up more in defence instead of being so deep, he's not going up for the bombs because they are right over the top of him, he is going to struggle to get up above someone who is on the run.

It was interesting to hear Wally Lewis comment that there was no talk coming form the manly team in defence. I believe this is where they miss stewart big time. He is constantly talking and directing from the back in defence.

There was so much crap coming from the commentators. I loved that Gus kept saying that Manly were offering nothing and going nowhere whilst at the same time we were making 50 m every set and they were making 30 m. Wally was saying that but that was also nonsense. You could hear lots of talk. They are just talking Manly down as it is their agenda!!

Ryno link said:
It was interesting to hear Wally Lewis comment that there was no talk coming form the manly team in defence. I believe this is where they miss stewart big time. He is constantly talking and directing from the back in defence.

Lyon does this too. Can't count how many times I've seen a tackle made on his side of the field and you see him run back in the bottom right corner of the screen signalling players over.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7