Game day thread Manly V St Choke MNF 16th August

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Robbo will get a pasting I am sure, but he has been pretty good imo, certainly all you can expect from a 4th choice

This Dragons defence is awesome, I have no doubt against a lot of other sides we would have 4-5 tries on the board by now but this mob just keep turning up

I think Robbo has been our best out there. Probably a bit deep on a couple of occassions when the line was broken, but he did some good things and look reasonably dangerous out wide.

Glenn Stewart also gave his guts tonight and didn't stop trying.

I thought robbo was no good at all. He played like a winger.... I don't blame him for that I blame Des.

Liueli of Brookvale link said:
T-REX has to GO! He's not a 1st grader! If you think he is.. Say it, put your hand up, aim up! I want to see who you are.

He had a bad one tonight for sure, though the lack of alernatives at the moment, I think we just need to stick with him. However Hodkinsopn is the one that really needs to go. He's already with the BUlldogs!! Just make it officially and send himt here right now.

Thought that Oldfield had a good game.  Pretty safe under the high ball.  It goes to show that you don't need to pay big money for wingers as they are a dime a dozen.  

tookey link said:
Thought that Oldfield had a good game.  Pretty safe under the high ball.  It goes to show that you don't need to pay big money for wingers as they are a dime a dozen. 
quote author=tookey link=topic=184664.msg284947#msg284947 date=1281955736]
Thought that Oldfield had a good game.  Pretty safe under the high ball.  It goes to show that you
tookey link said:
Thought that Oldfield had a good game.  Pretty safe under the high ball.  It goes to show that you don't need to pay big money for wingers as they are a dime a dozen. 
don't need to pay big money for wingers as they are a dime a dozen. 
[/quote] Good first game - he can hold his head up high.

Am glad to see nobody is getting into Oldfield over his error in the 1st half that led to points

I felt bad for Glenn tonight, tried his arse off, then dropped a ball and missed a simple tackle on Fien to give them a try

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Am glad to see nobody is getting into Oldfield over his error in the 1st half that led to points

I felt bad for Glenn tonight, tried his arse off, then dropped a ball and missed a simple tackle on Fien to give them a try

Which error?

ads link said:
I thought robbo was no good at all. He played like a winger.... I don't blame him for that I blame Des.

Really? I thought Robbo was close to our best tonight - he really put in, made a couple of great attacking plays, ran hard, looked as dangerous as anyone else we had out there. Safe as houses under the high ball, too. Can't ask for too much more from a guy playing out of position in a tough game.
Kite was also great - he's really stringing some good games together now - and Oldfield had an excellent debut.

Really? I thought Robbo was close to our best tonight - he really put in, made a couple of great attacking plays, ran hard, looked as dangerous as anyone else we had out there. Safe as houses under the high ball, too. Can't ask for too much more from a guy playing out of position in a tough game.
Kite was also great - he's really stringing some good games together now - and Oldfield had an excellent debut.
[/quote]
Agree, I thought Robbo was our best too for all the reasons quoted. Also Oldfield making 132 metres and great under the high balls was a fantastic debut. And yes Kite was great as well.

Anyone know why King's on report? I didn't see anything wrong with that tackle.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6