Game Day Thread (Dark Mode)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
It’s a ridiculous suggestion.

But that’s Silvertails these days , it’s really becoming a situation where there’s multiple strong personalities on here and all pushing their views as what should be THE view.
and then add in the personal insults...that's why I stopped posting, life is too short, so now I just read what's going on and let it go.

BTW how is your health mate?

Eagle 1

First Grader
Post Game Threads, especially after a loss, the usual suspects pop up. If it's a win you hardly see them. Everyone's different with their own slant on team performances. Don't mind the too and thro footy banter even the personal stuff can be pretty funny at times. Take a visit to the Parra forum after a loss, they don't miss anyone, it's an expletivathon, no holds barred. We are nowhere near them or will ever be like them.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Post Game Threads, especially after a loss, the usual suspects pop up. If it's a win you hardly see them. Everyone's different with their own slant on team performances. Don't mind the too and thro footy banter even the personal stuff can be pretty funny at times. Take a visit to the Parra forum after a loss, they don't miss anyone, it's an expletivathon, no holds barred. We are nowhere near them or will ever be like them.
A lot of men i know have a fixer style personality . It drives there women nuts at times.most of my mates are good listeners but they listen to help, not just to let other people get **** off there chests.
Anyone else encountered this in life

2 things
If you post such and such could have done better after a win you are a complaining whiney bastard. And a negative nelly that should be grateful
Thats one thing
If you here to talk footy and not necessarily to be a fan , there is more footy talk after a loss from all the suspects tbh,
And here is a freebie

Just general stuff, not answering you here eags 1

At the end of the day dans rules apply, and we have not heard from dan so whats the problem. There is one law,
While ryans idea doesnt float everyones boat he did it to consider other peoples feelings. Im just not sure if his have been considered by others. He hasnt demanded Dark mode, he suggested it as more of a compromise.
@Ryan has some moments as we all do but you did good mate. Your contribution is great, i dont always agree with your words or views but its footy related, passionate , well written and you are in a very tiny minority that can admit they are wrong and show humility

I would never even read this site if it was ti become some vanilla fan fest.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
and then add in the personal insults...that's why I stopped posting, life is too short, so now I just read what's going on and let it go.

BTW how is your health mate?
Excellent , thanks for asking , I had to have 3 months of daily radiation about 18 months ago to kill the last of the cancer BUT in good news I’m in “ remission “.

Sadly ( but manageable ) the radiation has severely damaged my bladder ( it’s a potential side affect ) so have a bit of incontinence and have to get up for a pee about 3 times a night.

However , a small price to pay for still being alive.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A lot of men i know have a fixer style personality . It drives there women nuts at times.most of my mates are good listeners but they listen to help, not just to let other people get **** off there chests.

2 things
If you post such and such could have done better after a win you are a complaining whiney bastard. And a negative nelly that should be grateful
Thats one thing
If you here to talk footy and not necessarily to be a fan , there is more footy talk after a loss from all the suspects tbh,
And here is a freebie

At the end of the day dans rules apply, and we have not heard from dan so whats the problem. There is one law,
While ryans idea doesnt float everyones boat he did it to consider other peoples feelings. Im just not sure if his have been considered by others. He hasnt demanded Dark mode, he suggested it as more of a compromise.
@Ryan has some moments as we all do but you did good mate. Your contribution is great, i dont always agree with your words or views but its footy related, passionate , well written and you are in a very tiny minority that can admit they are wrong and show humility

I’m dead set against “ dark mode “ , I’ve avoided the GDT for about 12 months , it takes away from the enjoyment of watching a game , I did however enter the last one , the game where we had all the debuts and 9 front line players out.

AND despite all the outs and changes I was surprised to read the comments on there but that’s the GDT so enter at your own risk.

But what I am against , is after every loss , we get the following threads created , Sack DCE, Sack Seidud, Sack XXXX, Player YYYY is a dud and so on and so forth.

It’s boring and adds nothing to the group,

I suggested ( and think it’s been adopted ) , have one MEGA anti thread , post to your hearts content if that’s what rocks your boat.

Everything that happens isn’t negative , some is but there are a lot of good things , these get completely lost in a sea of negativity.

So

No dark mode , GDT to remain as it is.
One MEGA negative thread , go your hardest.
And the rest becomes interesting to all.

Eagle 1

First Grader

2 things
Thats one thing
And here is a freebie

Thanks for the kind words jbb, think we've had an odd disagreement here and there but allways Manly footy related. After all, isn't this what passionate supporters are all about.

Eagle 1

First Grader
I’m dead set against “ dark mode “ , I’ve avoided the GDT for about 12 months , it takes away from the enjoyment of watching a game , I did however enter the last one , the game where we had all the debuts and 9 front line players out.

AND despite all the outs and changes I was surprised to read the comments on there but that’s the GDT so enter at your own risk.

But what I am against , is after every loss , we get the following threads created , Sack DCE, Sack Seidud, Sack XXXX, Player YYYY is a dud and so on and so forth.

I suggested ( and think it’s been adopted ) , have one MEGA anti thread , post to your hearts content if that’s what rocks your boat.

Everything that happens isn’t negative , some is but there are a lot of good things , these get completely lost in a sea of negativity.

So

I don't get to bothered with it tbh Mark, that's their take on it, may not be mine tho. Wouldn't want it being to bland tho, it would take out the entertainment value of the GDT somewhat.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

So

You may have a good point but you are speaking for you, not everyone as you have claimed

We have one team, 30 players. Threads do get monotonous for sure, but what are we expecting from 365 days of blanket coverage about 1 team
Example mark, not trying to hassel you but grab this perspective
Some people really enjoyed you dropping @ next week 2000 times, others thought it was boring and negative, but on and on and on it went, many scrolled and never tried to control how or when you used it

same could be said for me and dce

Let people be themselves and if they break dans rules , voice your opinion every day buddy but if you feel the need to tell others there opinion isnt wanted here, then its probably more about you than them

Relax mate or buy dans site.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You may have a good point but you are speaking for you, not everyone as you have claimed

We have one team, 30 players. Threads do get monotonous for sure, but what are we expecting from 365 days of blanket coverage about 1 team
Example mark, not trying to hassel you but grab this perspective
Some people really enjoyed you dropping @ next week 2000 times, others thought it was boring and negative, but on and on and on it went, many scrolled and never tried to control how or when you used it

same could be said for me and dce

Let people be themselves and if they break dans rules , voice your opinion every day buddy but if you feel the need to tell others there opinion isnt wanted here, then its probably more about you than them

Relax mate or buy dans site.
Woah , didn’t expect that response , but whatever rocks your boat.

Pete W

Bencher
I don't get to bothered with it tbh Mark, that's their take on it, may not be mine tho. Wouldn't want it being to bland tho, it would take out the entertainment value of the GDT somewhat.
I find it highly entertaining actually. As gutted as I can get when Manly play like sh*t, I can always count on someone else feeling even worse lol and some of the posts genuinely crack me up. As ridiculous as they are, I feel the pain too! And seeing the frustration across the forum is actually kind of therapeutic for me

Eagle 1

First Grader
I find it highly entertaining actually. As gutted as I can get when Manly play like sh*t, I can always count on someone else feeling even worse lol and some of the posts genuinely crack me up. As ridiculous as they are, I feel the pain too! And seeing the frustration across the forum is actually kind of therapeutic for me
Same here, so well put Pete.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
2 things

Im for people posting what they want, and I'm also for challenging peoples points of view.

On the above though, I dont think I've seen anyone take issue with people talking footy and saying "such and such could have done better". I think it's more the "player XXX is a ***** joke" and "pathetic" type stuff.

We've disagreed plenty but you articulate your point with some reasoning about it.which is what it is all about.

Anyhoo just over 48 hours till the Cowboys

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Excellent , thanks for asking , I had to have 3 months of daily radiation about 18 months ago to kill the last of the cancer BUT in good news I’m in “ remission “.
Sadly ( but manageable ) the radiation has severely damaged my bladder ( it’s a potential side affect ) so have a bit of incontinence and have to get up for a pee about 3 times a night.
However , a small price to pay for still being alive.
Great to hear that you are in Remission and may you be an inspiration of hope to any one reading this that is going thought the big C Challenge
1720068692840.png

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
One thing you never mentioned in your post is the Joy and Jubilation after a Great Manly win
So there is balance on this site . It is not all Negative
Passionate Manly people are Loyal people and are not Good losers
Loyalty is Royalty when it comes to a football clubs fan base
Loyal Fans stick with their club in good times and the bad times and they are also bad losers

Show me a Good Loser and i will show you a Loser
Is a quote by One of the Greatest Winning coaches of all time Vince Lombardi

What does this quote mean ....
The coach is telling his team that any one of them who is prepared to be 'a good loser' and just smile and accept it if they lose a game, hasn't just lost that particular game, but that attitude means they are 'a loser' in life, a total loser

I ask you feathered friend @Mark from Brisbane .
Are you a Good loser ?

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sorry for the delay on responding @Seagles68 . You're one of my favourite posters on here, if favourites are allowed....so's @globaleagle but maybe don't let him know that 😂
Be careful of the favourite posters @NREagle. Remember the days someone would start a thread about their eg. Top five posters, top five funniest posters, top five influential posters…etc.
And every time, without fail, by page 2 it would turn into a ****fight (sometimes page 1)
The poor buggers that started those threads, I think they were coming from a place of positivity…..I don’t see them on here anymore. Probably scared the bejesus out of them. @:D

ps. Sorry to hear about your troubles. When it rains it pours sometimes. Hopefully you are coming to the end of that cycle.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18