Game Day Thread (Dark Mode)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Rocky

Bencher
I think I’m supposed to be a part of that , but I rarely speak to anyone offline , and I’m not sure how I ( or we ) actually manipulate the content by doing so.

If 5 similar posters have been anointed, then the person announcing that has done the anointing.

I’m also not sure who the other 4 are , so maybe if anyone knows they can tell me.

As to being a “ gang “ I’m not sure about that either.

I find it highly amusing.
Yeah I'm fairly new to the site in the scheme of things so likely fairly naive to the nuances and some of the history. But it would blow me away that people would actually conspire on here - after all for what benefit or incentive?

ive never actually personally spoken to anyone offline or in a private message.

Anyway that's probably enough airtime for this

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yeah I'm fairly new to the site in the scheme of things so likely fairly naive to the nuances and some of the history. But it would blow me away that people would actually conspire on here - after all for what benefit or incentive?

ive never actually personally spoken to anyone offline or in a private message.

Anyway that's probably enough airtime for this
It’s just a footy forum , at the end of the day

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
It’s just a footy forum , at the end of the day
Agreed. And the same words could just as easily be applied to your own approach towards posters whom you deem as being too “doom and gloom”. I have noticed ongoing antagonism from you towards those you perceive as being too negative towards the team/club… ironically, that behaviour is as negative and divisive as the actions you call out. Just my observation and opinion, mate.

Wombat Junior

Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm sorry, but I will not be making a second Game Day thread.

However, as SeaEagleRock8 has suggested in Post #6 to this thread, I am willing to create a "Conversation, and inviting only selected dark brotherhood characters" titled 'Game Day Thread (Dark Mode)' and each week on game day before the game starts, I will copy all of the usual Game Day thread Post #1 information to the conversation.

If you wish to take part in this 'Game Day Thread (Dark Mode)' conversation, then please request your invitation via this current thread and quote either this post or me and I will add you to the conversation.
count me in :)

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think I’m supposed to be a part of that , but I rarely speak to anyone offline , and I’m not sure how I ( or we ) actually manipulate the content by doing so.

If 5 similar posters have been anointed, then the person announcing that has done the anointing.

I’m also not sure who the other 4 are , so maybe if anyone knows they can tell me.

As to being a “ gang “ I’m not sure about that either.

I find it highly amusing.

Here they are @Mark from Brisbane Is that you in the centre perhaps?
The Silvertails Gang of Five - Dark mode activated.
five-anonymous-hackers-full-hd-ze6d067myguoy8s3.jpg

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Will definitely make me rethink trying to do anything positive again, or helping people in the future.

Oooof.
Don't look into it too much Ryan, your a good bloke and I personally can't see a problem with your insightful idea and at the end of the day, ppl can simply choose to go to "The Dark side" or stay on the general thread....but I don't reckon Disco was having a go there, more just a bit of a laugh at all these different things going on when Manly are losing or not playing, we all go a bit stir crazy @:oops:@:eek::talking:>:)

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Here they are @Mark from Brisbane Is that you in the centre perhaps?
The Silvertails Gang of Five - Dark mode activated.
View attachment 27470
It may be "Mark Capone" from Brisbane - underworld kingpin @:smirk:
Honestly can't see Mark as this corrupt underground Silvertails dude, pretty much says what he thinks, so the hat don't fit imo and who in the heck would have a personal chat group to discuss Silvertail members, if this did exist I'd call it the "Get a Life" group :call:.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Bye rounds are the worst....look at the state of us 😂😂

7 more days till the Cowboys.....😂
I was actually going to make this point as well. But inclusive of last weeks game and sone of the debate re hunphries/selections. Felt some of that was more about not having much else of substance to debate really what with all the outs etc.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Agreed. And the same words could just as easily be applied to your own approach towards posters whom you deem as being too “doom and gloom”. I have noticed ongoing antagonism from you towards those you perceive as being too negative towards the team/club… ironically, that behaviour is as negative and divisive as the actions you call out. Just my observation and opinion, mate.
Opinions are like arseholes , everyone has one.

And if you don’t like what I say I suggest the ignore button.

I don’t use it but feel free to do so.

And at almost 70 I won’t be changing my views or the way I post.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It may be "Mark Capone" from Brisbane - underworld kingpin @:smirk:
Honestly can't see Mark as this corrupt underground Silvertails dude, pretty much says what he thinks, so the hat don't fit imo and who in the heck would have a personal chat group to discuss Silvertail members, if this did exist I'd call it the "Get a Life" group :call:.
It’s a ridiculous suggestion.

But that’s Silvertails these days , it’s really becoming a situation where there’s multiple strong personalities on here and all pushing their views as what should be THE view.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Opinions are like arseholes , everyone has one.

And if you don’t like what I say I suggest the ignore button.

I don’t use it but feel free to do so.

And at almost 70 I won’t be changing my views or the way I post.
Cheers Mark.

Not asking or expecting you to change anything, mate. I respect your view. I was just offering feedback from my own perspective. We are all Manly people in the end. 😊

47MVEagle

Bencher
The more I think about it, it's just another wedge to drive between like minded people.....just coming from the opposite direction from @Mark from Brisbane and his ilk.

Having to ask to be allowed to be accepted to a different part of the community???

No thanks, just on principle.

What happens when an "accepted" poster starts saying stuff the group doesn't like.....we get another even darker thread?
Exactly right, it starts going the way of Animal Farm.

Shoe1

Journey Man
I don’t think a second echo chamber is the answer. One is enough. You may as well start a WhatsApp group with a small group if you want a private chat.

I don’t log in much these days, and I must say I am enjoying games more, not dwelling on errors or dud calls as much.

This is not a comment on my fellow silvertails, it is more a comment about me, I’m more likely to obsess over errors and dud calls or ****house play if I read 10 opinions about the incident(s) on here for days.

Not obsessing has really helped me in other parts of life, I have more time for example to plot world domination etc.

47MVEagle

Bencher
When I was fresh on here I used to post in the game day threads but then I realised that I was not only missing most of the game but that the majority of the posts were knee jerk negativity so I stopped.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Don't take the commentary to heart @Ryan Particularly mine.
I'm just taking the piss, as I find both sides of the argument/discussion hilarious.
See you on the dark side.
You're on the money again @Eagles4Life, damn you. A couple of posts in I realised how silly I was going on about it. I've rarely even looked at the thread coz I'm usually at the game. But I now see what you've done here - just when I thought I was out, you pull me back in - for your own entertainment. You tricky tricky bugger!!

Last edited:

manly al

First Grader
Don't take the commentary to heart @Ryan Particularly mine.
I'm just taking the piss, as I find both sides of the argument/discussion hilarious.
See you on the dark side.
Don " t be tempted to play the role of a Dark Side whisperer though , that might really confuse proceedings
Another concern , if you do venture to the Dark Side , what is it going to take to get you and others back after being indoctrinated there

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 8 7 -8 18