Game Day Thread (Dark Mode)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I'm PM'ing someone atm about the tone of the place, and I suggested it's like Disney has acquired Silvertails, and they've re-released it as an episode of The Acolyte, where no matter how bad it gets, the narrative should always be positive and supportive, and if it's not, you're just wrong (labelled this, that and the other).

For mine, it's a generational thing, tbh.
I can't speak for the Acolyte (or any Star Wars for that matter but I wouldnt put this place near Disney haha.

Labels like 'negative' are no different to accusing of 'toxic positivity', 'apathy' etc etc.

Personally, I've no issue if people want to call me a happy clapper, negative or anything in between. Or call a player the messiah or awful or anything in between. If I disagree (and Ryan we often do) I'll get into it.

As long as nothing is abusive, derogatory, racist, homophobic etc etc

Speak your truth and I'll speak mine.

Ryan

Journey Man
I can't speak for the Acolyte (or any Star Wars for that matter but I wouldnt put this place near Disney haha.

Labels like 'negative' are no different to accusing of 'toxic positivity', 'apathy' etc etc.

Personally, I've no issue if people want to call me a happy clapper, negative or anything in between. Or call a player the messiah or awful or anything in between. If I disagree (and Ryan we often do) I'll get into it.

As long as nothing is abusive, derogatory, racist, homophobic etc etc

Speak your truth and I'll speak mine.
My summation of you is balanced, and analytical. You'll statistically make a point (which I attempt to do, poorly), but you're mostly accurate (which is frustrating hahaha). You most certainly are a glass have full type, but you also don't tend to play the man, when someone disagrees.

You're definitely getting invited into the GDT (Dark Mode) thread mate hehehe

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
My summation of you is balanced, and analytical. You'll statistically make a point (which I attempt to do, poorly), but you're mostly accurate (which is frustrating hahaha). You most certainly are a glass have full type, but you also don't tend to play the man, when someone disagrees.

You're definitely getting invited into the GDT (Dark Mode) thread mate hehehe
Ha thanks, but I skip the game day thread for the most part, that is dark enough 😂😂

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Honestly I am not a fan but understand the thought process behind it and also think that it might be the only way to go.

I am very much one of the more positive I think but really like reading all the views. I am not sure if the tone has changed but the tolerance levels for differing opinions really has (actually 10 years of mediocre results with occasional bright spots with no real light at the end of tunnel could be a deciding factor)

There are many long term posters I fundamentally disagree with and will say so in as respectful or, and this is ground breaking, I read it and do not feel the need to respond.

47MVEagle

Bencher
Wanting your own thread so you don't have to read anyone's "toxic positivity"?

Have you read Animal Farm? Be careful what you wish for.

How about you just take a leaf out of your own book & practise allowing others to express their opinions? No one's stopping you expressing yours, just not everyone agrees with it or replies to it.

You could do the same, just ignore or not reply to any toxic positivity you disagree with.

Ryan

Journey Man

How about you just take a leaf out of your own book & practise allowing others to express their opinions? No one's stopping you expressing yours, just not everyone agrees with it or replies to it.

You could do the same, just ignore or not reply to any toxic positivity you disagree with.

This wasn't about ME 47. This was about trying to alleviate dis-satisfaction with posters who say they don't frequent or view the site because of XYZ type of thing / reason.

My idea was an attempt to improve the experience for everyone, honestly - including you. So you don't have to read, view, see (for example) my posts. You're the type (maybe a generational thing like @lsz alluded to), where you just ignore / block differing views , and my proposal would bypass that scenario, so that you can enjoy your experience with everyone else who thinks and posts like you do or are willing to accept. You could have everyone aligned, and posting the same / similar views and points as you have.

BUT, I think it was @SeaEagleRock8 that said, it may create an echo chamber type of vibe / feel, and if that's the case, I don't want it either, because I wasn't trying to create division, but more so satisfaction.

You said I should take a leaf out of my own book. I'm sorry if you feel I don't accept everyone's view. I feel like I do. I may get vigorous if I feel someone is being picked on, piled on or abused and get involved when I shouldn't. But my idea was to maybe help with exactly that.

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member

Actually people HAVE been trying to stop him (and others) from being ‘negative’ - suggesting there’s too much negativity and it ruins their experience on this forum. That’s exactly why he’s suggesting for this alternate thread to be created. I don’t think anyone on here has complained about there being too much positivity and it has to stop cause it’s ruining their experience. They might disagree with the positivity but they haven’t insisted it stops.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm sorry, but I will not be making a second Game Day thread.

However, as SeaEagleRock8 has suggested in Post #6 to this thread, I am willing to create a "Conversation, and inviting only selected dark brotherhood characters" titled 'Game Day Thread (Dark Mode)' and each week on game day before the game starts, I will copy all of the usual Game Day thread Post #1 information to the conversation.

If you wish to take part in this 'Game Day Thread (Dark Mode)' conversation, then please request your invitation via this current thread and quote either this post or me and I will add you to the conversation.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member

However, as SeaEagleRock8 has suggested in Post #6 to this thread, I am willing to create a "Conversation, and inviting only selected dark brotherhood characters" titled 'Game Day Thread (Dark Mode)' and each week on game day before the game starts, I will copy all of the usual Game Day thread Post #1 information to the conversation.

If you wish to take part in this 'Game Day Thread (Dark Mode)' conversation, then please request your invitation via this current thread and quote either this post or me and I will add you to the conversation.
Sign me up please Jethro.

47MVEagle

Bencher
This wasn't about ME 47. This was about trying to alleviate dis-satisfaction with posters who say they don't frequent or view the site because of XYZ type of thing / reason.

My idea was an attempt to improve the experience for everyone, honestly - including you. So you don't have to read, view, see (for example) my posts. You're the type (maybe a generational thing like @lsz alluded to), where you just ignore / block differing views , and my proposal would bypass that scenario, so that you can enjoy your experience with everyone else who thinks and posts like you do or are willing to accept. You could have everyone aligned, and posting the same / similar views and points as you have.

BUT, I think it was @SeaEagleRock8 that said, it may create an echo chamber type of vibe / feel, and if that's the case, I don't want it either, because I wasn't trying to create division, but more so satisfaction.

You said I should take a leaf out of my own book. I'm sorry if you feel I don't accept everyone's view. I feel like I do. I may get vigorous if I feel someone is being picked on, piled on or abused and get involved when I shouldn't. But my idea was to maybe help with exactly that.
I just either use the ignore button for posters who get on my nerves & whose stuff I personally don’t find interesting or scroll on & don’t reply to posts I don’t feel like answering or I find negative.

You’re asking for a special thread where people posting negative opinions don’t encounter people posting positive opinions.

That’s exclusivity, the exact opposite of what you say you’re trying to achieve.

47MVEagle

Bencher
Actually people HAVE been trying to stop him (and others) from being ‘negative’ - suggesting there’s too much negativity and it ruins their experience on this forum. That’s exactly why he’s suggesting for this alternate thread to be created. I don’t think anyone on here has complained about there being too much positivity and it has to stop cause it’s ruining their experience. They might disagree with the positivity but they haven’t insisted it stops.
Who exactly has said they’ve left the forum due to too much negativity?

Isn’t that just people expressing their opinions?

Surely a bit of disagreement isn’t the end of the world?

It sounds like Ryan wants his own thread where he can enforce his negative views without encountering any opposing views, which isn’t too far removed from censorship.

47MVEagle

Bencher

If we go into the dark game day conversation & post positive things, will we be banned? 😂

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Who exactly has said they’ve left the forum due to too much negativity?

Isn’t that just people expressing their opinions?

Surely a bit of disagreement isn’t the end of the world?

It sounds like Ryan wants his own thread where he can enforce his negative views without encountering any opposing views, which isn’t too far removed from censorship.
I’m more than happy to hear all points of view. But I’ve see HEAPS of posts saying they’re leaving the forum or a thread cause it’s too negative.

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member

Count me in please Jethro

Sea Eagle 4 Life

Reserve Grader
The only participants allowed to contribute to the 'Dark Mode' thread are:

1719380090616.png

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I mainly avoid the Game Threads , yes it’s very emotional and up and down and if that’s your thing , well that’s your thing.

I did visit last weekends thread and found it interesting how negative it was , with everyone knowing how many outs , and how many changes and still being down on every single play / set / player etc etc.

I haven’t engaged in one for about 12 months and probably won’t again.

I don’t think we need a seperate one at all, vent all you want , it’s already pretty dark and if you enjoy that, well , continue the enjoyment.

All I’d like to see is not every thread infected with the , sack XXXX or sack YYYY or the like SO maybe someone creates a MEGA WHINGE & BITCH thread , and the negative posters can go their hardest and be happy at being able to do it , and rest of us ( that see some things to celebrate ) stay away OR if we go there we expect to cop it big time.

Yeah I know you can ignore people but unless they personally attack me that goes against the grain.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18