GAME DAY - Manly v Raiders [Round 23, 2015] Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you watched the tigers game, Brooks and tedesco were on fire. Tedesco almost won the game by himself with his attacking runs. We need to emulate what the tigers did, would be the ideal game for Tom to be involved in, his pace out wide could be a real asset.

Canberra are no easy beats, when they turn it on - they can score a lot of points quickly - usually early on. Need to weather the early storm and come over the top
I respectfully disagree, I think Manly are completely different from the Tigers.
If we take the approach of attack attack attack we could seriously get burned. The Raiders are a very very quick team but are butter in defense, and will also be very weak at the later point of each half particularly having played Monday night.
The right approach IMHO would be concentrate on maintaining a fair share of possession for at least the first 20 minutes, complete sets, build pressure, and focus on battering them.
Without ball, and under tackling pressure I think they will open right up the last 10-15 minutes of each half, and if we are not in front already, there will be points on hand.
I'd hate to take the chance of running all over the place opening up the field and tiring the forward from running around. Canberra could carve us up and put 18-0 on us in quick time.

Manly have to play their own game. Control the speed and the ruck. This team should build on the back of what is an excellent defense in a controlled environment and wait for opportunities as Canberra tire. I think the approach that will work is to control sets and pick and poke for opportunities in attack using the skill and set structures in the backline. We are not as fast as the Tigers so open field is not the go, but much more skilled to pry open defenses close to the line.

NYEagle

I've got to admit that I'm a real Tedesco fan. I don't follow many non-Manly players but this kid, like Tom Turbo, is pure excitement, plus tough. There are many good young fullbacks that will replace the current crop. Munster from Melbourne and Moylen from Penrith are two more.

Even though Willie is out, its good to see Josh Starling back in the starting side. I will admit to questioning his fitness when he came back from injury but he has been very strong in the past few weeks.

Horo enjoying the good times
Wayne Cousins

Wed 12th August, 04:42PM

Second-rower Justin Horo says the experience of playing sudden death footy now will benefit the Sea Eagles should they make it through to the second week of September.

The Sea Eagles have rocketed back into finals contention following superb wins over the Warriors, Brisbane and South Sydney over the past three weeks. Manly Warringah sit one win out of the top eight in ninth place heading into the vital clash against Canberra Raiders at GIO Stadium this Sunday.

Horo said there was no secret to the team’s turnaround in form after only winning six games previously.

“We were working really hard even when the results weren’t going our way. We all stuck together and now we are getting the results,’’ he said.

“It is pretty much do-or-die (now). If we do get to the finals it is going to put us in good stead. We need to win at least three out of our last four. It is going to be tough but if we continue to play like we have been, we are a big chance.”

Horo is enjoying the final few weeks of his time with his current team-mates after signing a two-year deal with Catalans Dragons from next year.

“There was a lot happening behind the scenes trying to sort it out, whether it be here or overseas. It is a weight lifted off my shoulders and now I can concentrate on footy in the next couple of weeks,’’ Horo said.

“It is going to be sad when I leave the boys, but I am looking forward to the opportunity

“As you get older, you realise (leaving) happens at every club and you learn to get on with it.

“There has been a lot of player movement (here) in the last couple of years. We have lost some senior players. It is just part of footy these days. There are a lot of change over between teams.

“I only have to look at my old club Parramatta and that was only three years ago. I think there are only 2-3 players left from that team. It happens at every club.”

I've got to admit that I'm a real Tedesco fan. I don't follow many non-Manly players but this kid, like Tom Turbo, is pure excitement, plus tough. There are many good young fullbacks that will replace the current crop. Munster from Melbourne and Moylen from Penrith are two more.
There are some great kids coming through: hard question.... would you swap any of the for Tom T?

I reckon all our players should do their pre-match warm-up wearing headgear, and practice 'head-butting' each other.
2V and Big Willie to front the media conference, both with headgear.
What a piss-take that would be.
Roy Masters would heartily approve of this training / warm up technique, only WITHOUT the headgear. So would Tommy R, John Donnelly, Les Boyd and the rest of the gang :rock:

Roy Masters would heartily approve of this training / warm up technique, only WITHOUT the headgear. So would Tommy R, John Donnelly, Les Boyd and the rest of the gang :rock:
Roy Masters can eat a hearty bag of dicks

His classism has financially crippled us and has made it so only manly fans have manly fans as offspring

We should sue him for defamation and have him arrested for speech becoming actions

Last edited:
Roy Masters.....is there any journalist who hates Manly as much as he does? If we did anything like the head-butting suggestion he'd be all over it like a rash.

Jealousy is a curse Mr Masters.

Roy Masters.....is there any journalist who hates Manly as much as he does? If we did anything like the head-butting suggestion he'd be all over it like a rash.

Jealousy is a curse Mr Masters.
He 'liked' Manly during the Superleague War. Since then, normal transmission has resumed. However I do believe he has a soft spot for Toovey.

His mum olga used to have a column in the manly daily and his dad
was the head master at Manly West when I was there. Pretty ironic considering how often he has bagged the silvertails over the years!

Forecast for snow in Canberra on Sunday. It'll be an icy end to our season. Raiders backs will run through our shivering defense. Faders by 12 season over:(

not sure where you get your forecasts from but time to change sites.

2-14 and Sunny for Sunday so about 4 degrees cooler than Sydney but without the showers

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6