GAME DAY - Manly v Penrith [Round 6,2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Funny thing is as I read the team list - even with all the missing in actions - it doesn't look like a bad side at all - yet we are being lapped.

I like Susan's thoughts on blooding youth......Does anyone know if Tom T was in our top 25 squad even though he was playing Holden Cup ?
I'm only asking this question because I'm curios as to how many juniors we are allowed to bring up each year.

Let's pick the same sht team and hope that something changes. Tooves is doing his career no favors with this line of thinking. Surely some fuking changes had to be made. He cannot be serious.

Panthers down on troops as well. We're a chance.
Fingers-Crossed.jpg

Tipped Saints to beat them and Raiders to win comfortably so couldn't possibly be on them at a GRAVEYARD for us like that joint. Comparing our team list to the opposition is irrelevant on a week to week basis. This team has quite a few individuals trying but as a collective they have no drive to play for the jersey or the coach. Until the team is selected on form and planning for the future we will lose every game we play. Injuries have a major effect but it is the way we are losing and not the actual loss that is concerning.

That lack of desire doesn't change because its a week later, it changes because leaders make it change. In a comp like this there are NO BAD TEAMS.I always have a chuckle when I hear we couldn't possibly be beaten by this team or that team.I heard that against the Eels, Saints and Raiders for a combined score of 83 to 32 We did have injuries but we started favourite in every game so on paper we must have looked ok to the bookies. If you are slightly off you WILL get beaten. Saints v Newcastle and Sharks v Roosters are classic examples.

Foran's selection is a disgrace and puts another nail in Tooveys already nailed coffin I'm afraid. Anyone who expects a change in attitude while he is in the 6 is deluding themselves. Joeys comments on the Footy show summed it up pretty well.

Panthers easily.
I missed the Footy Show, what did Joey say??

Let's pick the same sht team and hope that something changes. Tooves is doing his career no favors with this line of thinking. Surely some fuking changes had to be made. He cannot be serious.

He's resigned to his fate, either way he's ****ed.

Tooves should be picking all these injured guys shirking it like Matai and Lyon to help our defense out wide and Mateo to provide some spark. A bit bore grunt up front will help too so he should bring back last years starting props in Starling and BJ, they help get us to equal first after all.

And pull the Jersey on again and show the team some ticker.

I can't believe the team - not 1 change?

Let me get this farking right:

Laughing stock Sharks embarrassed Roosters, who Bitch-slapped Canberra (the wooden-spooners), who ran through us with farking ease.

Blair, Horo, even Symonds (as a starting 2nd-rower).

Foran should also be dropped.

I'm older than Toovey, so he's one of my alltime favourites.

I've defended him from day 1 but I'm sorry - I've now lost all respect for him as the head man. He should've made changes - nsw cup or from 20's.

I now see why the 25 NRL players, plus the 25 or so from 2nds can't look Toovey in the face any longer nor listen to a word he says.

He doesn't have the balls to farking demand and inspire committment & effort for yourself and your team mates, any longer.

Having said that, I am hoping Tooves is right and we compete or even win.

Last edited:
Tooves should be picking all these injured guys shirking it like Matai and Lyon to help our defense out wide and Mateo to provide some spark. A bit bore grunt up front will help too so he should bring back last years starting props in Starling and BJ, they help get us to equal first after all.

What he should be doing is dropping the 6.Make a statement about what wearing the jersey means.We all know injuries effect results to a huge degree.The fans are not dirty about the losses,they are dirty about the way they are losing and that won't change until players like Foran and Blair to name just a couple are made accountable.

Mauler and Killer.He basically said it was disgraceful and nobody was "willing to put their bodies on the line". Did not look like a happy camper at all.

What he should be doing is dropping the 6.Make a statement about what wearing the jersey means.We all know injuries effect results to a huge degree.The fans are not dirty about the losses,they are dirty about the way they are losing and that won't change until players like Foran and Blair to name just a couple are made accountable.
Agreed Susan. I don't understand why Foran hasn't been sent to reggies. He hasn't been bothered with Manly since August last year. Give other guys a crack that want to be there.

Well does anyone think this Saturday will be any different??

I expect to lose, but it's the manner in which we lose that will determine my mood on here after!

Is it so hard to expect a team to at least try??

It is one of only 2 options he has available, wolfman for Blair being the other.

Well does anyone think this Saturday will be any different??

I expect to lose, but it's the manner in which we lose that will determine my mood on here after!

Is it so hard to expect a team to at least try??
Mark you had big wraps on this reject from the cowboys Blake Leary . From what I have seen of him I now can understand why the Cowboys didnt have any room for him in their lethal forward pack line up . It was no surprise for me to see Leary selected to play in the second row along side another player that is not up to NRL standard Chee kam in the NSW cup this week.
Without faith we have no hope and I am tipping Manly to beat the Panthers because i have faith in Toovey that he can turn things around
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6