LiveBlog GAME DAY - Manly v Penrith Round 10, 2015 [1292332]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This will be very close
I say us by 8
Penrith will come to play and I believe you will see most injured players for them return bar Wallace

Super tough match.
2nd v 4th from last year, this year both clubs ravaged by injury but just starting to get players back. Must win for Manly.
I call ... MIGOTY

Look at the beaming smile on Brett's face as he high fives DCE (picture on first posting in the thread).

That picture says more than a thousand words. I call bs to any rumours of ongoing problems between them.

Look at the beaming smile on Brett's face as he high fives DCE (picture on first posting in the thread).

That picture says more than a thousand words. I call bs to any rumours of ongoing problems between them.
Arh but did he actually high five DCE ;) Maybe he did a sly one and pulled out at the last second!

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Here is how I would change that side:-

Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Steve Matai
4 Peta Hiku
5 Tom Trbojevic
6 Jamie Lyon
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Jake Trbojevic
9 Matt Ballin (c)
10 Luke Burgess
11 Blake Leary
12 Justin Horo
13 Tom Symonds

Interchange
14 Feleti Mateo
15 Willie Mason
16 Dunamis Lui
17 Ligi Sao

IF Tom isn't available, Wolfman, OR Mateo @ 5/8, Hodges onto the bench.

Here is how I would change that side:-

Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Steve Matai
4 Peta Hiku
5 Tom Trbojevic
6 Jamie Lyon
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Jake Trbojevic
9 Matt Ballin (c)
10 Luke Burgess
11 Blake Leary
12 Justin Horo
13 Tom Symonds

Interchange
14 Feleti Mateo
15 Willie Mason
16 Dunamis Lui
17 Ligi Sao

IF Tom isn't available, Wolfman, OR Mateo @ 5/8, Hodges onto the bench.
What about Starling?

• 14 May 2015
  • Manly Daily
  • Geoff Toovey
Primed to turn corner

PROOF IN THE PUDDING AGAINST PANTHERS
A QUICK glance around the sheds last Sunday afternoon at Brookvale Oval gave me the reaction I was craving.

The boys were obviously happy to get the win against Newcastle, but they don’t need to be told plenty of hard work still awaits.

One win certainly doesn’t make a season, it is all about momentum.

We are a club which is used to success.

To find ourselves last after nine rounds was not part of the plan.

I would like to think we have turned the corner after beating the Storm and the Knights, but the proof will be on Monday night.

Once again we are at the Fortress, which is great.

Penrith won’t be easybeats — they have already beaten us this year and have endured their own problems when it comes to consistency across 80 minutes. They were very unlucky to lose in the dying seconds against the Broncos last Friday night, and on their day can beat anyone. It promises to be a ripper. Hopefully we will do enough to win our fourth game of the season.

MAKING IMPRESSION

WHILE Brett Stewart and Daly Cherry-Evans received the majority of media attention last Sunday, what pleased me was how well Blake Leary and Jake Trbojevic played.

For a young bloke who is only 21, Trbojevic has been sensational in our engine room.

He has had to deal with plenty of pressure, after he was touted as a potential NRL star when still in high school.

He has since overcome a few serious injuries, and made the most of his opportunities the last few rounds, culminating in him winning our Players Player gong last weekend.

Leary was equally impressive for us.

He didn’t give an inch and gave his all in attack and defence against a quality pack.

I really like how he goes about his business.

He is ruthless and bleeds for the cause, which is why he has slotted in so well.

Leary deserves to keep his spot in our run-on side and I have no doubt he will excel against the Panthers.

PLENTY OF TALENT

WHERE do I even start with Penrith’s potential matchwinners?

Matthew Moylan is a star in the making and pivot Jamie Soward provides their guile in big moments.

Then you have hooker James Segeyaro, who is almost impossible to contain when he is on.

Matt Ballin will have his work cut out in the ruck, but he thrives on those sort of challenges.

With a bye to follow, a victory will leave the boys buzzing.

Like I keep stressing, after our poor start, it is all about taking baby steps. The topsy turvy nature of this competition means if you find some consistency and string a few wins together, a place in the top eight beckons.

We are a semi-final team every year, so being there when it matters is vital.

I reckon you'll find most of the Panthers players are back this week, but possibly not Wallace. My son in law is a Panthers fan (and member) and gets a weekly update each Wednesday after the teams are named on Tuesday, and he said Whare will be back , Segeyaro will be back BUT Wallace is still a few weeks away.

Segeyaro is the one to watch, a very dangerous player

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6