GAME DAY - Manly v Dogs [Round 7, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And yet another nail in the 2V coffin.

I'd say by the Brisbane game when we are 1/12 he will just fall on his sword.

Certainly the lowest ebb since the Northern Eagles days, all the club can do is an almost total clean out, start again and slowly build a dude over the next 5 years.

I'm not calling for 2V's head , but watching him in the box last night you could just see he's resigned to this happening week in week out.
Yeah, I agree I watched the press conference and there was nothing there in his words or body language that gave any hope .... Just an honest resignation in his voice that we are pretty much ****ed. Next week against Storm is going to be horrible.

He is terrible but he is not on his own there if Tom Symonds is a good player than I really think Manly are farked give some younger players a go MCK, Tyson Andrews or someone with more ability than what is out there. There is a reason the rorters got rid of him, I know everyone seems to love him on this forum but he is very average no breaks no big hits no impact at all. Anyway tomorrow is a new day goodnight all.
MCK and Tyson Andrews are just as bad feathered friend . Take time to watch a few NSW cup games and see for your self . Our recruitment of late is hopeless . Who ever goes to get some oranges for us brings us lemons

Yeah, I agree I watched the press conference and there was nothing there in his words or body language that gave any hope .... Just an honest resignation in his voice that we are pretty much ****ed. Next week against Storm is going to be horrible.

Certainly the lowest ebb since the Northern Eagles days, all the club can do is an almost total clean out, start again and slowly build a dude over the next 5 years.

I'm not calling for 2V's head , but watching him in the box last night you could just see he's resigned to this happening week in week out.
You were right again about this loss Mark and I hope we wont be 1/12 .
Which coach can do better than Toovey is now with this lot that he has to work with ?

Unfortunately its clear Toovey doesn't know how to fix our issues and im not talking about the injuries. Our defensive structures and attitude are really bad and i haven't seen any improvement since the later stages of last season. If Toovey does know how to fix it the players are not responding which is just as bad. There is not any coach on the open market that can do a better job either.

They can smell the blood in the water now, whilst the Storm are not at their peak I'd expect a massive score against us next week, 50 plus for sure!!

You were right again about this loss Mark and I hope we wont be 1/12 .
Which coach can do better than Toovey is now with this lot that he has to work with ?

I can assure you it gives me no pleasure to be right!!

Last night was one of the worst games of footy I have had to sit through in a long while. Apart from about a 10 minute period straight after half time there was no intensity from us at all. To make it worse there was zero atmosphere, place felt empty and it seemed like there was lucky to be 1000 Manly fans in the joint.

Things I learnt

* DCE tried hard, played on one leg for a fair chunk of the game but went to the line harder and more often than some of our forwards. Played on the unfamilliar LHS, but still looked the most likely to create something.
* I was one of those people that couldn't figure out why Wolfman was so far down the pecking order. After watching him last night now I know why...he's got nothing to offer anymore sad to say.
* I love Skivvi, but his defence this year has been abysmal. Must be injuries hampering him or something, but gee he is getting towelled up most weeks.
* Gavin Badger.....what can you say about some of the decisions he made last night ?? Useless performance but thankfully he didn't cost us the game.
* Hodges added something, which most of us have been calling for for a while now. Hopefully Tooves runs with it for a while so we can work out the best balance between he and Ballin.
* Killer didn't have one of his better games, and without Snake out there those second man plays just look so telegraphed and ineffectual.
* Our forwards just can't lift and find another gear when we need it. They mostly try hard but let's face it on current form they aren't going to put the frighteners on any other pack in the comp.
* Has our defence ever moved up with good line speed and been on the front foot at all this season ? Last night was another exhibition of flat footed sideways or backpedalling defence. Dogs seemed to manufacture overlaps at will, which tells me something is seriously wrong with our structure
* We showed no intensity, no urgency and very little commitment. Could have won that game last night, it was there for the taking as the Dogs were equally as pathetic as us. When we came out in the 2nd half had a dig and scored early to take the lead I thought we had switched on and would go on with it. When then just went back to sleep and threw it away.

I'm sorry I had to sit through that game to be honest.

MCK and Tyson Andrews are just as bad feathered friend . Take time to watch a few NSW cup games and see for your self . Our recruitment of late is hopeless . Who ever goes to get some oranges for us brings us lemons
Fair enough just not a Tom Symonds fan that's all.

I've sat through ( on TV) the last 3 games, and to be honest it hurts me to watch it.

I'm going to record the next game, watch it if we win, delete it if we lose.

Please don't suggest I'm a fair weather fan for doing that, but seeing a once great club slide from 1st on the ladder at the end of last year to losing most of the last 20 games is something I'm finding difficult to watch.

I've sat through ( on TV) the last 3 games, and to be honest it hurts me to watch it.

I'm going to record the next game, watch it if we win, delete it if we lose.

Please don't suggest I'm a fair weather fan for doing that, but seeing a once great club slide from 1st on the ladder at the end of last year to losing most of the last 20 games is something I'm finding difficult to watch.
You are being realistic Mark and any one that has seen your posts over the years would not question your love for our club .
We are at our lowest and our history shows we don't stay down for too long .
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!

You are being realistic Mark and any one that has seen your posts over the years would not question your love for our club .
We are at our lowest and our history shows we don't stay down for too long .
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!

Oh don't worry, we will be back and possibly we will be better in the second half of the year.

But currently I think I'll record and decide later.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8