GAME DAY - Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Yeah I know it's early but with the garbage the Windies are putting up in the cricket, Serena catching a cab in a fun run and Parkinson sitting on his butt waiting for a wave, it's all a bit boring, so the first weekend of March cannot come around quick enough.

Interesting to see that the Bulldogs hold an 8-6 win record over us at Brookvale and a 17-11 win record overall since 1998. I would not have suspected that.

Early betting suggests Manly $1.70 and Bulldogs $2.15.

So a nice steamy night at Brookvale to start the season with basically a new team against Dassler, Hoppa and the big Boppas. It will be a good test to see how the forwards stand up against the biggest pack in the NRL.

I reckon a full house, if the weather’s good and Manly by 18. First try scorer Jorge; 16-2 Manly at half time (Jorge, Turbo and Snake tries with Killer just missing a difficult one from out wide) and finishing 28 - 10 (second half tries to Parcell and Turbo).

Fanning to win his 4th World Title :clapping::surfer::handok:

images

Manly to go through undefeated or we throw our plastic coins away >:)

Last edited:
We need to improve our recent record over the filth dogs. Losing the last 4 has been extremely painful as in all four games we had a chance to win them. Would be so nice to knock them over with a field goal at the death as they always seem to get the rub of the green in tight games.

We need to improve our recent record over the filth dogs. Losing the last 4 has been extremely painful as in all four games we had a chance to win them. Would be so nice to knock them over with a field goal at the death as they always seem to get the rub of the green in tight games.
Yep or a dodgy penalty to win it on the siren.

Yeah I know it's early but with the garbage the Windies are putting up in the cricket, Serena catching a cab in a fun run and Parkinson sitting on his butt waiting for a wave, it's all a bit boring, so the first weekend of March cannot come around quick enough.

The BBL starts tomorrow night, hopefully the Sixers can get the title.

So a nice steamy night at Brookvale to start the season

If we sort out all the politics with Warringah Council.

Completely agree, except for the last bit about a field goal at the death. I'd prefer to smash them by 50. Can't see it happening but it's nice to dream.

The big dog forwards will be out to prove themselves against our new pack.
Dogs are slow starters to the season usually though so we should be favourites.

Whats our side going to look like ?

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Dylan Walker
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Marty Taupau
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Lewis Brown

14. Nate Myles
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Blake Leary / Api Koroisou

I see 0 weak links in that armour.

* Buhrer to return (round 2/3) , with Brown going back to the bench.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Dylan Walker
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Marty Taupau
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Lewis Brown

14. Nate Myles
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Blake Leary / Api Koroisou

I see 0 weak links in that armour.

* Buhrer to return (round 2/3) , with Brown going back to the bench.
Pretty close Ryan but I don't think Symonds will start over Myles and nor should he.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Dylan Walker
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Nate Myles
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Lewis Brown