Game day chat thread MANLY SEA EAGLES v slimeys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The 2 props look pretty promising for us.  Whilst Hopoate has been good I still dont think he is quite ready for NRL.  Whare looks pretty good, good footwork and seems pretty strong in attack.  Need to watch his defence and see how that goes. 

Manly 10 - Eels 0...

12/13 completions for manly. Defense in this first half is the same as last weeks first half.

Manly are converting opp 22 ball in points.

Good combination of Hodkinson and Foran. Two different types of players that compliment each other. I like Hodko attacking the line, the opposition just don't know what they are going to do. Lyon is comfortable at centre and there is no doubt about that.

We look good. One mistake so far and we look hungry unlike last year. Great stuff. Don't expect too much from Hodkinson and the younger players but we've got enough playmakers to make up for it.

After 1 and a half games this season i am stoked to say that Kite is back... Putting on some good hits, especially one of moimoi that made him drop the ball.

Nate link said:
After 1 and a half games this season i am stoked to say that Kite is back... Putting on some good hits, especially one of moimoi that made him drop the ball.

He's been great this year. Last year he didn't look like he had his mind on the job but he's come out all guns blazing this year.

Half Time - 14-0.

Farrah looks like the best replacement for Snake at full back.

The forwards are doing there job. Hopefully they can keep it up in the second half. The backs look settled. Lyon is flourishing in the Centres and the defense of Foran and Hodko has been awesome.

For mine the only down side is in that last 5 mins we gave away 3-4 penalties and put ourselves under unnecessary pressure. If we do that in the second half we will lose exactly the same way we did to the tigers last week.

Foran basically playing halfback with Hodko providing an occassional 1st receiver option. Lyon going well as usual. Farrer at fullback looks a lot better than Robbo already, he is sniffing around the ruck nicely

Good start let's hope we can stay awake for the whole second 40 minutes and not let this one slip.

I love when the parra sooks are giving Lyon crap while he lines up the kick then it sails right over the black dot.

Would be great to see big Joe call for the ball from his former team mates in the second and go in for a 4 pointer LOL

Chip & Chase link said:
Foran basically playing halfback with Hodko providing an occassional 1st receiver option. Lyon going well as usual. Farrer at fullback looks a lot better than Robbo already, he is sniffing around the ruck nicely

Good start let's hope we can stay awake for the whole second 40 minutes and not let this one slip.

Hopefully we can score again early and kill the game. It's a hot day and fitness is always a question this early in the season.
Our error rate has been great though. The team looks really polished out there for this early in the season and with the changes from last week. Hodkinson has basically flown down from filthy Queensland and straight into the side.

Des happy with the boys at half time. Telling them that they have made 36 more tackles. To keep up the intensity.

Anderson, well what else can he say?! except that they have to focus, keep control of the ball and convert into points.

Matt Cross over the line..

Hodko kicks, comes off manner,Cross picks it up and jumps over the Line... This should be a try!..

Try 20-0 unless lyon stuffs the kick. Creative kick from Hodko away from his support.

Players on debut for manly are doing well.

Gualavo, Hodko and Cross... G and C are looking good hitting the ball up.

Knock on Parra, Manly get the ball again in the opp 22... looking to put this game to bed.

I have to save that playing this game so early in the day is killing the intensity of the game.

Knock on Cross.

As i was saying there should be two games on a sunday, maybe more, but both played at 3pm. 1 for Nine, 1 for Fox. How hard is that?

Mistakes and Penalties are going to let PArra back into this game and Manly are obliging for both.

Wait for it... Try or will manly hold them out.... Good defense... ANOTHER PENALTY!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6