GAME DAY - Auckland Nines 2016 February 6 -7

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Are people honestly ripping players over one game of nines that we won? Tough markers, jesus.

Goodall tried to get involved every chance, and Ramien had little possession and game time.

I thought defensively, we looked like the best team so far, not that that means much.
Definitely looked like defense has been worked on. I think being fitter helps, can scramble and cover the ruck easier

Definitely looked like defense has been worked on. I think being fitter helps, can scramble and cover the ruck easier

Also thought we looked really even keeled. No desperation crap. Just cool, calm and collected. Really impressed with that, even if we lost.

I'm glad Tom Turbo will be out on the wing where it will be catch and run and not too many cut outs...

Oh and I only listened on the radio who were calling it easily the best match so far in terms of overall quality
It sounded like a great game on the radio. Gasnier said it was the best game of 9's he'd ever seen.

Anyone know when we play next?
2016 Auckland Nines match schedule

Day 1
Time (AEDT) Match Pool
10:30 AM Roosters vs Rabbitohs Blue
10:55 AM Eels vs Storm Blue
11:20 AM Knights vs Cowboys Green
11:45 AM Panthers vs Tigers Green
12:20 PM Warriors vs Bulldogs Yellow
12:45 PM Sea Eagles vs Broncos Yellow
1:10 PM Dragons vs Raiders Red
1:35 PM Sharks vs Titans Red
2:25 PM Roosters vs Eels Blue
2:50 PM Rabbitohs vs Storm Blue
3:15 PM Knights vs Panthers Green
3:40 PM Cowboys vs Tigers Green
4:15 PM Warriors vs Sea Eagles Yellow
4:40 PM Bulldogs vs Broncos Yellow
5:05 PM Dragons vs Sharks Red
5:30 PM Raiders vs Titans Red

I can tell you guys who didn't see it one thing, Lawrence looks fit and angry.....as for best 9,s game ever.... No, just touch footy... Apart from Tom, potato who still looks like he has a pillow up his jumper and parcell, we don't have much, still haven't seen moltzen... But we will need more points

Last edited:
The scramble defence was great and all of our players looked fit and keen. Mateo looked trimmer today than at any time last season.
For some reason I always feel our nines game plan never differs much from a 13 man game plan. The broncos brought a real good side over and even if we had lost I liked what I saw from our boys.
Did anybody else get really excited when Lawrence was driving the legs near the goal line? No back problems any more.

I can tell you guys who didn't see it one thing, Lawrence looks fit and angry.....
Yeah good on him. If you're told you're not in contention, you're can either sook and fade away, or fight.

Also - congrats to the new staff on getting their first win

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8