• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The Indian

Bencher
Lachie Galvin asking for a release.... he meets our two main recruitment criteria...he's a Tiger and he's managed by our good friend Mr Moses.

Kids a topliner in the making IMO... no doubt he'll end up a Rooster... but surely with all the groundwork we've done in that area they owe us one....

Just sayin.....

There'd be less outrage about this one than some previous ones LOL

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Lachie Galvin asking for a release.... he meets our two main recruitment criteria...he's a Tiger and he's managed by our good friend Mr Moses.

Kids a topliner in the making IMO... no doubt he'll end up a Rooster... but surely with all the groundwork we've done in that area they owe us one....

Just sayin.....

You know Penrith and the Roosters are interested…

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He is contracted to the Tigers.

They wont and shouldnt release him.

Brandon Smith anyone?

Not for me, he isnt and upgrade on Croker imo.
Cheese I wouldn’t say no to if the Rorters were carrying significant freight, I think he is more valuable as a 13 then a nine.

If you got him for 500K would be worth a season, though the senior players that have high integrity would need to support him outside of football.

XV-1

First Grader

Just sayin.....

Do we get rid of Brooks?

madmax

Bencher
T

Just sayin.....

There was an article earlier this year that Manly were seriously after him!!!

The Mole: Sea Eagles eyeing off Tigers 'wonder boy' as potential Daly Cherry-Evans successor

The Mole
December 27, 2023 - 7.04am

Manly is starting to think about life after Daly Cherry-Evans - and a player high on the wish list is Tigers wonder boy Lachlan Galvin.
DCE played as well as ever in 2023 and still has two years left on his contract at Manly.
But by the time he has completed his 14th and 15th seasons with the club, he will be 36 years old and likely to hang up his boots.

Galvin, 18, is regarded as the premier young halfback talent in the game and will join the Tigers' top-30 squad next season with a view to being blooded in the NRL late in the year.

The Tigers have a high opinion of the Australian Schoolboys rep but also have an abundance of playmakers in their ranks - they have signed Jarome Luai, Jayden Sullivan, Aidan Sezer and Latu Fainu in recent months and also have Adam Doueihi in their ranks.

Having so many playmakers on good money in their squad leads to an unbalanced salary cap and at least one or two will have to go in coming seasons.
Galvin is managed by Isaac Moses - who also happens to handle Manly coach Anthony Seibold - greatly boosting the Sea Eagles' hopes of getting Galvin on board.
No formal talks have been held - but watch this space.

Last edited:

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Is it just me who thinks Galvin looks ok but no more than that? He seems to be gaining a reputation as a cross between Jesus Christ and Andrew Johns and after watching him closely I can't figure out why. Maybe it's just me
I think the same about Talagi at the Eels. It’s just the media machine, always looking for the next big thing. It sells.

The reality is both guys look like decent prospects but every year there’s a smattering of good prospects. It’s not that exciting, it’s just youth coming through systems.

Galvin will keep growing, has a good fend and a reasonable passing game. He is not an explosive athlete though. I see John Sutton. Tall, rangy, skilful; no Nathan Cleary or Andrew Johns here.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He won't play 6 as he bulks out, unless his dkhead manager can hold a club to ransom to do so.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I see him a future lock forward and a very good 1.....but with the lopsided contracts at Manly, very hard to do anything more than play Moneyball and hope.

47MVEagle

Bencher
I don't want anyone who spits the dummy & wants to break their contract because their team is on a losing streak.

I'd rather someone who has shown resilience & not given up on their club while on a losing streak (e.g. Luke Brooks).

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
We'd have some space.

The Shuster money at a minimum
I also feel ppl are way off with DCE as he is now in the "long service" category at Manly and also the salary cap has also had a boost....apart from a few upgrades you maybe right, but still dont feel we would get any player the Roosters or Penrith wanted.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I also feel ppl are way off with DCE as he is now in the "long service" category at Manly and also the salary cap has also had a boost....apart from a few upgrades you maybe right, but still dont feel we would get any player the Roosters or Penrith wanted.

Hmmmmm....it's almost like success breeds success.

Yet we sit here doing the same unsuccessful things for over a decade.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16