Galuvao does a no show at signing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No more old blokes.

As I always say, local juniors & young blokes that the club has developed is the only way to remain sustainable at the top of a comp with a salary cap. Signing mediocre old blokes with money that could be keeping the likes of Cuthbo, Hargreaves & Foran at the club is bloody stupidity.

Duff link said:
No more old blokes.

As I always say, local juniors & young blokes that the club has developed is the only way to remain sustainable at the top of a comp with a salary cap. Signing mediocre old blokes with money that could be keeping the likes of Cuthbo, Hargreaves & Foran at the club is bloody stupidity.

Spot on Duff, signing Ben Kennedy was ridiculous.....

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=181217.msg234270#msg234270 date=1249001087]
No more old blokes.

Spot on Duff, signing Ben Kennedy was ridiculous.....
[/quote]

That was a rebuilding phase. It was goood for then but would indeed be ridiculous now.

I like your sarcasism Clon but you cannot compare Galuvao to BK.  Additionally the team is at a different point in our 'life cycle' now

You always need old heads in the team.  Need to have the correct balance between youth and experience.  If Crusher and Des think we need some older heads then I have no issue.  They know more than us, although you would sometimes think that is not the case. 

If they run it right from here, the old blokes will be players that have been at the club for ten years, not someone we have to buy.

missing_something link said:
I was doing the castle hill to Manly commute each day for work, I loved the job but chucked it in within a month and half as it was taking me up to 4 hours to do the commute each day.

I can see why he's hesitant about it.

2 hours each way hardly! I work in Castle Hill and two guys live in Curl Curl and it takes them 1 hour 15 tops...

Do we know this is the actual reason? The time for him thinking about the travelling issue was before he said yes to the negotiations.

There are other options he could consider if this is the reason for baulking ie rent in Dee Why move the family with him etc I'm sure his "creative" manager could cough up some plan Bs

Don't sign the stupid old cash hungry grub.  He won't be any good anyway.  He's putting his eggs into the eels basket so fark him.  Put the cash into our younger hungrier guys.  Go Manly. 

CliffyIsGod link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=181217.msg234268#msg234268 date=1249000104]
I was doing the castle hill to Manly commute each day for work, I loved the job but chucked it in within a month and half as it was taking me up to 4 hours to do the commute each day.

I can see why he's hesitant about it.

2 hours each way hardly! I work in Castle Hill and two guys live in Curl Curl and it takes them 1 hour 15 tops...
[/quote]

mate I said up to 2hrs and on a daily average it was taking 1.5 each way - either way F**k that if there’s another option.

Don't quite see how the "cash hungry grub" label sticks if he prefers accepting less to stay at Parra or not play at all.

One door closes, another opens. Its all good.

Not too worried whichever way it goes personally

1 once worked with a girl who chucked the job in because the 20min drive to work was too much haha

He has an hour to sign - good riddance IMO.  Give the money to Foran, Lussick or whoever

Im in the stuff him camp.

A professional sportsman that doesnt turn up to a contractual meeting is unprofessional. We dont want unprofessionals in our roster.

Keeping Foran is vastly more important.

swoop link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181217.msg234256#msg234256 date=1248997205]
[quote author=swoop link=topic=181217.msg234254#msg234254 date=1248997005]
Poor old Joe, who portrays himself as a good honest christian, but looks like a money hungry grub. He's been on a 350k contract for the past few seasons when he was at souths and prepared to play for their feeder club because he couldn't crack 1st grade. Now he's baulking at the Manly contract because he has to travel to Manly from the west or stay at crusher's place. All too hard for Joe and with that attitude I hope he stays at the Eels.

Let's look for a younger replacement who would be happy to play for 125k per season.

You cant fault a guy for putting his family first
[/quote]

I get sick of this stuff Dan, how many posters here earn over 100k per year? I don't blame players for going for the best deal but if they don't put in after signing the contract then I have my reservations.

As you said let's pull the contract off the table as I believe Joe hasn't got the right attitude to put on a Manly jumper.

BTW Dan if he was putting his family first why is he baulking at it. He'll probably be offered less to stay at the Eels.
[/quote]

If he loses say 25k it would be worth it, its going to cost him  crap load to uproot his faliy, and if he doesnt he doesnt spend as much time with them

I am not saying that he has done the right thing, but we can not on the one hand congratulate Lyon for being a family man and criticize someone else for doing the same

Wait and see what his final decision is. If he comes on board - welcome.

If he chooses to stay with the Slime, see you later and don't let the door hit you on the way out!!!!

Dan link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=181217.msg234258#msg234258 date=1248997976]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181217.msg234256#msg234256 date=1248997205]
[quote author=swoop link=topic=181217.msg234254#msg234254 date=1248997005]
Poor old Joe, who portrays himself as a good honest christian, but looks like a money hungry grub. He's been on a 350k contract for the past few seasons when he was at souths and prepared to play for their feeder club because he couldn't crack 1st grade. Now he's baulking at the Manly contract because he has to travel to Manly from the west or stay at crusher's place. All too hard for Joe and with that attitude I hope he stays at the Eels.

Let's look for a younger replacement who would be happy to play for 125k per season.

You cant fault a guy for putting his family first
[/quote]

I get sick of this stuff Dan, how many posters here earn over 100k per year? I don't blame players for going for the best deal but if they don't put in after signing the contract then I have my reservations.

As you said let's pull the contract off the table as I believe Joe hasn't got the right attitude to put on a Manly jumper.

BTW Dan if he was putting his family first why is he baulking at it. He'll probably be offered less to stay at the Eels.
[/quote]

If he loses say 25k it would be worth it, its going to cost him  crap load to uproot his faliy, and if he doesnt he doesnt spend as much time with them

I am not saying that he has done the right thing, but we can not on the one hand congratulate Lyon for being a family man and criticize someone else for doing the same
[/quote]

Well, if his has a problem tell the club. As far as I know he didn't show for the signing or let the club know. If that's true then faaark  him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6