Gallop stands down as ARLC boss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So he would have got a great payout because of that new 4 year deal in Jan but this had to happen to have a new start under the IC, he was and always will be known as a News Ltd stooge who has finally departed the RL world about 5 years too late!!!

I wonder if the tool will release a tell all book on his glittering career as NRL CEO.
This is an awesome day for Rugby League. In my opinion it's on par with the day the storm lost all their points and had their premierships stripped and the day the Bulldogs lost their points. Not as good as 40-0 though. ;)

League unlimited on Twitter has asked for ppl to give him a rating out of 10 and there are ppl giving him 8, 9, 9.5

RE: David Gallop.....gorne!!

Chip and Chase said:
Someone please put Bazeagle on suicide watch.

Good riddance to the muppet
Stupid disrespectful post Chip & Chase both to me and Gallop.
Gallop did a good job in pretty difficult circumstances and it's good to acknowledge that. Be interesting to see who gets the gig.
However, officially and from me: you can go and get stuffed.

Funny how they are making it out like he departed on his own decision, no way that happened and especially with new TV deal in the the works. He was most definitely pushed!!! And with good reason!!!

Lost for words to explain how I feel about this. There's words I could use but I don't want a holiday.

Lets think of possibilities. I can't really think of anyone not involved that would do a great job.

I would personally love to see someone like Gary Hetherington come to Australia and take of the NRL. He's done amazing things for the Rhinos. Nice guy too.

@adampeacock3 BREAKING: Just seen on Pittwater Rd Narrabeen, two brothers - one skinnier than the other - doing horsey celebration impersonations.

On SMH poll results on how Gallop did his job at the moment are following :

23% fantastic
41% good
16% average
9 % Poor
11% Appalling

Where do I apply for the position? I'd be much better than 'The Undertaker', in most most modest opinion!
A great day for rugby league.

Mark from Brisbane said:
On Twitter it's been said "couldn't work with the new boss John Grant"

Gallop was always going to depart early. His position was always untenable. I particularly like how that is expressed by Grant as quoted in the tele article:

"David understands the need for a fresh approach. Taking this into account and with the interests of the game at heart, the Board and David have reached an agreement that the game needs a different style of leadership detached from the past for the next stage of its development,” Mr Grant said.

The ARLC was formed knowing it was only a matter of time before severing the tie. And News made sure their puppet boy got his golden parachute for a job well done on their behalf.

On hearing the great news the Reserve Bank celebrated by cutting official interest rates! Everybody's happy about Gallop leaving.

I'd like to thank Gallop for holding on. Imagine if he quit 18 months ago, we might have been stuck with Michael Serle!

Hopefully they get the right person for the job because since Arko, its been nothing but stinkers.

Gallop was an enigma. Every time i'd see the bloke on tv i'd get bloody hungry. Then after staring at him for a while, i'd feel sick and lose my appetite.

On an official basis I work with another NRL Club, and I was discussing Gallop with their General Manager the other day, and whilst he wasn't too free with his information he did make some interesting comments.

One of which was " at a recent function, held prior to a big game (and my assumption is this may have been SOO 1 in Melbourne) he was the official guest speaker, but once the game was under way he sat by himself, in a corner with not a person going near him for a complete half of football", in essence no one wanted a bar of him after he had said his piece. And the assumption was that this was a "high power" group of people, so it seems not only Manly fans disliked him!!

Personally I hate the prick over the Brett affair, and am happy he's gone but I can see how some people would rate him.

I meet him face to face once (pre the Brett issue otherwise I would have told him to **** off) and the word "aloof" springs to mind.

Close the door on the way out David and enjoy your handsome payout!!

It's early rumours, but some people are saying he resigned because he got a very nice offer to go to the A-League.

Bourbon beckie has told 2ue that gallop was told to clear his desk and be out by cob today

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8