Gallen replaced by M Minichello

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The way I look at it, what if there is an over abundance of players in a certain position for a certain side. Say City have 2 quality halfbacks and country's half back is crap, then one of the top 2 halves misses out. Just doesnt seem right.

I see your point but there is some sort of tradition to think about and where do we stop?

Qld have a pile of fullbacks and a few good halves do NSW take them so they can push their cause for Australia? No

But Garts I think you and most people would agree, I know most of the players think this way, that SOO has more meaning to them than playing against the Kiwis or the Poms.

For mine, SOO is the elite level of our sport.

I agree but having a possible v probables game is something that should not be considered. Players play NRL each week and should be judged on how they play there, they dont need a special game to push their cause.

City V Country is about the tradition and gets the game out to people in regional centres. Of course there will be a few nuffies in the side due to lack of depth but thats the way it goes.

I agree but having a possible v probables game is something that should not be considered. Players play NRL each week and should be judged on how they play there, they dont need a special game to push their cause.

City V Country is about the tradition and gets the game out to people in regional centres. Of course there will be a few nuffies in the side due to lack of depth but thats the way it goes.

Yeah thats true. Why then do we need the City v Country game. I know you stated there is tradition, but one game isnt really getting the game out to the people in regional centres.

And dont get me wrong, I will still be watching the game tomorrow night with interest. As far as im concerned, any game of league is a good game. But im just wondering if City v Country is really necessary or is there something else the league could be doing.

I am sure they could so something which would provide greater benefit to the game as whole but I think the players would enjoy it and gives guys the chance to play rep footy and getting a rep game out in the regional areas would do good things for junior interest I would imagine, just needs plans to capitalise on the interest which is generated.

City, Country might be tradition but the game is labeled as a precursor to Origin and the NSW team selection. Why else would Australian players be omitted from taking part?

It's to gauge the current crop of non-internationals to see who will make the cut.

Because they continue to mix Country and City with Origin selection they continue to cut a large chunk of players out of the equation. At least as far as seeing how they go in a higher pressure environment.

I understand why the NRL want to continue with the City v Country game but I just think they go the wrong way about it. The interest in it had deteriorated in recent years to the point now where it is just a selection trial and if that is the case, they should pick the best possible players in contention for each position and try get it as close to city v country as possible. It make sense and no one cares about the city v country rivalry anymore so I don't think anyone is going to kick up a stink about a city player playing for country and vice versa- I really doesn't matter- most people watching the game just want to see a good game of footy.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6