Future Manly Captain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bob dylan said:
dogs12 said:
Lol, doubt that. Hodkinson will stay i reckon especially with Des. Plus roosters have pearce.

I take it you are not aware of Pearce's movements in 2014 either, north bound.

Remember where you heard it first.

again highly doubt it, pearce is loved at the cocks.

the mauler said:
I rekon the way Choc has stepped up at the back end of the season and since the Desgate saga, he deserves a shot at the captaincy.

I know it will never happen, but I can see parallels with Gallen and Choc. I could see Choc lifting to another level as Gallen has since taking over captaincy at the Sharks.

I for one would love to see it tho. Choc rocks!

Gallen became captain at the sharkies basically because he was last man standing- off the top of my head, there wasn't any one else with his experience left at the club when he was made captain. We on the hand have a few viable alternatives. Whilst I wouldn't be distraught if the "army of one" was made (c), I see him as more of a "team leader", along the lines of what Sir Beaver (GMPOAT) was towards his final few years with us.

dogs12 said:
bob dylan said:
dogs12 said:
Lol, doubt that. Hodkinson will stay i reckon especially with Des. Plus roosters have pearce.

Think about your last sentence and recent events.

I have been very tolerant of you Dog fans here, even polite. But you my friend are starting to annoy me, questioning my info. I posted on this very site in June/July Hopoate was an Eel, my info comes from deep within a player managers office.

Vyssini said:
the mauler said:
I rekon the way Choc has stepped up at the back end of the season and since the Desgate saga, he deserves a shot at the captaincy.

I know it will never happen, but I can see parallels with Gallen and Choc. I could see Choc lifting to another level as Gallen has since taking over captaincy at the Sharks.

I for one would love to see it tho. Choc rocks!

Gallen became captain at the sharkies basically because he was last man standing- off the top of my head, there wasn't any one else with his experience left at the club when he was made captain. We on the hand have a few viable alternatives. Whilst I wouldn't be distraught if the "army of one" was made (c), I see him as more of a "team leader", along the lines of what Sir Beaver (GMPOAT) was towards his final few years with us.

Just to offer something to the acctually topic for you guys as an outsider, i would be looking at Choc or Ballin.

Choc seems loyal to manly, and like i'm hoping it does with Ennis it should settle down the brain snaps and odd silly penalty.

Ballin seems loyal to manly also and while he isn't a superstar so to speak he is sure reliable and will not let you down.

The Stewart boys have some pretty big decisions to make before i'd look at them, bretts been injury proned and getting on? I wouldn't be suprised if they picked up and left at the first chance now Des is gone either from what i hear Brett is dirty as.

Dce is to young and is yet to prove he can do it year after year though if he can he is for sure your captain in the future.

bob dylan said:
dogs12 said:
bob dylan said:
dogs12 said:

Think about your last sentence and recent events.

I have been very tolerant of you Dog fans here, even polite. But you my friend are starting to annoy me, questioning my info. I posted on this very site in June/July Hopoate was an Eel, my info comes from deep within a player managers office.

Yeh i hear what your saying mate, although i didn't know about your hoppa info i dont think i've been here since then. though i knew hoppa was talking to eels, dogs way back then. I heard eels threw mega bucks at him.

However as i said i just dont see Hodkinson going from the Dogs especially now des is there and i expect him to become a good solid half for us and i think the dogs will match whatever to keep him.

Roosters lose pearce i'd be shocked but as you said roosters are a shambles really, i'm sure they would land someone. Rugby league is to hard to know whos where for 2012 not to mention what happens by 2014. Toovs might want out end up at roosters and take dce. Des might want out and take hodkinson to broncos who knows!

dogs12 said:
The Stewart boys have some pretty big decisions to make before i'd look at them, bretts been injury proned and getting on?

The last time I reply to you.

Brett be getting on is he???

Glenn is older.

Now back to the Kennel.

bob dylan said:
dogs12 said:
The Stewart boys have some pretty big decisions to make before i'd look at them, bretts been injury proned and getting on?

The last time I reply to you.

Brett be getting on is he???

Glenn is older.

Now back to the Kennel.

Why take offense, is brett not injury proned? And did i recommend Glenn?

I recommended watmough and ballin, with all the brett wanting out and glenn to follow i dont see why you would throw him as a captain option when blokes like choc and ballin are both seeming very loyal and just as good if not better captain options. The whole throw him the captaincy in hope he stays is a horrible option.

dogs12 said:
However as i said i just dont see Hodkinson going from the Dogs especially now des is there and i expect him to become a good solid half for us and i think the dogs will match whatever to keep him.

Well I will make this the last reply, I feel I am taking a bait.

Hodkinson is at the Dogs because Des didnt think he was worth anywhere near the money the Dogs offered.

He may be off to the Roosters because he is not comfortable playing under a bloke that didnt want him at Manly.

Simple hey.

bob dylan said:
dogs12 said:

Hodkinson is at the Dogs because Des didnt think he was worth anywhere near the money the Dogs offered.

He may be off to the Roosters because he is not comfortable playing under a bloke that didnt want him at Manly.

Simple hey.

Wasn't that Des didn't want him, it was that manly couldn't afford to match what the dogs threw. Simple as that.

Not taking any bait, i'm not here for biased crap i'm here for real talk.

Noticed you didn't respond to the rest about your dig about the stewart brothers. Nice.

bob dylan said:
Gee it would be strange having Foran as Manly captain while he plays with the Dogs.

I guess that will work OK twice a year.

I sincerely hope you're wrong- you have successfully spoilt my morning.

The NRL and / or new Dependent Commission should look at this whole sorry mess of players signing in advance of the end of their existing contracts. I know all the arguments in favour of the current system, but as a fan, it sucks if you know one of your players is leaving- big difference to "suspecting or fearing" that a player might leave. I didn't like it last year with Hodgko and I will not like it again in future. If it means that they (players, coaches, and agents) have to do deals on the sly and then magically announce them on October 1 (or the first working day after the grand final), then so be it- it's not as if they aren't doing sly deals at the moment.

dogs12 said:
bob dylan said:
dogs12 said:

Simple hey.

Wasn't that Des didn't want him, it was that manly couldn't afford to match what the dogs threw. Simple as that.

Noticed you didn't respond to the rest about your dig about the stewart brothers. Nice.

Your kidding aren't you. Manly had DCE playing in QLD cup so why pay overs for Hodkinson? They knew they had someone just as good, and as it turns out infinitely better, waiting in the wings. He's even earned a Roos jumper in his first season. Hodkinson who? I also feel that DCE is more valuable to our team than Foran is. I'd love to keep both but DCE would have to be the priority.

Gorgeous George said:
dogs12 said:
bob dylan said:
dogs12 said:

Simple hey.

Your kidding aren't you. Manly had DCE playing in QLD cup so why pay overs for Hodkinson? They knew they had someone just as good, and as it turns out infinitely better, waiting in the wings. He's even earned a Roos jumper in his first season. Hodkinson who? I also feel that DCE is more valuable to our team than Foran is. I'd love to keep both but DCE would have to be the priority.

my case supported

As always for me, too many pages to read, but simply in response to original topic it would have to be Matt Ballin for mine.

Bob and dogs12, I hope that you don't turn this thread into another ****fight that leads to another closed or deleted thread.

Bob, if you think that dogs12 is just trolling then ignore him/her. They'll soon get sick of having a one-sided conversation and wander back to the kennel due to boredom.

dogs12 said:
Ceagle said:
dogs12 said:
bob dylan said:
Gee it would be strange having Foran as Manly captain while he plays with the Dogs.

Sound pretty sure that Forans on his way to dogs mate?

I got a few friends that hear alot of "rumours" and they sound pretty similar. Apperently keating being shopped round but at same time off contract next year, and the thing's ive seen foran say don't sound to much like he is staying.

Got any reason you seem so sure?

Also guys, not here to stir the pot. I enjoy and love me footy but remember its a game and its a club you support nothing any of you do or any dog fan does changes what our clubs do, so please no chilidish crap.
lol, you probably had a heart attack when you saw that comment and signed up straight away to question him about it.

Not really mate, i like Foran and think he will complete the dogs squad. In saying that, i'm not surprised to hear he will follow Des, when it all came out i expected 1-2 manly players would follow Des. Pretty common now days with a quality coach to have 1-2 players follow him. Dogs are clearing cap with Millington and few others going past week and shredded alot of average players along with losing 2 big names in Idris and Ryan. Added little bar Graham and some kids.

I'd like to see him but its pretty clear Maloney will be heading back to Sydney too so if he didnt im sure we could have a did at him, in saying that Des seems to make halves better so you never know whats in the back of his head.

I just thought i'd join up as i been looking here now and then, you lot seem to know about what happens at manly pretty quick so i thought i'd ask.

Anyone with any imput?

There are posters here that do know what is going on in regards to the extension of both Foz and DCE contracts, however I can assure you that the only way you will find out is when it is an official release from the club. I would think that any dog supporter would the last to be let in on what is going on.

If you have actual evidence of Foz signing to the dogs you would be here boasting about it but you have are furphies and rumours from people who like to start Chinese Whispers.

Dont take this personally but we have heard the same old story from so many Bulldog supporters who come here pretending to be Mother Theresa and eventually show their true colours.

I have a long term plan to become the third captain. Lyon and King on the field in control of those guys. I will be on the bench and in charge of those four and the trainers. It's innovative and i think will add to our game 10 fold. Anyone got Toovey's e-mail or mobile number??

Failing that, i'd like to be considered for a moderator role on this site. I'd go through about 4 keyboards a week due to the delete buttons wearing out. :)

dogs12 said:
Gorgeous George said:
dogs12 said:
bob dylan said:
dogs12 said:

Simple hey.

my case supported

WTF, I didn't know you had a case to start with. If you think Hodkinson is better than DCE then I suspect you're part of the administration at the Bulldogs. This would also explain the success the Bulldogs have had in recent seasons.

Earnie the Eagle said:
dogs12 said:
Ceagle said:
dogs12 said:
bob dylan said:

Sound pretty sure that Forans on his way to dogs mate?

I got a few friends that hear alot of "rumours" and they sound pretty similar. Apperently keating being shopped round but at same time off contract next year, and the thing's ive seen foran say don't sound to much like he is staying.

Got any reason you seem so sure?

Also guys, not here to stir the pot. I enjoy and love me footy but remember its a game and its a club you support nothing any of you do or any dog fan does changes what our clubs do, so please no chilidish crap.
lol, you probably had a heart attack when you saw that comment and signed up straight away to question him about it.

Not really mate, i like Foran and think he will complete the dogs squad. In saying that, i'm not surprised to hear he will follow Des, when it all came out i expected 1-2 manly players would follow Des. Pretty common now days with a quality coach to have 1-2 players follow him. Dogs are clearing cap with Millington and few others going past week and shredded alot of average players along with losing 2 big names in Idris and Ryan. Added little bar Graham and some kids.

I'd like to see him but its pretty clear Maloney will be heading back to Sydney too so if he didnt im sure we could have a did at him, in saying that Des seems to make halves better so you never know whats in the back of his head.

I just thought i'd join up as i been looking here now and then, you lot seem to know about what happens at manly pretty quick so i thought i'd ask.

Anyone with any imput?

There are posters here that do know what is going on in regards to the extension of both Foz and DCE contracts, however I can assure you that the only way you will find out is when it is an official release from the club. I would think that any dog supporter would the last to be let in on what is going on.

If you have actual evidence of Foz signing to the dogs you would be here boasting about it but you have are furphies and rumours from people who like to start Chinese Whispers.

Dont take this personally but we have heard the same old story from so many Bulldog supporters who come here pretending to be Mother Theresa and eventually show their true colours.

Thanks for the normal reply, i'm not here for crap, and i dont have evidence as i said i am only going on what i've been told from mates who have been pretty spot on in recent years.

I am not claiming its fact or anything, common sense tells you manly will lose 1-2 most likely from des, outside that the cap will play a roll too, every team that win a titles ends up going through this purely because everyones value goes up. i'm not saying anything bad about manly, so i don't know why some have to resort to crap insults, what are you 12?

anyway, i hope dogs do snag foran and the people who have told me of keating etc, and the things forans said sounds very much like what des said. as i said don't take it personally you aren't kieran foran, you aren't a player for manly, i'm not a player for the dogs, so this is all just fan views.

anyway look forward to some interesting times. if anyone has any reasonable mail feel free to share. i'll do the same as i hear more.

mozgrame said:
I have a long term plan to become the third captain. Lyon and King on the field in control of those guys. I will be on the bench and in charge of those four and the trainers. It's innovative and i think will add to our game 10 fold. Anyone got Toovey's e-mail or mobile number??

Failing that, i'd like to be considered for a moderator role on this site. I'd go through about 4 keyboards a week due to the delete buttons wearing out. :)

What did I say wrong now? FFS I would get blamed if the cat had kittens.

Gorgeous George said:
dogs12 said:
Gorgeous George said:
dogs12 said:
bob dylan said:

Simple hey.

my case supported

WTF, I didn't know you had a case to start with. If you think Hodkinson is better than DCE then I suspect you're part of the administration at the Bulldogs. This would also explain the success the Bulldogs have had in recent seasons.

Personal attacks? Clap clap, big man.

As i said your comment supports my case, that manly couldn't match hodkinsons money not that they didn't want him, he was picked ahead of dce for a reason, because des wanted too. He was signedf by the dogs because they offered more money then manly could.

Simple as that.

As for your crap with who is better, please show me where i once said anything on who is the better half? Please show me where...

As for the you must be a member of the dogs board, i wouldn't be making board payouts, yours just ****ed your club inside out and will force another merge in no time.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6