Future cleary?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I love it when players are “expected” to “sign” “within 48 hours”

Lets other clubs know that Cleary is about to enter the 10 day cooling off period so they can have a crack at his signature...lol...cough

(edited so it actually makes sense. "that they Cleary"....indeed!)

Goodness it's so annoying that headlines have to be "Cleary signs" only to read the garb in which is says "Is set to sign within 48 hours"

giphy.gif

If true, sounds like Cleary Snr is trying to force the Tigers’ hand for an early release. I hope they call his bluff.
Very hard to do. A little different to a player signing with an opposition team. As we know from our 2011 experience.

Very hard to do. A little different to a player signing with an opposition team. As we know from our 2011 experience.
You’re right, it is hard to with coaches but I would just like to see the Tigers make it difficult for him and Penrith to get what they want (which, if the report is true, seems to be Cleary Snr to coach in 2019).

We all know from the Hasler experience that you can’t have a coach on your books for one year let alone two when he has signed to go elsewhere.

You can imagine Cleary getting close to some of his team and maybe a couple of future Tigers stars would follow him if he got in their ear.

Tigers management couldnt risk that although it would be funny to see them hold him to his contract and stuff the panthers plans right up.

This is going to be very interesting to watch and see what type of press Ivan Cleary gets. Not good I’d imagine.

I don’t get why (apart from his son being there) that teams and fans think he’s a top notch coach?

I don’t think his record is that good. Yes he got the warriors to a grand final but that would be about it.

Tigers finished out of the finals although had a better year.

He’s been in the coaching game quite a while without a lot of success.

I do rate him higher than Barrett and Cartwright but way under the top level coaches.

After the club embarrassingly sacked the coach for being tired and and not fitting into Goulds plan.

Shows how desperate Gould is....and how pathetic Cleary senior is to go running back to him.

I hope it's a flop. Panthers are increasingly becoming a team I love to hate.... Mostly because of Gould but they seem to get away with everything .... Eg the club organised Maloney TPA. Biggest junior nursery to select from... Huge TPA access...

They are the new Roosters....

That's where Gould learnt all his cunningness from i.e. his time at the Rorters under Uncle Nick.

The game is becoming Ludicrous! Signing a coach (under contract at another cub) to start coaching a different club in 3 years time!

I agree! As if Cleary wouldn't be signing players with Penrith in mind in a few years time. In his final year I highly dought he would be signing star players on multi year deals. He would be setting Tigers up to potentially tear them apart

I agree! As if Cleary wouldn't be signing players with Penrith in mind in a few years time. In his final year I highly dought he would be signing star players on multi year deals. He would be setting Tigers up to potentially tear them apart
Well he did play with Des

After the club embarrassingly sacked the coach for being tired and and not fitting into Goulds plan.

Shows how desperate Gould is....and how pathetic Cleary senior is to go running back to him.

I hope it's a flop. Panthers are increasingly becoming a team I love to hate.... Mostly because of Gould but they seem to get away with everything .... Eg the club organised Maloney TPA. Biggest junior nursery to select from... Huge TPA access...

They are the new Roosters....
At least they are owning up to the fact that they stuffed it up, pity Penns can’t learn from their stupid mistakes (yes I am a Toovey fan).

Manly should get busy and sign Ivan and Nathan from from 2025!! On a $20m deal! That’ll show Gus who’s boss.

We all know from the Hasler experience that you can’t have a coach on your books for one year let alone two when he has signed to go elsewhere.

You can imagine Cleary getting close to some of his team and maybe a couple of future Tigers stars would follow him if he got in their ear.

Tigers management couldnt risk that although it would be funny to see them hold him to his contract and stuff the panthers plans right up.

This is going to be very interesting to watch and see what type of press Ivan Cleary gets. Not good I’d imagine.

I don’t get why (apart from his son being there) that teams and fans think he’s a top notch coach?

I don’t think his record is that good. Yes he got the warriors to a grand final but that would be about it.

Tigers finished out of the finals although had a better year.

He’s been in the coaching game quite a while without a lot of success.

I do rate him higher than Barrett and Cartwright but way under the top level coaches.

I think that is exactly what Gould wanted and he's manipulated the situation for his own gain while screwing over the Tigpies.

Make the Tigpies believe that Cleary's position is untenable (just like Des at the end of 2011), they release him and low and behold, suddenly he's available to coach the Panthers from 2019.

Conclusion? Gould is a prick.

And like you, I don't get why everyone is so high on Cleary's coaching. The only thing he's done is take the Warriors to the 2011 GF.....7 years ago. Since then he actually got the sack from Penrith once already and overall he only has a 48% winning strike rate from 292 games as a first grade NRL coach. Hardly the record of someone who should be highly thought of.

I think that is exactly what Gould wanted and he's manipulated the situation for his own gain while screwing over the Tigpies.

Make the Tigpies believe that Cleary's position is untenable (just like Des at the end of 2011), they release him and low and behold, suddenly he's available to coach the Panthers from 2019.

Conclusion? Gould is a prick.

And like you, I don't get why everyone is so high on Cleary's coaching. The only thing he's done is take the Warriors to the 2011 GF.....7 years ago. Since then he actually got the sack from Penrith once already and overall he only has a 48% winning strike rate from 292 games as a first grade NRL coach. Hardly the record of someone who should be highly thought of.

Gould rated Barrett also.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6