Future Captain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who will be the next long term future captain?

• Total voters

King

Reserve Grader
With the majority of our senior players coming to the end of their careers and in light of the recent events of both the two obvious choices for future long terms captains choosing to leave the club, who do we think will be the future long term captain?
Personally I think Jamie Buhrer is the obvious choice.

yeah I tend to agree, I don't want to install a captain, I want someone who has been there in this magnificent period of sustained success, someone who is there now learning from the greats of our team, and someone who sticks strong with all this roster upheaval.

Buhrer seems the logical choice. but I do worry about his mates DCE and foz leaving and what his views on the club might be at present. he seems unaffected and matter of fact. Stoic in the face of change is the most admirable trait of leaders.

Just someone who loves the place, wants to be here, and loves the fans.
Hopefully DCE and Foran don't rub off on them.

I voted Buhrer as to me he is currently the obvious choice. I agree with the sentiment that we need a captain who just wants to be there, Killer has been an absolute colossus over the last 5 or so years, and he's seemed like hes love the place too.

yeah I tend to agree, I don't want to install a captain, I want someone who has been there in this magnificent period of sustained success, someone who is there now learning from the greats of our team, and someone who sticks strong with all this roster upheaval.

Buhrer seems the logical choice. but I do worry about his mates DCE and foz leaving and what his views on the club might be at present. he seems unaffected and matter of fact. Stoic in the face of change is the most admirable trait of leaders.
I think he is more pissed at the media than the club (I hope)

Joe Kelly will laugh at you all when he introduces John Sutton as captain/coach for 2016 ;)

Buhrer...it is also a shame that Matt Ballin can;t be rewarded with the captaincy for his outstanding work with the team and community. Seems he'll retire about the same time as Killer though.

I agree, i think bruher is will be the next captain. He posses the leadership qualities needed in a captain, he seems to genuinely care about the club, and has been around a while now.

Buhrer was the Captain in NYC when Foz and Chez were there. He seems to be a laid back character in keeping with Killer. @:cool:

Buhrer has really stood up in the past 12 months, was excellent for us during the choc debacle last year, and made a huge difference to our team last week against the storm. At the rate he's developing he'll be more than ready for the captaincy by the time Lyon retires.

Jamie buhrer would make a great captain well he was in the toyota cup, you would think he will take some time to get used to his new knee , buhrer next captain for mine

Won't Buhrer have to do what is best for his family?

What if his wife doesn't want him to be captain.

I thought Ferris was going to the Titans once Cherry is in charge of recruitment?

Once Hiku gets a few runs in the 6 jersey.......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6