Funny thought

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Lets for one minute think that des is poached back and he breaks his contract. We have a super backline but we lack punch so des brings klemmer, jackson and kasiano with him. Manly win back to back titles with that lot.

Does des need his morale compass reset
Is he still ted bundy and charles manson combined
Has he just commited crime of the century

I think not but this forum would e funny as hell. From back stabbers to back slappers

Kasiano hasn't done anything good since 2012, and that's the smallest thing wrong with this scenario!

We vented not at De$' departure but at how he departed.

If the club brings him back I don't know if I'll remain a loyal fan.

Anyway funnier things have happened so I suppose it is 'watch this space' time.

Now, where did I put my tin-foil hat?

If De$ was brought back at the expense of Tooves I would be absolutely disgusted. I don't want De$ back at this club ever, and certainly not at the expense of Tooves who I believe has done a super job to make 3 top 4 finishes (and a GF) in his first 3 years.

All this when it was expected every year we would struggle. So De$ go and get...........

Daddycool08 said:
We vented not at De$' departure but at how he departed.

If the club brings him back I don't know if I'll remain a loyal fan.

Anyway funnier things have happened so I suppose it is 'watch this space' time.

Now, where did I put my tin-foil hat?

Yeah i know that but what do we really know about he situation. Maybe the majority of his team hated working there as well and des was just being a good leader. Everyone has used the press to aid the cause through these last few years. Doesnt any of the subsequent events tha have transpired made you think, well maybe he fel he had o other choice. Im not saying he did, he may have been a sneaky bich but it would have been a trick environment

I dont know about you all but i would very upset with the club if they kick out a loyal legend of the club for De$$ie. Dont want to see him back at all. Tooves hasnt done badly at all. Hes actually gotten us to a gf in his first year with all the bull**** dramas off the field and injuries this year. He deserves a shot to build the club and his own squad

F*ck Des. Toov's hasn't done one thing wrong. Gifty is at Souths it is time everyone concerned moved on. Even some old has been players.

KaZa said:
I dont know about you all but i would very upset with the club if they kick out a loyal legend of the club for De$$ie. Dont want to see him back at all. Tooves hasnt done badly at all. Hes actually gotten us to a gf in his first year with all the bull**** dramas off the field and injuries this year. He deserves a shot to build the club and his own squad
He deserves a shot. However , the GF was all due to Hasler. He built the team.

Lets see tooves take control and build his team. Sink or swim. It's in his hands.

Jerry1 said:
KaZa said:

Lets see tooves take control and build his team. Sink or swim. It's in his hands.

The GF was made in the second year after T-Rex had left for Belmore. Sure, he had a roster compiled by Hasler, but you still have to be a good coach to get any roster to the big dance; the difference between winning and losing in the professional era can be as little as a bad half time prep talk.

Snake said:
Jerry1 said:
KaZa said:

The GF was made in the second year after T-Rex had left for Belmore. Sure, he had a roster compiled by Hasler, but you still have to be a good coach to get any roster to the big dance; the difference between winning and losing in the professional era can be as little as a bad half time prep talk.

Or 20 mins of sh1t refereeing

With what I heard at the time the Traitor has well and truly burnt his bridges at Manly, he might garner support from the fat Greek but that would be it.

So IMO Ha$ler will never see the light of day at Manly again.

However Toovey isn't safe, Harry ( seemingly the knower of all things) has stated that anyone involved in Glens demise is gone, well folks that means our coach as well.

Its odds on we will have a new coach within a month, be that Nathan Brown or someone else.

Mark from Brisbane said:
With what I heard at the time the Traitor has well and truly burnt his bridges at Manly, he might garner support from the fat Greek but that would be it.

So IMO Ha$ler will never see the light of day at Manly again.

However Toovey isn't safe, Harry ( seemingly the knower of all things) has stated that anyone involved in Glens demise is gone, well folks that means our coach as well.

Its odds on we will have a new coach within a month, be that Nathan Brown or someone else.

The word I am hearing, anyone who was associated with Glen Stewart demise at Manly will be gone..... If they can be replaced.
We will have to wait and see If it happens and if it happens straight away

I was upset as any manly fan when it became known Glenn wasnt staying at manly, but it made sense in regards to salary cap and long term planning. Perhaps the powers that be might've pulled out more stops to retain him had gifty been playing regular footy at a high level, but the facts were there to see, an older player becoming injury prone or younger talent coming into their prime.
I think the club still made the right call, but from the tidbits we've heard, went about it completely the wrong way.

I would fear for a new management that couldn't see the Rationale in releasing gifty when he was. Take emotion out and it was really the only thing that made sense if we are any hope of retaining dce and foz.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2