Full Team List for 2016,

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The main thing that worries me is the lack of depth in the backs and halves.

Before the 2015 season we had more outside backs than you could poke a stick at, though history proved that some (e.g. Wiliame) were out of their depth in first grade. Now if any of our 1-7 get injured or is unavailable due to Origin there isn't much quality to replace them. The only saving grace is that pretty much every NRL club is a bit light on for quality once you get past their regular 17.

The main thing that worries me is the lack of depth in the backs and halves.

Before the 2015 season we had more outside backs than you could poke a stick at, though history proved that some (e.g. Wiliame) were out of their depth in first grade. Now if any of our 1-7 get injured or is unavailable due to Origin there isn't much quality to replace them. The only saving grace is that pretty much every NRL club is a bit light on for quality once you get past their regular 17.
Depth in the halves isn't a problem, john/Wright/Hynes/Moltzen

Wright won't be ready for first grade for at least another year.

John has experience so could be ok and the same is true of Moltzen.

I haven't seen much (if anything) of Hynes so I can't really comment on him.

But I agree outside back depth Is very poor

Satini/Williame/Lavaka/Goodall aren't exactly quality depth

Players like brown/Moltzen/Green can play well if given opportunities in the Backline.

There is also john walker who I believe can play centre. For me first choice if a centre goes down brown shifts to centre. If a half goes down john comes in. If it's a winger green and moltzen come in and if snake is injured tom turbo comes in to FB and moltzen or green comes in

100% agree with this. Tommy is one of those talents who we'd be wasting if we played him in NSW Cup. He proved in just 9 NRL games that he is a bona fide first grader and the only reason he wasn't a permanent part of the NRL side was because he came under the 2nd tier cap and we could only use him as an injury replacement.

For my money, our first choice 17 will be:

Brett Stewart (vc)
Jorge Taufua
Jamie Lyon (c)
Steve Matai
Tom Trbojevic
Dylan Walker
Daly Cherry-Evans (vc)
Nate Myles
Api Koroisau
Jake Trbojevic
Lewis Brown
Feleti Mateo
Martin Taupau

Res (from) - Josh Starling, Jamie Buhrer, Matt Parcell, Darcy Lussick, Tom Symonds, Brenton Lawrence.

as above, maybe Demetriou right-edge 2nd rower, Brown to bench.

#9thPremiership

I honestly don't think Demertiou is ready for first grade either. Running over U/20's who can't tackle, especially outside backs who he outweighs by about 20 kg, is much easier than running into first graders who would currently sit him on his backside as soon as look at him.

He is one who needs a year or two playing against fully developed adults in the NSW Cup. If he can handle that then he might do ok in the NRL. But as it stands now I think playing him in first grade would be a mistake and will only happen if we have a 2015 like injury crisis and Barrett literally has no other choice.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think Demertiou is ready for first grade either. Running over U/20's who can't tackle, especially outside backs who he outweighs by about 20 kg, is much easier than running into first graders who would currently sit him on his backside as soon as look at him.

He is one who needs a year or two playing against fully developed adults in the NSW Cup. If he can handle that then he might do ok in the NRL. But as it stands now I think playing him in first grade would be a mistake and will only happen if we have a 2015 like injury crisis and Barrett literally has no other choice.
Think your find he won't be here this coming season

Brown and Mateo don't inspire me as starting second rowers. Neither made the starting side at Panthers or Warriors. Would put Buhrer in before both of them, and question mark on other starter. Perhaps Lussick. Wait and see.

If Barrett was trying t get rid of Mateo I can't imagine he will be featuring too heavily in 2016

The only reason why we where pushing to get rid of Mateo is we are paying overs for his output. He is still our best option as a starting back rower and we don't have any option at this point. We where trying to move him on but no club would come to the table understandably.

The club have a few player profiles up not all. They are looking fitter then ever.:)

Feletti especially looks like he has toned right up. No mud guts there. Personally I see him as our most important player this year. He has been the Enigma, has never reached his potential. When Fit, Happy off the field and motivated. He should be up there were the turtle as our best on field.

Jake T is looking slim, more of a second rower build, can someone make sure that boy is eating!.

Snake seems to have lost a bit around the middle. It looks like he's back to how he was in 2011.

DCE looks like he has his wallet tucked under his jumper. Same with Luke Burgess, though he obviously doesn't have as much money in his :p

According to their profiles, Nate and Jake are roughly the same size (Myles in 187 cm and 108 kg, Jake is 185 and 107). Judging by their pictures Jake looks like he's either lost a few kilos or he's replaced a bit of puppy fat with muscle.

Tim Moltzen looks like he'd snap in half if you tackled him too hard.

he only reason why we where pushing to get rid of Mateo is we are paying overs for his output. He is still our best option as a starting back rower and we don't have any option at this point.
I like Mateo but we do have options - for example Liam Knight is listed as a second rower. Not to put pressure on the bloke, but he strikes me as potentially a Terry Randall style of second rower. Tall, lean, huge motor, tough, keeps going under all conditions...?

I like Mateo but we do have options - for example Liam Knight is listed as a second rower. Not to put pressure on the bloke, but he strikes me as potentially a Terry Randall style of second rower. Tall, lean, huge motor, tough, keeps going under all conditions...?

I agree but he is yet to play a game. I'm sure he will be a player that will kick right on into 1st grade but Mateo is still our best option

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Dylan Walker
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Nate Myles

11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Marty Taupau

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Lewis Brown

18. Apisai Koroisou (Hooker)
19. Josh Starling (Prop)
20. Tim Moltzen (Fullback / Halves)
21. Blake Leary (Backrow)
22. Luke Burgess (Prop)
23. Nathan Green (Centre)
24. Isaac John (Half)
25. Liam Knight (Prop)

X If Lawrence is released, I think we have enough experience to play Knight
X Not sure about the rotation with Buhrer / Brown / Parcell / Koroisou
X Have 3 props (experienced) as depth

Good team Ryan
Though like his ability, still unconvinced of Lawrence after serious injuries & there is a good chance Knight will feature strongly for a spot in the 17
Not long now & maybe the trials could well decide the squad & even positional adjustments.

Our plan to continue with the down sizing and to keep him under the radar

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Dylan Walker
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Nate Myles

11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Marty Taupau

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Lewis Brown

18. Apisai Koroisou (Hooker)
19. Josh Starling (Prop)
20. Tim Moltzen (Fullback / Halves)
21. Blake Leary (Backrow)
22. Luke Burgess (Prop)
23. Nathan Green (Centre)
24. Isaac John (Half)
25. Liam Knight (Prop)

X If Lawrence is released, I think we have enough experience to play Knight
X Not sure about the rotation with Buhrer / Brown / Parcell / Koroisou
X Have 3 props (experienced) as depth
That list looks pretty strong - so we will soon see what Mr Barrett brings to the table. I will forgive a bit of disorganisation early in the season so long as he has them all jumping out of their skins in enthusiasm. If he does, we will go well for sure.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8