Full strength, injury free, suspension free & in form....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I take your point ... but I have my doubts that he has the physical coordination, anticipation or athleticism to be a complete footballer ...

His tackling technique and reads are just not good ... His stats show that he has attempted 33 tackles ... made 15 tackles and missed 18 tackles with 6 errors ... with those kind of figures I just think he should be learning how to play in reserve grade ..
Oh wow, look I think Saab has potential but I also made a call a few weeks ago that I do not think he is first grade standard atm and may need a year or two in the NSW Cup to fill out and get some footy smarts,
his defense is terrible BUT........ After reading those stats I cant believe his playing first grade NRL,
im 50 and would have better defensive stats that that playing on the wing ( well maybe 30 years ago..LOL)
On a serious note that simply isn't good enough and if I was coaching against Manly I would not only be kicking to his wing all day but directing traffic his way all day, all you need to do is give him the ball, hit him hard and run him ragged a little then run plays at him ... try time all day if your missing more than 55% of tackles.

Tom
Saab
Walker
Suli
Garrick
Schuster
DCE
Paseka
Fainu
Marty
Olakau’atu
Siro
Jake
Res: Cust, Aloiai, Sipley, Keppie

Davey, Saddler, S Fainu, Harper, Parker, Funa, Koula to come!

If only........
That would be next years side if Foran is not re-signed but he would make that side when fit.

Schuster would replace Sipley on the bench as a Utility

That would be a a hell of a mobile side suited to today's rules.

70 games 11 tries, that is why suli should never play center. Every opposition coach targets Suli because he is too big and too slow in defense.
I wonder how many passes he's thrown in those 70 games and how many times he's passed to his winger while that winger had space to run into. He draws tacklers but he rarely (never?) uses the space created on the flank. I don't pretend that Parker's a superstar but Brad shows the sort of effort and team work that Moses sadly lacks.

Cannot understand Foran picked ahead of Schuster when we don't need Schuster elsewhere. Foran is busted and playing on one leg and Schuster is more than ready for any position in first grade. Foran has done little for our attack this year. We have scored less than 10 points per match.

Im really hoping we change our backline at season's end. Suli and Parker are both useless.. Garrick has shown his 1st year brilliance was 90% tom doing the hard work and Garrick getting the last pass to score... Has done literally NOTHING in the games tom doesn't play..

I'm worried tom is just going to be a bandaid.. put him in, watch him set up trys for everyone in the backline so we can all sit around talking about how good the team is, then the minute he's off the park, the mediocrity can resume with a backline that contributes nothing...

That's one of the big differences between the roosters/storm/Panthers/bunnies and us.. their wingers and centres create scoring opportunities EVERY game, multiple times each... Ours literally do NOTHING unless tom gifts them scoring opportunities

Our halves have been out of form and our centers lack creativity and penetration. That's part of the reason we haven't score more than 10 points per game. We have previously fallen into the trap of depending on Turbo to cover deficiency and I this is a band aid approach to the problem that needs to be fixed.

Not sure if that's hurting Saab's figures. though regardless, I'm hoping Harper gets more confidence in his 'inside man' and stops faffing about.

That always does .. the poor winger is always held up for blame even when the defenders 3 and 4 in miss read and cause an overlap ... but I am more concerned with the fact he simply can't tackle when he does get near them ...

2. No one else in our squad (that I have seen) could have scored that try last week... without which, we don't win the match.

Agree ... that is why I say I doubt he will become a "complete" footballer ... he will on occasion, in broken play or with some room, do something very good ... he has had 8 high kicks aimed at him and he hasn't got within cooee of any of them .. when he eventually gets lucky ... we will all say wow ... but that is just us liking shiny things ... in the modern game there is very little room to carry players with basic fundamental deficiences ..

Just my opinion ... won't mind being proven wrong in the fullness of time ...

If we don’t have a clean out and attempt to rebuild our backs i don’t see us be able to compete in many games, our back line is our Achilles heel, Tom excluded. Our 7 is our 7 until 2024, unfortunately for Foz his time has come, he can’t compete with the speed of the game and will only fall further behind as time moves forward, it’s a no brainer we need a 6 with speed, I know most see shoe as our 6 and I’d like to see how he goes there myself, but he may be our answer to an edge playing back rower moving forward or even a centre (bare with me here) or lock as we all know that Jake will struggle with game speed moving forward, (as I don’t see Sirro adding value to the side) he has a good defensive game and can provide us with more ball playing options from our edge forwards (think of our attack, Sirro? Jake? Or Shoe) either way this could give us an opportunity to rethink our 6, (with speed in mind, ie a walker, Luia type 6! who exactly is a question mark) I think we all agree our centre pairing whom ever we choose from our current roster is not going to take us to any great heights, so we need a 3 and 4 (our centre pairings have been a huge part of our problem) We may not be able to rebuild our whole back line so our 2 and 5 get to survive the clean out for now, Saab deserves some time on potential and if Garrick can build on his form from the warriors game he may play himself back into some value for the team, I’m not sold on him, but he may just prove us wrong yet, anyway if he can’t find form then his times well and truely up.
So looking to the future,
1 tom
2 saab (on potential and future improvement)
3 fill this space (walker if we can’t recruit better)
4 fill this space (shoe?) (tuipulotu?)
5 garrick (on notice)
6 fill this space ( shoe?)
7 chez
8 Taniela
9 manase/lawton
10 aloia
11 Sua (would need to sign him, but I like it)
12 haumole
13 shoe (Jake)
bench ?
14 cust (utility role, 6,7, 9)
15 sipley
16 Sadler (prop/second row)
17 Jake? This is a hard one, perhaps Jake stays in 13 for now and shoe plays 6 or in the centre’s, he would give us ball playing skills inside and out and improve our edge defence which we badly need, then keppie moves into 17 (needs to lift his work rate)

its a bit incomplete and a work in progress, but there’s a strong outfit there up front, I know I snuck Sua in there, I’d love to see that happen, we would need to sign Sua of course (moving Marty on gives us that chance) find a centre pairing (this could include shoe and solve our overloaded engine room) meaning we only need one centre (walker would be the obvious if we can’t find better and can resign him at the right money). Leaving us open for a quality 6 if we don’t go with shoe, if it’s shoe we need another centre, (suli, Harper and Parker will never take us where we need to go)
so we can build a strong competitive side with 3 good signings,
1) sua
2) centre? (find This player)
3) a quality 6 or another centre depending on where shoe plays, I know playing players out of position has been well discussed but shoe looks to be one of those special types that could be used successfully in a number of roles to build a stronger side. (So find us this player be it a 6 or another centre) there is the bones of a really strong side there with 3 good signings, it looks like it could be super competitive and place our club back on a path to success.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8