Full strength, injury free, suspension free & in form....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The thing is, if everyone in that team was playing at their absolute peak, that is a team that can compete for the top 4.

Problem is so many in the squad are a long way from that

The thing is, if everyone in that team was playing at their absolute peak, that is a team that can compete for the top 4.

Problem is so many in the squad are a long way from that
Agree & that is more than a top 4 team!

I would replace Saab with .. any one of Jorge, Funa, Harper, the ex-easts guy, Koula, or the work experience kid ..
Saab is definitely a work in progress but keeping him in first grade will be worth it over time. Rocks and diamonds and at the moment, far more rocks than diamonds. I get it. His potential far outweighs his negatives IMO.

Last edited:
Saab is definitely a work in progress but keeping him in first grade will be worth it over time. Rocks and diamonds and at the moment far more rocks than diamonds at the moment, I get it. His potential far outweighs his negatives IMO.

I take your point ... but I have my doubts that he has the physical coordination, anticipation or athleticism to be a complete footballer ...

His tackling technique and reads are just not good ... His stats show that he has attempted 33 tackles ... made 15 tackles and missed 18 tackles with 6 errors ... with those kind of figures I just think he should be learning how to play in reserve grade ..

I take your point ... but I have my doubts that he has the physical coordination, anticipation or athleticism to be a complete footballer ...

His tackling technique and reads are just not good ... His stats show that he has attempted 33 tackles ... made 15 tackles and missed 18 tackles with 6 errors ... with those kind of figures I just think he should be learning how to play in reserve grade ..

15 tackles! He'll get banned from the wingers club if he keeps having to make that many!

I was looking at 'the game' again and Harper (at the moment) does that up and in defence... but then he props, gets nervous and sorta back-pedals back into the line and it's all a big shemozzle from there on.

Not sure if that's hurting Saab's figures. though regardless, I'm hoping Harper gets more confidence in his 'inside man' and stops faffing about.

I kinda like 'em both. But that doesn't mean there isn't better options waiting in the (no pun intended - manly Al) 'wings'.

Love the team, would have Davey in for Keppie. Having three props in our bench is uneccessary and Davey is an out and out first grade player, deserves to be there. Would even swap him in for Siro. Also don't know if I would stick with Suli, used to be a big Suli fan but seeing his defensive efforts really make me question him. Damaging ball runner and a huge attacking threat but just sooooo lazy in defence. Would love Koula in at centre for pace and youth, or even Harper.

I agree... but the conundrum for now is that:
1. We are running 15th and have won very little in the last year;
2. No one else in our squad (that I have seen) could have scored that try last week... without which, we don't win the match.

But yes, the bubble will burst when one of those defensive decisions costs us a match. He needs to improve quickly.

Note I haven't seen Tuipulotu or Koula yet so not sure if they're ready to go if needed.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8