Front Row

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
So, unlike a lot of guys on here I don't keep right up too date on the young fellas coming through the ranks. Who's ready, who's not and so on.

One thing though thats pretty damn plain for all to see, is that in the last 2 years we have lost KITE, KING, GALUVAO, FA'AOSO, ROSE and im probably even missing a few other big boppers.

Now, going on the fact I know nothing about our lower grades or 'ready-to-step-up players', there has to be SOMETHING! happening to bolster the front row?

Is there a key player (preferably more than 1) ready to fill the shoes or are we in desperate need of a signing?

I liked the experiment tooves but it hasn't worked. When it came down to the crunch a smaller faster pack still needs some meter-munchers. We need some BIG hard running front rowers to unleash the backline. Where can they come from before next season's start?

I think you would have seen Jake Turbojet play a few games this year had he not busted his ankle in the second half of the season.

I would also expect us to find someone to replace King & Fa'aso, it could be Ritchie coming back.

Jake T will step up next year! Starling JSL, Hasson & Lui will be stronger with another strong pre season under their belts
Jamill hopate is another one look out for. Think we may see Hame playing first grade next year also. Saw him training with the team last night.
I would imagine we will buy at least another 2 forwards in the off season especially if Choc goes

Above list is pretty spot on! Ligi Sa'o may come on also though! And further down the track I'm a fan of Liam knight as well!

I'm not expecting to see much of Lauaki in the top grade!

Watmough leaving gives us a lot of breathing room to bolster the pack a bit! I'd try to get Merrin and Kasiano if they're available and a hard nosed player from England, Kyle Amor would fit the bill nicely in my opinion! I'd then look to get Josh McGuire from Brisbane for 2016!

Agree totally with merrin and kasiano if choc, and matai are granted releases and we can negotiate early releases from dragons and dogs respectively for both merrin and kasiano. Manly wont release any players unless they can replace them. Adding a rep back rower abd prop is all we need, have a few fantastic fowards and backs coming through. Merrin will add a mobile good sized back rower with an off load and kasiano has size and good ball playing skills perfect fit for manlys style of play.

just thinking that Justin poore is off contract in the esl..don't forget he played origin ,has a bit of fire in him, a bit of size..but spent a season injured at Parramatta and was badly coached. could be worth a look and with the right coaching input could be the type of player he was when at the dragons.

sapphire coast sea eagle said:
just thinking that Justin poore is off contract in the esl..don't forget he played origin ,has a bit of fire in him, a bit of size..but spent a season injured at Parramatta and was badly coached. could be worth a look and with the right coaching input could be the type of player he was when at the dragons.

He has had some injuries that basically render him a passenger. Don't let the name fool you, we'd be better off pulling Spud Carroll out of retirement.

The club had high hopes for Ligi Sao, but obviously his form hasn't warranted selection. Jake T got injured this season, he probably would have been ahead of Andrews and maybe Hasson.

If Tooves was not a fan of Rose you would think he would struggle to find a place for Sam K

There's plenty of guys we could go out and buy and that would be great. We won't be doing that due to salary cap restraints.

Whatever is going to be running on next year has to come from within; the club needs to work especially hard in the off season with the big young guys we have already.

If this season has taught us nothing then it is contracts and their expiry dates mean nothing.

If the club does want to recruit a front rower they only need to look at those off contract at the end of next year.

Yes it is not ethical but it is how the NRL is now

I put this little comparison together using the official heights and weights from the player profile sections on each clubs official website.

Roosters:

JWH - 193cm, 108kg
Moa - 183cm, 105kg
Cordner - 188cm, 102kg
SBW - 194cm, 108kg
Guerra- 190cm, 103kg

Aubusson - 181cm, 98kg
FPN - 184cm, 105kg
Lui - 187cm, 107kg
Napa - 194cm, 109kg

Total: 1694cm, 945kg

Manly:

Starling - 186cm, 105kg
Lawrence - 184cm, 102kg
Buhrer - 180cm, 94kg
Symonds - 189cm, 102kg
Lui - 182cm, 108kg

JSL - 189cm, 103kg
Hasson - 191cm, 105kg
Trbo - 185cm, 106kg
Horo - 190kg, 102kg

Total: 1676cm, 927kg

At first glance it appears that we are only giving away 18kg to the Roosters pack. However, if you chucked 10kg on say Brenton Lawrence, and another 8kg on JSL, all of the sudden you have two scary monsters to match the Roosters pack. This is what we need next season! Two big boppers to charge over the advantage line and open up a little breathing space for the more mobile players in the pack.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2