from RLW today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No way he would be on 400 - 450 the guy still drives a barina or some other old small car :)

450 would be waayy to much for Kite as would 300

Dan link said:
No way he would be on 400 - 450 the guy still drives a barina or some other old small car :)

Just because he drives an old car doesn't mean jack.
Use to know a guy that was a millionaire that owned a ****ty old falcon

yes but there is no way that Kite was ever worth more than we paid for Orford a season. I just can't see him being worth anymore than an absolute maximum of $300k

I do remember that for the first season we paid Kite like $400k but I think from memory that was Front ended. We paid a premium to get him across from dragons.

I think it would range from $250k - $300k per season

deadlyeagle link said:
I do remember that for the first season we paid Kite like $400k but I think from memory that was Front ended. We paid a premium to get him across from dragons.

That's about the money maybe a smidgin more and he will be asking for that amount plus some. Been talk for a while that he has an offer from ESL. The fact that he is wanting to renegotiate so early in the season supports that he has already another offer otherwise he would be trying to play well for the next month or so, improve his worth  and then go to the table.

The positive for Manly is if it is determined early in the year that he is not staying it gives the club plenty of time to sign someone else. I reckon they will be monitoring JWH'S form closely.

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
[quote author=deadlyeagle link=topic=187056.msg326561#msg326561 date=1300857717]

That's about the money maybe a smidgin more and he will be asking for that amount plus some. Been talk for a while that he has an offer from ESL. The fact that he is wanting to renegotiate so early in the season supports that he has already another offer otherwise he would be trying to play well for the next month or so, improve his worth  and then go to the table.

The positive for Manly is if it is determined early in the year that he is not staying it gives the club plenty of time to sign someone else. I reckon they will be monitoring JWH'S form closely.

[/quote]

Have heard that St Helens were interested at one point. Other rumours doing the rounds : return back to the Raiders, Storm or even the Dragons.

If St Helens are I think it'll be a straight swap for Graham

And people whinge when a player like Tasi, Trent etc leave claiming a lack of loyalty etc.

You can see why players take care of themselves -

Shane link said:
Because some people thing JWH is worth more than an early retirement for some stupid reason

JWH is a young forward on the up. His from for NZ in England was really impressive. Remember Manly signed him RU.

He definitely will be playing better footy in a couple years than he is now. Better signing someone who will improve then soemone already at the top commanding  $400k. A club would probably get him for  $200. He is very good well behaved young man.  I would be signing him.

Where is that Prediction time vault to bring back this post in 24 months.

deadlyeagle link said:

This is roughly what I think his current salary would be, maybe slightly less than $250K but I wouldn't think much less.  I do recall he was on a massive front loaded contract when he came across.

I would think he would be a good buy at somewhere under $200K (not sure how far under).  If UK clubs are sniffing around we won't be able to compete with the coin, but it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed with us for less.

Kite's original contract when he first came to manly was rumored to be 400k a season for 3 years with an option for a fourth year. No idea what his last contract was worth. I'm happy for to stay as long as we don't pay overs to keep him.

MadMarcus link said:
[quote author=deadlyeagle link=topic=187056.msg326561#msg326561 date=1300857717]

This is roughly what I think his current salary would be, maybe slightly less than $250K but I wouldn't think much less.  I do recall he was on a massive front loaded contract when he came across.

I would think he would be a good buy at somewhere under $200K (not sure how far under).  If UK clubs are sniffing around we won't be able to compete with the coin, but it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed with us for less.
[/quote]

The tax rules have changed now in the UK so players aren't getting as much as what they were.

If he was offered somewhere between $130-160 for 2 more seasons he would be mad not to take it.  On current form he wouldn't be worth any more than that I would think.  He is, however, a workhorse and keeps trying.

I would like to see him stay and finish his career with Manly.

[quote author=Seaeagle63 link=topic=187056.msg326647#msg326647 date=1300867164]
If he was offered somewhere between $130-160 for 2 more seasons he would be mad not to take it.  On current form he wouldn't be worth any more than that I would think.  He is, however, a workhorse and keeps trying.

I would like to see him stay and finish his career with Manly.

he was definately on about $300 per year, so if we could keep him for somewhere between $130-$160 i'd be pretty happy.

Dan link said:

He probably owns 6 houses.  

We were one of 9 clubs chasing him when he left St george and the media quoted $400k at the time for a 4 year deal.  $400k might have just been the first uyear or maybe not.

If we don't have money under the salary cap as the Lowe constantly states then senior players like Brett, Kite, Watmough and Killer must be receiving a lot of it.

Manly To Win! link said:
I think we should re-sign him, but not for anything more than 180-200k per season

that wont buy him. He will get double that from ESL.

I would  be betting  $5.00  4:1 about him staying. You dont negotiate this early in the season unless you have a counter offer with leverage.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2