Friendly Fire on here of late..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KOMORI

Born and bred an Eagle
I've noticed of late a few fairly spirited discussions on here over the last few weeks, and whislt I enjoy the banter I've noticed that a few people here and there are getting a little wound up and a little personal in their replies. Essentially (and this is just my opinion) people are crossing the line a little and being a little cranky over what should be a friendly discussion involving our team and the players that will be representing Manly in 2016.

So chill out a little hey?

It would seem we have just completed one of the most comprehensive, not to mention shortest, rebuilds I can remember. We had a massively tough '15 (by our standards) and have cleaned house and bought some marquee players and I reckon we will give it a MASSIVE shake next season: I don't agree with how some of it was accomplished and the manor in which some were treated, but as fans we have little say in this, and can only do what we do and support this great team.

I just think that EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion, and whilst I don't always agree with everyone I try to at least understand where they're coming from and converse like an adult (unless Mark's stiffy is involved hehe) and often read without comment: but I dislike seeing Manly fans attack each other over opinions on line. Dan and the mod team are pretty lenient but rarely need to jump on regular posters, I think that should be repaid with some self-moderation yeah?

At the end of the day we are all Manly supporters, and we are certainly better than petty squabbles..

So anyhow, let's enjoy a tumultuous (in a hugely positive fashion for once!!) off season and let the anticipation build for the coming season.

It's going to be a special year I reckon: let's enjoy every single minute of it :D

HEY. WATCH WHAT YOU'RE SAYING. I MIGHT GET OFFENDED WITH THOSE COMMENTS....sorry couldnt help myself. You are of course quite right Komori and I think not only are we of the same team colours but also its just a game and hardly something worth starting war over...then again! I think also you may find that some of the characters on this forum who seem in conflict are in fact good mates having a little fun digging at each other. The written word unfortunately is limited to revealing the emotion behind it

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I've noticed of late a few fairly spirited discussions on here over the last few weeks, and whislt I enjoy the banter I've noticed that a few people here and there are getting a little wound up and a little personal in their replies. Essentially (and this is just my opinion) people are crossing the line a little and being a little cranky over what should be a friendly discussion involving our team and the players that will be representing Manly in 2016.

So chill out a little hey?

It would seem we have just completed one of the most comprehensive, not to mention shortest, rebuilds I can remember. We had a massively tough '15 (by our standards) and have cleaned house and bought some marquee players and I reckon we will give it a MASSIVE shake next season: I don't agree with how some of it was accomplished and the manor in which some were treated, but as fans we have little say in this, and can only do what we do and support this great team.

I just think that EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion, and whilst I don't always agree with everyone I try to at least understand where they're coming from and converse like an adult (unless Mark's stiffy is involved hehe) and often read without comment: but I dislike seeing Manly fans attack each other over opinions on line. Dan and the mod team are pretty lenient but rarely need to jump on regular posters, I think that should be repaid with some self-moderation yeah?

At the end of the day we are all Manly supporters, and we are certainly better than petty squabbles..

So anyhow, let's enjoy a tumultuous (in a hugely positive fashion for once!!) off season and let the anticipation build for the coming season.

It's going to be a special year I reckon: let's enjoy every single minute of it :D
TROLL!!!

It happens on the field,it happens in politics,it happens in the wotk force why should it be any different on here.Besides bickering has been associated with silvertails since day one it's what makes this forum exciting.

We are all passionate about this club and we share opinions and argue and bicker about stuff from time to time. For me as long as things dont get personal or are openly racist or discriminate I can handle stuff.

It has been a tumultuous 2 years, lots of scars as we saw our champion team destroyed by inept club management and we got away from what made us so successful.

Listenting to Brent Kite at the Football Club AGM summed it up, As we all know he left us at the end of the 13 season and his words were telling. He stated how he loved this place so much because the players had a bond like brothers and no egos were tolerated and that we were each others biggest supporters.

Lets hope the lessons from the last 2 years have been learned and as a club we get back to where we were. I am confident we will.

I just want to see now some lively debate but being fair to each other and tolerant.

Blue balls making us tetchy... It's the offseason and we have all been kept waiting too long between drinks!

To all the passionate Manly people on this forum that support the greatest club in the world the mighty Sea eagles .
Merry Christmas feathered friends :)
12314124_10208584986050927_1779573826502321442_n.jpg

this is like groundhog day ,already covered this thread in another thread,but you dead right so i will repeat myself.
we are the most passionate supporters in the league,not cross dressers like qld supporters just the eagles and that is it,one team,one state,one country.
how many sleeps now:)

To all the passionate Manly people on this forum that support the greatest club in the world the mighty Sea eagles .
Merry Christmas feathered friends :)
View attachment 2837
Thanks Bozo your refreshing optimism over recent months about our mighty club in the face of negativity and vindictiveness has really helped us as supporters to focus on our bright future and a great 2016!

Thanks Bozo your refreshing optimism over recent months about our mighty club in the face of negativity and vindictiveness has really helped us as supporters to focus on our bright future and a great 2016!
We are all birds of a feather and we are all in this together whether we agree or disagree on things. Players need management to get paid and management needs supporters to stay financial viable. Together we are stronger and at the end off the day we all love our club and want our club to be victorious . Its us Manly v rest . They all hate us so why hate each other as well .
We don't live in a perfect world and sht happens but we are the most successful club in the modern era for good reason.
I agree with you about our bright future in 2016 as the mighty Sea eagles have proven over the years that we are the most resilient club and always soar high above adversity :)
876002-91a4d146-2e6c-11e3-869e-eaff8cd18a26.jpg

There is a danger of being simplistic about what has gone on here.

We can all strive to be, pretend to be, positive. And what would that make us? Plastic people? Grieving is a process that can't be forced. Telling people to just get over it does not help.

The conflicts on this forum of late are a direct spillover of the conflicts between the Penn group and the Football Club group. The saddest part here is that the Penns and FC have not been able to find a path forward together. The Penns have decided to crush the FC - to effectively kill it. The outcome is that many long-time loyal FC members, a core group of devoted Sea Eagle fans, in particular, have felt alienated and attacked.

If you cannot empathise that members of the Football Club in particular feel attacked when Zorba directly attacks them in the press, then you cannot empathise. An alternative is that you just openly admit that you cannot empathise with them rather than urging them to feel differently.

We are all crazy in our own special ways here. If we urge people to share our personal meaning of what it means to be "positive", then we are fundamentally being "negative" towards them.

the replies to this thread are helping me understand what you locals are going through,queensland journo's just dont report on anything manly,i live in noosa,some say its paradise but to me paradise was the hill on a sunny winters day watching the mighty eagles win lose or draw.:clapping:

There is a danger of being simplistic about what has gone on here.

We can all strive to be, pretend to be, positive. And what would that make us? Plastic people? Grieving is a process that can't be forced. Telling people to just get over it does not help.

The conflicts on this forum of late are a direct spillover of the conflicts between the Penn group and the Football Club group. The saddest part here is that the Penns and FC have not been able to find a path forward together. The Penns have decided to crush the FC - to effectively kill it. The outcome is that many long-time loyal FC members, a core group of devoted Sea Eagle fans, in particular, have felt alienated and attacked.

If you cannot empathise that members of the Football Club in particular feel attacked when Zorba directly attacks them in the press, then you cannot empathise. An alternative is that you just openly admit that you cannot empathise with them rather than urging them to feel differently.

We are all crazy in our own special ways here. If we urge people to share our personal meaning of what it means to be "positive", then we are fundamentally being "negative" towards them.
Totally agree Rex. I don't always agree with your posts 100% but in this case you are spot on to me. I'm not the most educated on this site but I sure as **** can smell bull**** when it is in the air. The PR that has been pushed down our throats ad nauseum from the pro Penn camp is over the top especially about memberships. The truth is Penns don't need our money.
They are Richie rich. With the NRL grant, merchandising and the LC profit they are in the green, well in the green and that's great for Manly. People want the FC and Penns Zorba to get along. Well the Penns who are the new kids need to accept the FC as a steak holder and as the history of Manly and run with it. Stop pointscoring among the un-suspecting fans with bogus life memberships and embrace our history good and bad and stop telling people how to think.

Totally agree Rex. I don't always agree with your posts 100% but in this case you are spot on to me. I'm not the most educated on this site but I sure as **** can smell bull**** when it is in the air. The PR that has been pushed down our throats ad nauseum from the pro Penn camp is over the top especially about memberships. The truth is Penns don't need our money.
They are Richie rich. With the NRL grant, merchandising and the LC profit they are in the green, well in the green and that's great for Manly. People want the FC and Penns Zorba to get along. Well the Penns who are the new kids need to accept the FC as a steak holder and as the history of Manly and run with it. Stop pointscoring among the un-suspecting fans with bogus life memberships and embrace our history good and bad and stop telling people how to think.

Ive supported this club for what seems ages, and im completely confused with who hates who or who likes who.

Just glad all I give a **** about is the footy now..makes it all so much more enjoyable.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8