Frank Winterstein

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm curious as to how he gets picked every week, unless we have no other options.

While we're winning, you don't mess with the team. And with Taupau's form, moving him to the second row so that AFB or Myles can be the other starting prop, could undo the whole temperament of Kapow's game.

I just don't see him doing as much as we want from a starting second rower, far from it. Sirro's not too bad, but Frankenstein doesn't warrant being picked in first grade, in my opinion.

My opinion is always right.

Are you serious??
Frank is improving every game and has been one of our best forwards the last month.
Big, quick, skilful and can find a hole.
Good price tag and if we purchase a big name second rower he will definitely benefit
Give him time as he's worth the wait!!

Winterstein against Souths:

5 runs, 25 metres, 1 offload, 13 tackles.

Sironen:

6 runs, 43 metres, 2 offloads, 25 tackles.

Sirro's not burning the house down, but he gives some account of himself in comparison.

However, I've gone back in the stats and found Winterstein has actually been good for the last 4 weeks.

There you go. Opened my mouth and stupidity flowed from it like a waterfall. I'm going to go and sit in the corner like an idiot.

Pull your head in, Quirk.
What tackles were to be made in that match anyway. Souths rarely had the ball and when they did their left edge was the side with it.

Winterstein and Siri weren't brilliant in that game although they are getting much much better

Oh just read the end of this, yes, don't worry we all have brain explosions

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no doubt this bloke runs a great angled courage line - he was not expected to be as dangerous as he often looks...and as mentioned, has taken some last gasp flat passes , at speed , under pressure....absorbing some decent shots yet due to the angle and pace he runs it - often only 1-2 players involved in the tackle- allowing a speedy play ball his generals would appreciate playing off the back of.
Not always about metres gained - those committed sharp runs don't show on the stats, but they certainly provide the lead up to attacking opportunity and in a team sport - are vital.
Just another quick point - his line speed defensively has really improved , especially the past 2 weeks....this again does not show statistically unless he has made the close down, but the confidence is on the improve when they attack his edge a little more each week - this was out main flaw where Melbourne took us apart on the edges, so needed BIG improvement and give the cover Green needs there.

With Billy B coming through I would like to keep Frankenstein as a depth forward next year.

This may depend on CHN though.

Winterstein against Souths:

5 runs, 25 metres, 1 offload, 13 tackles.

Sironen:

6 runs, 43 metres, 2 offloads, 25 tackles.

Sirro's not burning the house down, but he gives some account of himself in comparison.

However, I've gone back in the stats and found Winterstein has actually been good for the last 4 weeks.

There you go. Opened my mouth and stupidity flowed from it like a waterfall. I'm going to go and sit in the corner like an idiot.

Pull your head in, Quirk.
hahaha your forgiven champ. Imo Frank is doing great but sironen needs to be replaced next year he would be a good back up or maybe off the bench but he lacks intensity and drive. if we got either Josh Jackson or Boyd cordner or Gillet then we're talking lol

hahaha your forgiven champ. Imo Frank is doing great but sironen needs to be replaced next year he would be a good back up or maybe off the bench but he lacks intensity and drive. if we got either Josh Jackson or Boyd cordner or Gillet then we're talking lol
Yeah and Siro hasn't combined with dce good yet and I can't see it happening. We need a Cordner type back rower badly not only for DCE but the team. Frank is going well though. Combining with Green and Koroisau nicely. I'd re sign him.

Yeah and Siro hasn't combined with dce good yet and I can't see it happening. We need a Cordner type back rower badly not only for DCE but the team. Frank is going well though. Combining with Green and Koroisau nicely. I'd re sign him.
Just dont see how you think Frank is going well. Stats for his last game - 5 runs, 43m and 13 tackles. Are you serious?! I admit he strung together a good game or two but both our second rowers are easily are weakest link in the team. Awesome that they can tackle, guess what, so can most good second rowers.. Frank and Siro need to step up this match to gain any credibility.

Just dont see how you think Frank is going well. Stats for his last game - 5 runs, 43m and 13 tackles. Are you serious?! I admit he strung together a good game or two but both our second rowers are easily are weakest link in the team. Awesome that they can tackle, guess what, so can most good second rowers.. Frank and Siro need to step up this match to gain any credibility.
Stats aren't everything, read too much into them and you will not give the player the credit they are due. Fensoms stats were off the charts at raiders but we all know he wasn't anything more than a fringe first grader. Frank is the reverse in my opinion. He's been great on the edge and had some match winning plays in defence and attack.

I agree they are weak links in our team but Siro more than Frank. Frank has done some very good things in attack and defense. iv noticed we tweak the way we play for different teams. against the broncos we didn't use our 2nd rowers as much as other games. I like Frank he's a big man and looks like he loves playing for the boys. Siro looks like he's there to show off his dumb tatts. we should go after the following..
cordner
Crichton
Josh Jackson
Gillet

anyone think of others?
and then Siro can be a back up

I agree they are weak links in our team but Siro more than Frank. Frank has done some very good things in attack and defense. iv noticed we tweak the way we play for different teams. against the broncos we didn't use our 2nd rowers as much as other games. I like Frank he's a big man and looks like he loves playing for the boys. Siro looks like he's there to show off his dumb tatts. we should go after the following..
cordner
Crichton
Josh Jackson
Gillet

anyone think of others?
Most of those are under contract for a while, I think? Nelson Asofa is one we should def have a crack at. Billy Bainbridge would be my preferred option to come into the 17 and see what he's got once he gets a few games under his belt. If we are looking into '18 and beyond, Coen Hess, Joel Thompson, Korbin Sims, Josh Papali...

cordner
Crichton
Josh Jackson
Gillet

anyone think of others?

But Sirro and Frank combined in salary would come up short on all but Crichton right now and his next contract will probably be worth more as well.

Most of those are under contract for a while, I think? Nelson Asofa is one we should def have a crack at. Billy Bainbridge would be my preferred option to come into the 17 and see what he's got once he gets a few games under his belt. If we are looking into '18 and beyond, Coen Hess, Joel Thompson, Korbin Sims, Josh Papali...
oh if we got big pappa I would be so happy he the best back rower in the game right now and Hess is a machine but I doubt he'll leave. The big storm player re signed didn't he? of not then for sure.
Jackson might get told to leave as the dogs need to manage there cap. cordner is off contract I'm pretty sure. We have the money to chase a fee good players and one rep player. imagine big pappa running off cherry instead of siro.

But Sirro and Frank combined in salary would come up short on all but Crichton right now and his next contract will probably be worth more as well.
ah but next year we will have the snake and matai money to afford them. We should re sign Frank Imo he's been good for us but does need to do more in some games but as I said above it could be a game plan

ah but next year we will have the snake and matai money to afford them. We should re sign Frank Imo he's been good for us but does need to do more in some games but as I said above it could be a game plan

Imo it's Barrett's game plan currently.
Their main job is to help protect DCE and Green defensivley and their attack takes a back seat - to keep the house in order is priority no. 1.
Yes they are left and right 2nd rowers but DCE and Green aren't stationed on either side in attack, nor are Kelly and Walker on a few occasions.
A lot of our attack is turning it back inside for Tom too.
Our first three hit ups after a kick is generally Tom, Uate and Jorge so they don't do a lot of work to hopefully keep them fresh for when it's really needed.

Imo it's Barrett's game plan currently.
Their main job is to help protect DCE and Green defensivley and their attack takes a back seat - to keep the house in order is priority no. 1.
Yes they are left and right 2nd rowers but DCE and Green aren't stationed on either side in attack, nor are Kelly and Walker on a few occasions.
A lot of our attack is turning it back inside for Tom too.
Our first three hit ups after a kick is generally Tom, Uate and Jorge so they don't do a lot of work to hopefully keep them fresh for when it's really needed.
yea and sometimes walker and Kelly will get in there which is smart as they can produce fast play the balls. we make big meters so it obviously works. Barrett knows the game well see against the Raiders we kept kicking put so there back 3 couldn't get involved and then there big boys have to make more carries getting them tired. worked for the Knights on Sunday and worked for us.. I approve of Barrett and people forget we hae 1.2 million on the sidelines.. I'm worried about no Tommy. dce needs to step up and make more runs throw some dummys like he used to. He used to be so much better I dunno what happened to him. even cut out passes close to the line he was the best at it. Now iv not seen 1 from him for an age it seems

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8