Foxtel Sports package increase

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
wait till they start showing ads unless you 'upgrade to premium'.

-or do they already do that?

Just been reading comments about Foxtel's price rise, 55 comments all saying they'll cancel their subscription. Well if this is going to be the case, I'd wait a month to wheel and deal. They could lose about half of their subscribers by then.

I spoke to foxtel today and the new platinum package now gives me movies and the kiddies channels and its costing me $5 extra per month. Sounds like a good deal

Because i have the iQ5 box which is just streaming ( which works well ) not like kayo i will pay $70 per month for platinum. If you are off cable and don’t have a satellite dish there is no way you should be paying a $100 a month as foxtels on costs are significantly reduced….

I did exactly that.
They gave me the basic package and threw in sport to keep me from disconnecting.

Although my main reason for having sport is the NRL, not having soccer or tennis is a big negative.
How they can keep reducing the content and keep increasing the price is beyond me. They've got more front than a rat with a gold tooth as my old man used to say.
I called them up yesterday and asked when my contract was up and it ends in June but the only added extra fee for me at the moment is 5 bucks but that will change when my contract is up and I said to the bloke that I will probably cancel my subscription when my current contract is up because I wont be able to afford to keep it going, He then told me to ring back up when my contract is just about up and we might be able to negotiate a better deal for you, We will see

I did exactly that.
They gave me the basic package and threw in sport to keep me from disconnecting.

Although my main reason for having sport is the NRL, not having soccer or tennis is a big negative.
How they can keep reducing the content and keep increasing the price is beyond me. They've got more front than a rat with a gold tooth as my old man used to say.
Yes the secret is to actually be certain you want to disconnect.
I have said to them multiple times disconnect me I didn't call up for a discount I simply want to disconnect and they try their best o keep you. I have always been prepared to disconnect the service which only helps me with the negotiations.
With having Foxtel for 20 years I don't want to pay allot for the NRL service because that is all I use. Years ago they let you put the service on hold while the NRL was in the off season and then they stopped that as well. A few years ago I had asked them if they could remove the foxtel dish from my roof as well as If I disconnected I didn't want that on my roof. They will always give you half price if you are convinced you will actually disconnect their service. They have a disconnection team that is really a keep them connected team. Mention to the AI on the phone 'disconnection' and you will be put through to the retention team.

Just to add I also received a 50 percent off Kayo email as well for three months and I did have Kayo for free for one year as I am a Telstra customer which enabled me to test out Kayo and found it inferior. I had mentioned that to the Foxtel people that I could access free/discounted Kayo. Get your discounts from Foxtel :)

Last edited:
You guys should do as one of the posters above had said ring Foxtel up and ask to cancel as you cannot afford the increase. They will lock the deal in for you for 12 months if you persist otherwise they sometimes only do the offer for 6 months. I get the basic package and HD sport for about $55 per month. Kayo is terrible I find in comparison and with kids using the internet these days I would have tp up the internet speed and pay more anyway. Negotiate hard and they will buckle otherwise cancel Foxtel upgrade your internet and make the jump.

Yeah i have done this in the past, i guess its time to play the game again.

Will ring next week.

Yeah i have done this in the past, i guess its time to play the game again.

Will ring next week.
See, I resent having to play the game at all. There shouldn't be different tiers of customers - new vs old; those that ring up and haggle and those that don't. Foxtel should offer a good service at a fair price, and everybody who wants that service should pay that price.

I'm too impatient these days to be arsed spending time on the telephone (an antiquated idea in itself) haggling with somebody in Manila to keep the deal I thought I was locked into. I ditched Telstra as an ISP for the same reason and never looked back.

Mind you, there's plenty of competition in the ISP/telephony space. It doesn't help that Foxtel's only real competition in the market (Kayo) is essentially themselves.

Last edited:
See, I resent having the play the game at all. There shouldn't be different tiers of customers - new vs old; those that ring up and haggle and those that don't. Foxtel should offer a good service at a fair price, and everybody who wants that service should pay that price.

I'm too impatient these days to be arsed spending time on the telephone (an antiquated idea in itself) haggling with somebody in Manila to keep the deal I thought I was locked into. I ditched Telstra as an ISP for the same reason and never looked back.

Mind you, there's plenty of competition in the ISP/telephony space. It doesn't help that Foxtel's only real competition in the market (Kayo) is essentially themselves.
Pretty spot on REG, what really gets me going are the generous discounts for new subscribers and absolutely nothing for long time Foxtel users like myself. I'm waiting for the many thousands that are ready to ditch Foxtel after this month, should give me some bargaining power on negotiating a deal that suits me.

Pretty spot on REG, what really gets me going are the generous discounts for new subscribers and absolutely nothing for long time Foxtel users like myself. I'm waiting for the many thousands that are ready to ditch Foxtel after this month, should give me some bargaining power on negotiating a deal that suits me.
I'm the same, l actually tell them I'm ringing again to ask for something that l should be getting anyway - a better deal.
When l'm on hold l get the usual message "thanks for being a Dismond customer..." so when l ask for a discount l bring up the old " so l'm a Diamond customer but l pay more than a "new" customer, what business does that?" We then play the back and forth game again before l say "so how about l disconnect and then get my wife to request a new service?"
Again the back and forth.
It's an unnecessary game that you need to be prepared play every year.
I'd be stuffed without my Foxtel IQ.

I'm the same, l actually tell them I'm ringing again to ask for something that l should be getting anyway - a better deal.
When l'm on hold l get the usual message "thanks for being a Dismond customer..." so when l ask for a discount l bring up the old " so l'm a Diamond customer but l pay more than a "new" customer, what business does that?" We then play the back and forth game again before l say "so how about l disconnect and then get my wife to request a new service?"
Again the back and forth.
It's an unnecessary game that you need to be prepared play every year.
I'd be stuffed without my Foxtel IQ.
Same here, especially for recording it's so convenient. I'll probably wait a while before doing the dance with them again. Shame 9 hasn't got the full right's to televise every game. I also have another problem, a tree branch from Storm about 5yrs ago destroyed our tv ariel. The Satellite dish is now the tv ariel, more money to spend..lol.

See, I resent having to play the game at all. There shouldn't be different tiers of customers - new vs old; those that ring up and haggle and those that don't. Foxtel should offer a good service at a fair price, and everybody who wants that service should pay that price.

Agreed.

'over here' - there's no contract. You can start and end when you want to, and add/remove channels as much as you want. It's just Australia getting digitally screwed over yet again.

Agreed.

'over here' - there's no contract. You can start and end when you want to, and add/remove channels as much as you want. It's just Australia getting digitally screwed over yet again.
Unlike us BC'ers getting screwed on housing ,hydro & groceries..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8