Foxtel Sports package increase

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Just got a letter from Foxtel saying the basic package is now $70 + Sports from $25 to now $30
that's $100 an increase to me of $30.
Has anybody else received the dreaded letter yet.

Take a look at our latest Pricing and Packaging structure as shown below.
image.png

This is direct from foxtel website your letter is correct

Just got a letter from Foxtel saying the basic package is now $70 + Sports from $25 to now $30
that's $100 an increase to me of $30.
Has anybody else received the dreaded letter yet.
Yeah ours did similar but the movie’s package is now rolled into the sports package and they’ve increased our bill by $25 a month.When these things happen,which it regularly does with Foxtel,we just ring them up,sit on hold for over a hour and threaten to leave,they normally back down and negotiate a cheaper price.We’ll see how it goes this time

Yep I got it.

I am not happy..

But I am going to pay it.

PS I just saved $560 off my mobile phone bill per year, so that will cover my Foxtel increase.

Yeah ours did similar but the movie’s package is now rolled into the sports package and they’ve increased our bill by $25 a month.When these things happen,which it regularly does with Foxtel,we just ring them up,sit on hold for over a hour and threaten to leave,they normally back down and negotiate a cheaper price.We’ll see how it goes this time
Yeah, what suits them. I'll do the same also, threaten to leave then hopefully get a reduced price offer. It's always a bit of cat and mouse when angling for a better deal from the call centre people. The biggest negative losing Foxtel are the recording features and all the other streaming services connected to it, it's so darn convenient tho.

If anyone's contemplating a change to Kayo, Amazon are offering 15% off Kayo gift cards at the moment (the discount shows up when you get to the checkout). Link is here: Amazon.com.au: : All Departments
I read somewhere that Kayo is included in all AFL memberships ...or they get a huge discount. Something anyway.
The price of Foxtel compared to every other streaming service is outrageous

Yep I got it.

I am not happy..

But I am going to pay it.

PS I just saved $560 off my mobile phone bill per year, so that will cover my Foxtel increase.
That's a good way to think about it, I've got a small spot to take out of my head they'll charge me $400, go to a bulk bill Doctor $0. There's my extra $'s for the Sports package.

You guys should do as one of the posters above had said ring Foxtel up and ask to cancel as you cannot afford the increase. They will lock the deal in for you for 12 months if you persist otherwise they sometimes only do the offer for 6 months. I get the basic package and HD sport for about $55 per month. Kayo is terrible I find in comparison and with kids using the internet these days I would have tp up the internet speed and pay more anyway. Negotiate hard and they will buckle otherwise cancel Foxtel upgrade your internet and make the jump.

You guys should do as one of the posters above had said ring Foxtel up and ask to cancel as you cannot afford the increase. They will lock the deal in for you for 12 months if you persist otherwise they sometimes only do the offer for 6 months. I get the basic package and HD sport for about $55 per month. Kayo is terrible I find in comparison and with kids using the internet these days I would have tp up the internet speed and pay more anyway. Negotiate hard and they will buckle otherwise cancel Foxtel upgrade your internet and make the jump.
I did this for about 2years until I canned Fox Al together.

Must say I don’t agree re Kayo comparison. Ive had an issue maybe once or twice. Was hesitant to change initially but glad I did now. For other entertainment we just share streaming services between family members.

I haven't had Foxtel for a few years but never paid for price.

When I last had it I signed up to a promotional deal that was at a heavily reduced price.
When that contract was expiring I rang up to cancel and got that deal extended for 12 months.

I did this for close to 10 years and always got 40-50% off the price for the next 6 or 12 months.
When I finally did leave they still tried to get me to stay at a 50% off deal.

I haven't had Foxtel for a few years but never paid for price.

When I last had it I signed up to a promotional deal that was at a heavily reduced price.
When that contract was expiring I rang up to cancel and got that deal extended for 12 months.

I did this for close to 10 years and always got 40-50% off the price for the next 6 or 12 months.
When I finally did leave they still tried to get me to stay at a 50% off deal.
Yep was the same they kept offering me the deals to keep me locked in. They are like a cult! Once you’re in they make it very hard to leave.

Sometimes it depends on who you get on the phone. The hard negotiators try to get you as near to the actual package deal while others will knock off a third or more of the deal. For an excuse I've used, "got laid of work" that usually gets a sympathetic response.

Ring them up and have a whinge, new customers are gettng it cheaper. I rang them and asked why a new customer can get it cheaper while loyal customer get shafted, so they gave me a discounts and I'm getting it much cheaper.

Update to this-wife say on hold for a hour and said we can’t afford the $25 increase and would have to cancel.They said hang on we’ll see what we can do and they came back with an increase of just $1 on what we’re already paying and the movie channels came with it.So moral of the story is to threaten to cancel subscription and they’ll bend over

I did exactly that.
They gave me the basic package and threw in sport to keep me from disconnecting.

Although my main reason for having sport is the NRL, not having soccer or tennis is a big negative.
How they can keep reducing the content and keep increasing the price is beyond me. They've got more front than a rat with a gold tooth as my old man used to say.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8