Forwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we didn't concede a lot of the errors the tigers wouldn't have scored as many points we were on the back foot the whole game.

I'm certain we won't make as many errors next week,the sharks are in for a long afternoon.

Hasson and Starling are plodders and a couple of the young blokes aren't quite ready. I count about 7 or 8 guys competing for a front row spot and we are still hunting for blokes like Mexico(who I think would have been worth a punt especially under the new rules ).

Logic says the fact we are still in the market clearly shows Tooves isn't happy with his current stocks. It is our main weakness. Lawrence is great and Kingy /Lui are first graders but that's about it. Plodders and future talent make up the rest.

Our 80 minute back rowers are doing so much work as a result and it may bite us later.Every side has a weak area and we are lucky we have so many gifted players that keep us right in the hunt.

I don't understand how you can describe Hasson as a "plodder". He only gets a few minutes game time and seems to me to make good impact. I was surprised that he was dropped to Reserves for the Tigers match. I notice he scored a try, but don;t know how well he played. I think he shows promise.

Bit harsh on Starling I think. I have thought it was BJ a few times in the hardness he has run until i saw his number in the tackle.

Hasson has been a dissappointment for me this year, I thought he would be much improved.

Flip side is JSL looks to be really hitting his straps and if he keeps improving we have a keeper

starling hasn't inmpressed once this year.
done a job, but nothing special and not sure he's a typical "manly" forward?

joeboy said:
I think we could do with Jayden hodges on the bench for a twenty minute stint.. Ballin is a great defender and brilliant passer, but just not fast enough to take advantage of the new ruck and how it is governed. Farah tore us too shreds yesterday.

Most teams run with two hookers, I think we should give it a shot

joeboy said:
I think we could do with Jayden hodges on the bench for a twenty minute stint.. Ballin is a great defender and brilliant passer, but just not fast enough to take advantage of the new ruck and how it is governed. Farah tore us too shreds yesterday.

Most teams run with two hookers, I think we should give it a shot

It worked in 07/08 with LeStrange playing the second half all season.

I'm not yet sold on any of our new pack yet. Best that can be said is a few show promise. All good packs have a standout "enforcer' King is assuming that role but not convinced that that is sustainable. A fit and in form Gift would make a huge difference.

The losses by Souff's and the rorters puts our wins against them into perspective.

Don't get your knickers in a knot feathered friends . The same pack did the job against the Roosters and the Rabbits . Watch them go next game !!! :)

I no longer think Horo is the third best back rower at the club. Prove me wrong, Justin. Prove me wrong!

Stevo said:
I no longer think Horo is the third best back rower at the club. Prove me wrong, Justin. Prove me wrong!

Agreed he has done nothing so far this year, he's runs are slow and defence isn't that great. I'd have T Red playing his position.

Next weeks game against the Sharks is a danger game for us lose and we are out of the top 8. I don't like it when we are massive favourites we seem to play poorly.

He drops a lot of football too. He's not the player he was last year. I'm afraid there may have been a reason he was punted from the eels.

Hodges needs to play FG, and soon. He is a class above NSW Cup. Back 15-20 minutes of each half would be ideal. Buhrer unfortunately drops off for mine.

JSL needs to stay on the bench. Him and Matai were the only two to worry the Tigers on Sunday, but I think JSL needs to be an impact sub, not starting.

Harrison in for Horo, if Horo cant improve his hands.

Hasson is anything but a plodder but his hands let him down too at times.

Horo will start all year and should do. Anyone who cant see what he does for the side should change seeing eye dogs.

Harrison is and always will be a reserve grader. Hasson,Harrison and Starling would struggle to make the bench in any side in the NRL so we DONT need all 3 out there.

Disagree RE Harrison.

He is Horo, but with better hands and a bigger impact running at the defensive line. Horo probably shades Harrison in defence, especially in cover.

TBH probably very similar style players, but would like to see Harrison given a crack in this team soon, and we shouldn't play both at the same time.

He has been at parra, here, parra and back without doing anything. Why will he suddenly emerge from the shadows as a first grader. Horo always had the raw talent as was obvious in 09 and we have put the polish on him.

It is not a discussion point anyway.Horo is extremely highly rated by the staff and players and Harrison would not even be mentioned in the same breath at the selection table.

Central Coast Eagle said:
KaZa said:
Jatz Crackers said:
KaZa said:
Our starting 17 by finals time could be very different with regards to the forwards.

Will there be room enough on the field though ?

yes because the others drop out of the side. How it usually works i think :shy:

If we START 17 players in the finals I don't expect us to last very long....

Geez have to spell it out for some of you lot. :p

Our best 1-17.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6