Forwards Not As Mobile...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Townsville Eagle

Reserve Grader
It seems to me that our forward pack is getting bigger but is this costing us mobility and therefore allowing cheap tries against us as we don't scramble as well.

Townsville Eagle said:
Ceagle said:
We need to rest some players imo

You may be right but at the moment we cant afford to. We must win one more game to be assured of second spot which will really be a bonus in the finals.
If Newcastle win on Monday we have pretty much wrapped up 2nd spot.

Ceagle said:
Townsville Eagle said:
Ceagle said:
We need to rest some players imo

You may be right but at the moment we cant afford to. We must win one more game to be assured of second spot which will really be a bonus in the finals.
If Newcastle win on Monday we have pretty much wrapped up 2nd spot.

Not confident that Newcastle can beat the Broncos but you are right. A win there would seal it but it might come down to the last round. Winner takes secons.

We looked lethargic and disjointed in the 1st half and a bit better in the 2nd half thanks to T-Rex. Lyon MOM by a long way imo.

Funny, but for mine the unheralded players are doing the job (Lussick, Williams, Rose & co.)

Dead set, when Kitey blew it off the kick off, I thought we were toast.

Then again, we lifted, as we have all season. Jeez, Des is a gift from God.

Our forwards aren't bashing other packs at the moment.

Promising sign though noticed in the second half that Choc might be ready to explode come finals time.

Yes we have had a pretty major disruption losing King but at least we have time to regroup and I am very confident that by the time the finals roll around Rose,Lussick,Big Joe,T Rex and Buhrer are going to be ready to give it their all. My only worry is Kite and Choc. We really need them to lead the young guys and inspire them but sometimes they are the ones who committ the stupid errors that can cost us.

I don't think we lost too much to them up the middle today. They got through and around our LHS more. I thought Lussick was pretty good today, showed some ability.

I totally disagree that our forwards are not mobile. Mobility is what won us the match today. Canterbury has the biggest team in the comp, and bashed us, but we absorbed the punishment and using our speed and deception won the match. I marvel at how reasonably small players such as Glenn, Chock, Balin, Rodney, Joe can handle such big monsters, and then run them off their feet.
Mobility is one of our weapons.

swoop said:
We looked lethargic and disjointed in the 1st half and a bit better in the 2nd half thanks to T-Rex. Lyon MOM by a long way imo.
I was at the game and Manly didn't look lethargic at all in the first half. Disjointed somewhat, agreed.

Remember that one Dishlicker try was off an intercept that didn't need to be thrown, another was awarded after Robertson was pushed off the ball by the guy that looks like the chimp with the goofy wig from 'Lost in Space' (Idris). That try should have at least been reviewed by the video ref.

When we held them out for 10 minutes with only 12 men, you knew somehow that Manly were going to prevail.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2