Forward Passes and Hot Potatoes...........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
It might be just me getting old and needing to see spec savers...Although ...

The amount of forward passes per game let go particularly from Dummy seems to increase each year, Scam is the master and now it’s getting way out of hand. Tries are being scored and huge meters made of the back of them and yet we seem to cop a few penalties.Lo behold a game when 1 team is copping it more than the other. I know camera angles can be deceiving but even blatant ones are let go

Are refs turning a blind eye to forward passes from dummy half to speed up play ?

If so they then, on the opposite side of coin as soon as a ball hits the deck, blow a knock on regardless if went back .

Try educating new fans while watching a game, it is a challenge.....As soon as you say why a penalty or scrum is ... well you get the idea

With modern tech would GPS chips in the balls help or would it slow down play too much for that fair call and wait for it........wait.....................................consistency ?

Thoughts

Since bringing in the second on field ref, things like forward passes are increasingly missed. The second ref basically made the touchies redundant. The touchies should be given back the responsibility of calling forward passes, because the 2 refs don’t seem capable of managing all the responsibilities the 1 ref used to manage

Since bringing in the second on field ref, things like forward passes are increasingly missed. The second ref basically made the touchies redundant. The touchies should be given back the responsibility of calling forward passes, because the 2 refs don’t seem capable of managing all the responsibilities the 1 ref used to manage

Or we could simply slow the ruck down again.
We only needed the 2 refs once we started playing the Superleague/BillHarrigan vision of touch footy.

You've got to remember the powers that be, see what they want to see when it suits them depending on how close the game is or isn't and it comes down to who they want to win look how close the top 8 were at the end of last year.

giphy.gif

Spot on, have touchies actually been directed not to call forward passes ? It looks that way

It might be just me getting old and needing to see spec savers...Although ...

The amount of forward passes per game let go particularly from Dummy seems to increase each year, Scam is the master and now it’s getting way out of hand. Tries are being scored and huge meters made of the back of them and yet we seem to cop a few penalties.Lo behold a game when 1 team is copping it more than the other. I know camera angles can be deceiving but even blatant ones are let go

Are refs turning a blind eye to forward passes from dummy half to speed up play ?

If so they then, on the opposite side of coin as soon as a ball hits the deck, blow a knock on regardless if went back .

Try educating new fans while watching a game, it is a challenge.....As soon as you say why a penalty or scrum is ... well you get the idea

With modern tech would GPS chips in the balls help or would it slow down play too much for that fair call and wait for it........wait.....................................consistency ?

Thoughts
Don't start me on this one mate.
It's another scum implementation where the so called experts and media bum lickers like Kent say oh Melbourne are the best at turning the game to sh*t.
Smith started it's all good...

Don't start me on this one mate.
It's another scum implementation where the so called experts and media bum lickers like Kent say oh Melbourne are the best at turning the game to sh*t.
Smith started it's all good...

My apologies, I didn't mean to rev you up specially as they are playing now haha. Hold the phone Warriors are in.

It’s absolute madness. One ref is 10m behind the attacking team, the other parked 10m forward on the defensive line, with the touchies level with the actual play and by far in the best position to make forward pass calls.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8