Forward passengers - amazing statistics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
How is it that Manly gets three players in the Top 20 hit-up merchants. One prop and two backrowers:

There are thirteen forwards in the list below. Three of them from Manly.

Seven forwards in the Top 10 - 3 from Manly.

Too few blokes carrying the workload while the likes of Princess and friends bludge on the sideline.

Top 20 Hitups
262 Ben Kennedy
259 Brian Carney
254 Luke Patten
250 Lance Thompson
249 Clinton Schifcofske
245 Shane Tronc
243 Petero Civoniceva
237 Steve Price
236 Anthony Watmough
236 Brent Kite

234 Roy Asotasi
231 Awen Guttenbeil
231 John Skandalis
228 Joel Clinton
227 Willie Mason
226 David Simmons
225 Brent Webb
223 Rhys Wesser
222 Shane Webcke
219 Matthew Bowen

Oh, and Travis Burns is one of only three backs in the Top 20 tacklers list.

Poor bloke keeps having to mop up what the bludgers miss.

Reece Williams (Sharks) is 20th behind Burns.

Lincoln Withers Raiders is the other, though I think he's playing a bit of lock isn't he?

mata i think you will find the coach decides when players come on - and with 5 props in the side there isnt going to be too much game time achieved especially when he gives kite a lot (rightfully so now)

Your avatar has a new meaning with the amazing political events of the past 24 hours Fluffy............

I'm not sure who the other 2 backs are, but i suspect that they are probably defensively strong 5/8's like Burns (guessing maybe Anasta and Jason Smith, I don't know). Guys like Preston Campbell who gets hidden on a wing, and Lockyer who gets a guardian angel by his side are never going to be in the top 20. This isn't necessarily a reflection on Burns' need to "mop up", it's more a reflection on the fact that he is defensively sound and doesn't shirk the tackling duties in and around the ruck that other backs might. Also let's face it he doesn't need to save himself for the attacking part of his game as it is virtually non-existant.

Ok so it's Williams and Withers, both of whom play more of a forward role or utility off the bench

If the Manly Daily had any gumptiopn and didn't just regurgitate the vomit they get fed, there'd be a great story in these stats.

kite, BK and watmough have played the most minutes far more than any other forward has played this year - but that wouldnt make any difference now would it

Within reason - Des is the one who chooses the amount of game time and when someone plays. With 5 Props in a team you are hardly likely to end up on the top of the stats unless the coach plays you far more than the average

Your excuse would hold water if it wasn't so flaming obvious that the other blokes generally aren't up to it.

Des is forced to use BK, Choc, Beaver and Kite far too much than he should because there is no depth and the 17 is polluted by soft shirkers like King.

Do you honestly believe that King would rush for 200 metres in a game if BK, Beaver, Choc and Kite were all injured at the same time?

Pull the other one, it plays jingle bells.

I think Des uses some bench players WAY too little. But that's just me, and has nothing to do with this topic I guess.

We all saw how Willow added more with his defence with more game time.

Leuluai was on for about 15-20 minutes? Just weird. And he replaced Kite after 15-20 minutes !!!

King didn't get enough field time to MAKE the metres we are all talking about.

Bryant appears to be on very, very little time.

Rose doesn't get enough game time either.

Surely there are better ways of playing these players. Dunley also only got about 25 minutes or something !!!

I reckon if King got 65+ minutes, he'd probably break the 100+ metres.

It would make sense to use Kite on the field for most of the game if he is going to make 150+ metres a game, wouldn’t it?

Then the other 3 props aren’t going to have high numbers due to really only interchanging amongst themselves.

It’s not Des’ fault that Kite is showing his ability this year. As long as he isn’t a liability in defence due to fatigue, then keep him on to make the metres.

In no way am I saying “If rolls were reversed and King played 65mins then he would make 150+ yards” as he ain’t the quality of Kite. If you measured metres to game time and averaged it out then it may paint a different story.

But then I could see the response already lined up ‘King makes his yards from kick returns’. They aren’t counted as hit ups, nor when he goes to the line and passes the ball.

I know that is such a crazy idea, but hey….to me it makes sense

If the Manly Daily had any gumptiopn and didn't just regurgitate the vomit they get fed, there'd be a great story in these stats.

Do you have to find a conspiracy theory with everything. All local papers paint their local side in a good light. It is the nature and to a point the mission of the "local rag". They are preaching to, in the main a converted audience. I thought you would have a better undertsanding of them (The Manly Daily) providing their customers with what they want.

The type of journalism you are talking about is more suited to a broadsheet, maybe you should talk to your Walkley Award winning journo mate.

Do you honestly believe that King would rush for 200 metres in a game if BK, Beaver, Choc and Kite were all injured at the same time?

200m - no
150m - yes if he played the time kite does - he usually goes metre for metre early on and both have 35 - 50 on the board at first interchange (usually king is first off too)

Kite gets to run in the last 10 minutes of the game most game, King does not - surely running at a tired defence is going to add to your metres - or do you think otherwise because it just wouldnt suprise me at all if you did.

Look back before city country when King was getting proper game time. He was making 140m in a game.

A good indication of game time is total tackles attempted (including missed ones mata)

king attempted 10
Kite 19
Bryant 15
Rose 12
lulu 4

Says to me kite saw at least half as much time again as king, possibly more and lulu saw very little time

You would

[quote author=Matabele]

Do you have to find a conspiracy theory with everything. All local papers paint their local side in a good light. It is the nature and to a point the mission of the "local rag". They are preaching to, in the main a converted audience. I thought you would have a better undertsanding of them (The Manly Daily) providing their customers with what they want.

The type of journalism you are talking about is more suited to a broadsheet, maybe you should talk to your Walkley Award winning journo mate.
[/quote]

That statements contradicts your previous ad naseum comments about Manly's supporter base not living on the Northern Beaches, or fitting that demographic.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

What is it to be?

The Northern Beaches populace couldn't give a rats about Manly because they're discussing the Bledisloe.

Or the Manly Daily regurgitates vomit.

And you should see how the local papers out in the country go ballistic on their sides when they don't perform.

I have never said that Manly do not have support in the Northern Beaches and the Daily provide appropriate reporting to the local residents.

Are you agenda's so driven that you cannot accept the fact that a local paper provides support to the local team?

You've just contradicted your agendas Pete. And done so with a lame phurphy that local papers aren't critical of their patch.

That's a nonsense.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4