Forward Pass nightmare

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Enigma

Reserve Grader
I watched the game last night at a pub with a very loud band playing and heard none of the commentry. We seemed to score two tries the first of which would be allowed more often than not, and may have been forward and the second one I did not even imagine a forward pass was on the radar. Of course the standard response to this situation is always that the other team would have won anyway. Maybe and maybe not. What if the Broncos first two tries were disallowed on some mythical grounds and our two were allowed? Up 12 nil maybe we win maybe we do not. My main point is and I am sure it has been discussed before is why can't the bunker make a ruling on a forward pass and if they determine that they can't tell because of angles and such fair enough. I have heard the reasoning but in many cases a try is awarded or disallowed as in the GF against Easts and the game last night when everyone knows the truth but we have to pretend that we can't tell. One thing I can say is virtually every time a forward pass is thrown the opposition throw their arms in the air. If dopey refs or touchies do not know what one is they could cheat a little and watch for arms in the air.

I counted 4 maybe 5 forward passes by the donkys ... none ruled on of course yet we have a try at a crucial time, disallowed from a refereeing error .... or was it in the Nein Greeneel script

I watched the game last night at a pub with a very loud band playing and heard none of the commentry. We seemed to score two tries the first of which would be allowed more often than not, and may have been forward and the second one I did not even imagine a forward pass was on the radar. Of course the standard response to this situation is always that the other team would have won anyway. Maybe and maybe not. What if the Broncos first two tries were disallowed on some mythical grounds and our two were allowed? Up 12 nil maybe we win maybe we do not. My main point is and I am sure it has been discussed before is why can't the bunker make a ruling on a forward pass and if they determine that they can't tell because of angles and such fair enough. I have heard the reasoning but in many cases a try is awarded or disallowed as in the GF against Easts and the game last night when everyone knows the truth but we have to pretend that we can't tell. One thing I can say is virtually every time a forward pass is thrown the opposition throw their arms in the air. If dopey refs or touchies do not know what one is they could cheat a little and watch for arms in the air.

The bunker can't rule on forward passes as the CNRL needs some subjectivity in certain rule interpretations so they can be manipulated to their agenda of rewarding 'fairytale' teams.

The one that Horsehead pulled up when Wright scored in the corner... Fmd wasn't even line ball!! Horsehead has dead set called that from a 45° and 10m away. The touchy who was bang on it let it go ffs..

Was out last night so missed the game just saw a replay of the forward pass that is one of the worst calls I have ever seen. Who knows what might have happened at 12-6

The one that Horsehead pulled up when Wright scored in the corner... Fmd wasn't even line ball!! Horsehead has dead set called that from a 45° and 10m away. The touchy who was bang on it let it go ffs..
It was the touchys call mate. He stayed in the field of play and right on the spot it happened.

Was out last night so missed the game just saw a replay of the forward pass that is one of the worst calls I have ever seen. Who knows what might have happened at 12-6
Yeah we were the better team in the back end of the second half. Half time killed us but it may have been a dfferent story at 12-6

It doesn't matter because it's Manly. Not even rated a mention on any footy shows. However if it was the anointed ones then there'd be a full inquiry ordered by Turdy.

ExACTLY - thought the same thing. If it were The Storm, heads would be asked to be rolled. Channel 9 are just a pack of biased arse holes. We'd be doing much better given a fair shake with scheduling, penalties, the referees etc.

I hate the NRL - with a passion - lead by the worst bloke I could ever imagine.

Serious? Well he's a f*ckwit as well then..

I don't think the touchy made the call. He stopped on the spot to try to get a view of the put down. After getting the nod from the touchy that the put down was good horsehead called the forward pass from in goal and 10 meters away. Hopefully the club asks for clarification.
All for the bunker making a call on obvious forward passes. Anything that reduces refs making biased calls that can't be questioned.

@rosco that is what I thought too. The touchie was looking at whether Wright stayed infield and was about 3 or 4 metres behind the play. Horsehead was in the in-goal area 5 metres ahead of the play and 10 metres away where he was no chance of seeing if the ball went forward or not and if you watch the replay he only called it forward once Wright scored.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but Horsehead knew exactly what he was doing with that call.....

I wonder, if because Souffs got away with a forward pass to beat the CNRL's darling cheats on Friday night, did the league do their usual thing and change the interpretation overnight and tell the refs to call anything that was close to line ball when a try was scored?

For all of that though, the way we were in the second half I doubt it would have changed the end result other than maybe the scoreline.

Last edited:
I don't think the touchy made the call. He stopped on the spot to try to get a view of the put down. After getting the nod from the touchy that the put down was good horsehead called the forward pass from in goal and 10 meters away. Hopefully the club asks for clarification.
All for the bunker making a call on obvious forward passes. Anything that reduces refs making biased calls that can't be questioned.
I was sure Horsehead made the call.. Either way they're both cheating whores and should be drawn and quartered.

Forward passes drive me nuts . . . from way before the one that cost us the 2013 gf. Dummy half forward passes are just a blight on the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in Rugby Union the ball must travel backwards. In rugby league the ball must be passed backwards. This is why the Vidiot ref can't rule on forward passes.

In rugby union (yes I know, who cares) the TMO will rule on forward passes because he ball must travel backwards.

In League it's a total cluster**** as usual. Ball must go backwards from the hands . . . high school physics will tell anyone that a ball can be passed backwards and travel forwards with the passers momentum. Do we even want to consider wind???

Can the ****ing rule!! Change it to ball must go back.

Never gonna happen . . . It's one of multiple rules the NRL can employ objectivity over and change a games result with nothing but here say and innuendo to discuss.

Forward passes drive me nuts . . . from way before the one that cost us the 2013 gf. Dummy half forward passes are just a blight on the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in Rugby Union the ball must travel backwards. In rugby league the ball must be passed backwards. This is why the Vidiot ref can't rule on forward passes.

In rugby union (yes I know, who cares) the TMO will rule on forward passes because he ball must travel backwards.

In League it's a total cluster**** as usual. Ball must go backwards from the hands . . . high school physics will tell anyone that a ball can be passed backwards and travel forwards with the passers momentum. Do we even want to consider wind???

Can the ****ing rule!! Change it to ball must go back.

Never gonna happen . . . It's one of multiple rules the NRL can employ objectivity over and change a games result with nothing but here say and innuendo to discuss.
I was unaware of the Union rule. For sure it would raise more controversy with the video ref but it just seems a massive pity that we can watch the replay of a so called try and then we have to all pretend that we can not tell a blatant forward pass from a proper one. Surely they can put an electronic type device in the ball that alerts the ref when the ball starts off travelling forward. The other GF that comes to mind was a Jim Dymock pass that gave the dogs the lead in a grand final. It was pathetically forward

Because I could not hear the sound , The attitude of the ref was even clearer. He looked like he was teaching us some sort of lesson in an ill tempered sort of fashion like it was personal

For mine the bunker or video ref or whatever they want to be called should be able to call on forward passes.

If they can judge that a player is on or offside on the 20 metre line from a camera situated back on halfway and on about a 45° angle to the play, why can't they make a call on a forward pass?

The bad thing about last night was that even from the halfway camera you could see that Cherry's pass to Wright wasn't even close to being forward and the sideline camera confirmed that Wright caught the ball about half a metre behind the point at which DCE passed the ball. It didn't even float forward, yet the bunker even if they wanted to, couldn't say a thing about it to overrule Horsehead's call.

Last edited:
even some of the donky supporters surrounding my son & I agreed we had been dudded!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4