Forward pack next year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With the impending arrival of the Lyon King, have we shot ourselves in the foot by not boosting our forward pack instead? We all know that good, big forward packs win Premierships (see Panthers '03, Dogs '04). Yes, our backline was in need of a major upgrade. I just hope we have the right engine in place too.

yeah we do need to boost the forward pack, but with our back line we should really only have to match other forwards and let the backs do the work.

Last weekend showed in the first 20 how dominent we where but didnt have the backs to get accross the line

i am sure there will be more signings in the forwards to come, i just think Lyon was the catalyst and possibly otheres where waiting to see where he went

We our forward pack could be substainially weaker with BK, Kylie & maybe Bryant going

Hopefully we have enough in the kitty to buy a solid replacement for BK. Other than that, it's up to the youngsters to start performing, ie Rose and Cuthbo, etc. When the Panthers won, it's because all their youngsters (ie Clinton, Waterhouse) made the step up to the next level.

Kite, Rose, Watmough, Menzies, and I'm sure a boom second rower will go great guns. I'm sure we will sign Bryant (which is no big deal).

I almost reckon we'll snag that 2nd rower from St Hellens everyone was talking about earlier in the year. He's played rep footy as well. Forget his name though.

yeah we do need to boost the forward pack, but with our back line we should really only have to match other forwards and let the backs do the work.

Last weekend showed in the first 20 how dominent we where but didnt have the backs to get accross the line

i am sure there will be more signings in the forwards to come, i just think Lyon was the catalyst and possibly otheres where waiting to see where he went

Too true - we were camped down there early and didnt look like we could muster a half chance let alone crack the defence. Jeez i hope we get hime - no more 1 try against matai and twice the attacking power.

my source at the Bulldogs is that Myles is waiting to see how strong the buys are for Manly, Titans. I bet he's also waiting to see if we are desprate enough to pay bigger bucks for him. News is that he's been hanging around Sonny Bill too much, and has an over inflated opinion of his worth to a club. Does not want to geopodise his SOO & Test Football chances to going to a club which cannot allow him to be a dominate force. Can't blame him for that one.

[quote author=Jungle King]

Too true - we were camped down there early and didnt look like we could muster a half chance let alone crack the defence. Jeez i hope we get hime - no more 1 try against matai and twice the attacking power.

[/quote]

Your right guys. The guys on NRL on Fox reckons we are great getting from 20 to 20, but then we break down. Bells injury contributes to that. Imagine Lyon AND Bell !!! Scary !!!

I almost reckon we'll snag that 2nd rower from St Hellens everyone was talking about earlier in the year. He's played rep footy as well. Forget his name though.

Do you mean Fielden? I think he resigned in the UK.

If we sign now one else our next years team i would hope is:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Micheal Robertson
03. Steve Bell
04. Jamie Lyon :)
05. Chris Hicks
06. Travis Burns
07. Matt Orford
08. Jason King
09. Micheal Monoghan
10. Brent Kite
11. Adam Cuthbertson
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Steve Menzies

14. Shane Dunley
15. Mark Bryant
16. George Rose
17. Glenn Stewart

That is if we make NO more signings.

How good will travis burns be by this time next year??? Inside him is Orford outside is either Steve Bell or Jamie Lyon..... that kid is gonna learn from some very handy teachers!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4