Former rugby league internationals launch concussion class action in Great Britain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
A group of former England, Wales and Scotland international rugby league players are to sue the Rugby Football League (RFL), alleging a failure to protect them from the risks caused by head injuries.

Key points:​

• The players allege the RFL owed them "a duty to take reasonable care for their safety"
  • Retired Great Britain international Bobbie Goulding was diagnosed with early-onset dementia this month
  • The effect of concussion is a growing concern in the NRL

More in the article:

A long way from the U K but would think that the James Mc Manus case that failed against the N R L would be a pretty clear precedent . Unless like with the N F L in the U S , where it was quite obvious that the governing body had been aware for some time with some very conclusive scientific evidence available to them that their concussion protocols were essentially lacking duty of care. Have to feel sorry for those generations of footy players who were subject to high hits and shots and in most cases intentional and avoidable and are suffering the consequences now . just part of the game outlook was a pretty poor analogy unfortunately but also unfortunately just the way it was with the more lenient acceptance of the high and body contact shots in past eras .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4