• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What makes you just a punter with no real idea? I read the comments on here and find most are well reasoned even though I don't always agree with them.

We are not sheep that should just sit back and say they know best and keep eating the sh-t sandwiches which are continually being dished up each week.

I don't buy into the argument that "one opinion is mine and the other is wrong" because it ignores outcomes that flow from actions. Ongoing outcomes over 14 or 15 games that create a powerful body of evidence.

So don't let anybody devalue your opinion because it may differ with our failing club and coaching staff.
Oh I wont let anyone devalue my opinion that is for sure. But I realise I don't have any inside knowledge. I don't see what Des does at training. I have no idea what Des sees and wants in players in order to deliver his game plan. I know he has far greater knowledge. I will always certainly have an opinion and I have made my views well known about Croker, Boyle, Jetski, the "error" in playing Walker at fullback, the "error" in the signing of Foran, the non playing of Schuster at 5/8 and not playing Haumole, our terrible kicking game (still we can't put up bombs for our 6 foot 5 winger to score from) etc etc, but again I don't have the knowledge of the whys, the Salary Cap info. We will see what happens for the rest of the year and then who we sign and how we start 2022 and when I have more information I will be better placed to call out Des or pat him on the back. At the moment he has a get out of jail sort of free pass with me given the game changed massively in 2020 and we are locked into contracts that don't finish till the end of this year. Issues that he and the club can't be blamed for based on those same players being great in 2019. I agree that everyone can and should have an opinion... sometimes though it might be worthwhile researching some things and trying to get the facts before commenting. Something I try to do as best as possible.

@Snake Mate you seem to have the inside scoop.. can you tell me what the thinking is playing walker at fb and weakening two positions in doing so? And I just dont get it and how does a guy like croker make it over someone like birt? Or cust for that matter . Cheers mate
So not necessarily my opinion but...
Croker is 9 for two reasons: (a) he trains well and was rewarded for effort during preseason and (b) his defence.

Birt is a rookie so easy to see why he misses out. Cust is more creative but defensively is not always effective.

Walker to fb was about picking the best 17 players and finding them a position on the field. Parker and Suli are regular first graders and to move Walker into the centres and play Harper at 1, someone had to miss out. If it works, Des is a genius, if it fails, it’s terrible coaching. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. It’s an idea and it is a flip of the coin as to the outcome.

Last year under the faster game ..

Foran .. 14 games ..12 try assists .. best ratio per game in the comp ..
Yeah but they wer probably all in the attacking 10m so he only had to take 3 steps lol...

He is slooooowwwww....

Just sane...(just)

Croker is 9 for two reasons: (a) he trains well and was rewarded for effort during preseason and (b) his defence.

Birt is a rookie so easy to see why he misses out. Cust is more creative but defensively is not always effective.
It begs the question... What were they doing in pre-season training for if we are still managing to get flogged every single week?

so far after 4 rounds it's a fail then....

Yep, which begs the question .. how could Foran be one of the leading try asst and line break asst players in the NRL last year with a bottom 2 team Bulldogs .... Suddenly be near the worst for try and line break asst's this year ... ?? Either Foran has forgotten how to play ... or the structures and shapes at Manly are all wrong for him ??

Walker to fb was about picking the best 17 players and finding them a position on the field. Parker and Suli are regular first graders and to move Walker into the centres and play Harper at 1, someone had to miss out. If it works, Des is a genius, if it fails, it’s terrible coaching. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. It’s an idea and it is a flip of the coin as to the outcome.
That’s the issue. If Parker is in the top 17 players and a regular first grader we are absolute toast... and we are .

He would not make top 30 anywhere in a top 8 side.

In any case can anyone watching him get smashed every week not think it might be worth while giving someone else a chance.Even for a week.We get slaughtered every week.It is inexplicable.

And he’s actually ahead of Suli in the pecking order from what I’m hearing so god help us all.
Our edges are simply embarrassing when compared to almost any side. Can’t win with that. You just can’t.

Shocking coaching
1. Croker's technique and line speed is woeful (if you follow your logic of picking players out of position purely to get your best 17, jake would be a better 9 than croker, and schuster would be a better 13 than jake, and aloiai would be a better edge forward than gosiewski and boyle...the list goes on)
2. Walker to FB and keeping Parker at centre results in 2 weak elements - as opposed to 1)
3. Des is not a genius

Shocking coaching
1. Croker's technique and line speed is woeful (if you follow your logic of picking players out of position purely to get your best 17, jake would be a better 9 than croker, and schuster would be a better 13 than jake, and aloiai would be a better edge forward than gosiewski and boyle...the list goes on)
2. Walker to FB and keeping Parker at centre results in 2 weak elements - as opposed to 1)
3. Des is not a genius
4. Rewarded for hard training may "help" get the coaching staffs attention, but in a key position of dummy half at NRL level, It's not simply a reward for good behaviour....might make sense to someone watching training from afar, but not how it works in reality.
Des believed Croker was the best option, simply based on how they think he plays and regard Croker as the best defensive stop in comparison to others.....
All been proven wrong including poor tackling and effort plays to get back to his position, the attack out of dummy half has been abysmal and it's actually getting weird that cust who is 1 of few players to look dangerous in attack, is still playing 2nd fiddle.

Last edited:

Foran ... 14 games .. 9 line break assts ... one of the best ratio per games in the comp ..

Just saying ...

He can do that just as effectively at hooker. Probably more so because he handles the ball more in that position

Foran ... 14 games .. 9 line break assts ... one of the best ratio per games in the comp ..

Just saying ...
You said it all !

Same player Different coach

Just saying ...
Obviously playing under a vastly better coach last year. Who was it?
Lol, oh yeah, that guy who got sacked for being incompetent :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4