• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So not necessarily my opinion but...

Walker to fb was about picking the best 17 players and finding them a position on the field. Parker and Suli are regular first graders and to move Walker into the centres and play Harper at 1, someone had to miss out. If it works, Des is a genius, if it fails, it’s terrible coaching. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. It’s an idea and it is a flip of the coin as to the outcome.
It's an idea but a poorly constructed one. I've seen Walker at fullback before and stated (before round one) that he was diabolical and it wasn't going to work. He has played there for us during games when Tom went down (didn't start there but still) and back at Souths. It was never going to be pretty. If a pleb like myself can see it then why not Des? I believe Des gets caught up in theorising too often and undervalues positional experience too much (anecdotal evidence on my part).

The other point he obviously didn't find compelling is that it weakens our centre pairing and creates unnecessary disruption. When Tom comes back where is Dylan going to play? Surely in the centres? Wouldn't it be best to play Dylan in the long-term position Des has in mind for him given he will end up there regardless? Suli or Parker would have to miss out anyway once Tom is back.

This is a comment on Des' thinking rather than your reporting...which I appreciate BTW.

Yep, Dean Pay is a much better coach. But Canterbury sacked him to sign another coach who has an excellent attacking game plan. They also signed two SOO backs, an ex-All Blacks coach, and the Roosters half. Sadly, it has amounted to nothing, nada, zero, zilch these past three games. Both figuratively and literally.

At least they have world-class facilities and a state of the art gymnasium. Do they have a list manager, though?
Thing is KW that the dogs will have Burton and JAC coming next year whilst, unless we get pretty bloody active in the near future, we will have the same mob...

...the fact that we signed Foz, Lawton and talks with Siro are 'positive' has me very concerned about the direction we are going atm...

Thing is KW that the dogs will have Burton and JAC coming next year whilst, unless we get pretty bloody active in the near future, we will have the same mob...

...the fact that we signed Foz, Lawton and talks with Siro are 'positive' has me very concerned about the direction we are going atm...
Very true mate. But, there is no denying that the Dogs have gone backwards so far this season. There attack certainly has, which is kinda funny. Enjoyable too, as I can't stand that club.

what are his stats this year?

Just sayin’
He has done better than dce and he actually looks like he knows what he's doing. No headless chook stuff or kicking out on the full.. he gets drop outs and he runs the ball. If DCE did this we could win some games. Foran does well on the left with the crap he has around him to get us up the field. Then it goes right and dce stuffs it up! Been like that the 1st 4 rounds... and he is new dce should be the one doing better.. mr 1.3 mil and no try assists or line break assists.

Just saying

He has done better than dce and he actually looks like he knows what he's doing. No headless chook stuff or kicking out on the full.. he gets drop outs and he runs the ball. If DCE did this we could win some games. Foran does well on the left with the crap he has around him to get us up the field. Then it goes right and dce stuffs it up! Been like that the 1st 4 rounds... and he is new dce should be the one doing better.. mr 1.3 mil and no try assists or line break assists.

Just saying
So how many line breaks and try assists?

Last year under the faster game ..

Foran .. 14 games ..12 try assists .. best ratio per game in the comp ..
Foran ... 14 games .. 9 line break assts ... one of the best ratio per games in the comp ..

Just saying ...
You left out errors and missed tackles per game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4