Foran Reflects on the 2011 Premiership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
This video is awesome…

Last edited:
This video is awesome…

It sure is!

I'd highly recommend it to anyone who wants to relive some wonderful memories and/or get their spine tingling. And to think that only 24 hours after winning that premiership, it came out that Des was leaving for the Dogs.

I'm amazed how good Foz's memory is and it certainly got my excitement juices going.

Need Foz "s experienced game management on cue tonight , whole side was unsettled against the Storm but hopefully that will be just a one off and the team , including Foz can get things back on track again especially with attacking options and direction .

I was there for the GFs of 07, 08, 11 and 2013 (plus several of the earlier ones). We had a dynasty in the making in 2011 and I was at Brookie Oval the day after the 2011 GF where the players and the coach met fans and began what was a cavalcade through to Manly. I recall Hasler telling us: "We showed them" as he reflected on the critics who said Manly couldn't recover from The Battle of Brookie.
The next day came the shock announcement: Hasler was leaving for the Dogs!
All Manly fans felt betrayed. Obviously there were a number of people/factors responsible for the split, but the timing of that announcement was despicable. From that day on I've referred to him as DESpicable. I'm very happy to have him back with the club, but I'll never forget how disappointed I was at his/the club's handling of the defection. Those who believe that Hasler walks on Narrabeen Lake should appreciate that he has not always had the club's best interests at heart. He has failings. He is human and we should be entitled to call him out when any of us feel he has miss-stepped.

I was there for the GFs of 07, 08, 11 and 2013 (plus several of the earlier ones). We had a dynasty in the making in 2011 and I was at Brookie Oval the day after the 2011 GF where the players and the coach met fans and began what was a cavalcade through to Manly. I recall Hasler telling us: "We showed them" as he reflected on the critics who said Manly couldn't recover from The Battle of Brookie.
The next day came the shock announcement: Hasler was leaving for the Dogs!
All Manly fans felt betrayed. Obviously there were a number of people/factors responsible for the split, but the timing of that announcement was despicable. From that day on I've referred to him as DESpicable. I'm very happy to have him back with the club, but I'll never forget how disappointed I was at his/the club's handling of the defection. Those who believe that Hasler walks on Narrabeen Lake should appreciate that he has not always had the club's best interests at heart. He has failings. He is human and we should be entitled to call him out when any of us feel he has miss-stepped.
To play devils advocate, perhaps the announcement was made before it leaked. The contract was signed weeks, perhaps months, prior to the GF. It did piss on our victory. Not denying that. Christ I was ropeable. But in hindsight, I think Des told told Dogs to delay the announcement until after our premiership.

This is such an awesome media/video it's one of the best, if not THE best, I've seen in 2021 and I think Manly should give it more publicity. Perhaps in the weekly "Inside Swoop" email or at the very least on their website (@The Wheel?) Maybe the younger fans can't relate to it as well, but the older ones certainly can!

I had goosebumps through the whole video. How good was that 2011 team!!!

On a side note fck the Melbourne Storm when GI is high fiving Crocker after one of the biggest dog shots of the modern era.
and it was great to hear Foz ... talk about Hinchcliffe's elbows at the Battle of Brooky .... the second time he elbowed Lussick he reacted because the ref was not doing anything and the battle ensued ... it never gets mentioned by the so called informed journos as being what ignited the battle ....and as for Crocker ... imagine if he did that today ... send off and 10 game ban

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4