Foran contract extended

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought Foran was our best last night. He certainly gave it 100%. I'm happy that he has been re-signed for one more season. With him I'd be taking it one year at a time.
I do think that he has the nous to become a coach and I wouldn't be surprised that in five years he and DCE are coaching somewhere in the NRL.

No they don't. Club has taken up option on Foran contract and he has been extended for one more year - i.e. end of 2022. DCE still has two years to run on his lifetime deal - i.e end of 2023
I thought people were saying (on the back of what Des said in the presser) that the club has signed him for two years - i.e., option for 2022 exercised + another year on top. Des could have been at his ambiguous best though and have been referring to the original 1+1 deal. I guess I could just wait for the club to announce it...

Don’t worry about Schuster

Forget what the peanuts behind the keyboards are publishing, just look at his reactions on the field and you can see how happy he is, the one after we beat the Warriors sticks out

Foran was fine last night, loved the quote “he went missing throughout the game”, probably the fact we had no ball for a huge portion of the game

Forget what the peanuts behind the keyboards are publishing, just look at his reactions on the field and you can see how happy he is, the one after we beat the Warriors sticks out

Foran was fine last night, loved the quote “he went missing throughout the game”, probably the fact we had no ball for a huge portion of the game
My favourite Foz moment was when he gave Suli the old, "Run, f@&k ya!" T-Rex special, glaring at him and pointing the way forward.

Has Schuster actually indicated what his preferred position is or perhaps he doesn't really care? His one game this year at 5/8 was a eye opener for sure. His ball skills are sublime, seems this aspect is maximised at 5/8 and somewhat limited when in the 2nd row.....

Would have been happier with us just taking up the 2022 option

Why we needed to sign him for 2023 so far in advance with his age and injury history I do not know. Must be cheap at least...
Confused.

So have we taken up the club option for next year, 2022 (1 year)

Or done so and offered him a further year? (2023, 2 years)

Confused.

So have we taken up the club option for next year, 2022 (1 year)

Or done so and offered him a further year? (2023, 2 years)
The initial headline on the NRL website (which still displays on the thumbnail in the first post in this thread) was wrong. The thumbnail still says:
"Des Hasler reveals the Manly club have re-signed Kieran Foran for a further two seasons"

But when I click on the link now it says:
"Des Hasler confirms that Manly are picking up the second year of his two-year contract"

Hence the confusion

In any case this is a good decision.

Great news he's been good for us and still plays hard
I would have offered one year with an option in the clubs favour, I know he's worn well this season but it's a bit of a stretch looking to '23 given his past injury concerns, nothing against the bloke but I feel it's a bit optimistic

Has Schuster actually indicated what his preferred position is or perhaps he doesn't really care? His one game this year at 5/8 was a eye opener for sure. His ball skills are sublime, seems this aspect is maximised at 5/8 and somewhat limited when in the 2nd row.....
I honestly don’t think he cares

Just get him to sit down with Des, Des says “this is what we can do with you” and roll some highlights of Glenn Stewart winning comps and playing for NSW and Australia, that can he his perfect role

I think he is smart enough to recognise himself how potent he could be with Foran feeding him the ball and with Tom on his shoulder. And he already has a connection with Ben T as well when he comes through

I thought Foran was our best last night in a beaten side.
He tried his best to steer the ship but was let down by silly mistakes and unneeded risks.
If DCE was playing last night it might have been different but I doubt it.

The initial headline on the NRL website (which still displays on the thumbnail in the first post in this thread) was wrong. The thumbnail still says:
"Des Hasler reveals the Manly club have re-signed Kieran Foran for a further two seasons"

"Des Hasler confirms that Manly are picking up the second year of his two-year contract"

Hence the confusion

Thank goodness. One year makes sense. Two years is a season too long at this stage.

Nooo. It looks like we have signed him for two seasons after this one, if this report is accurate. Bad move IMO:
Darcie McDonald from Fox Sports@darciemcdonald
July 9th, 2021 2:09 pm
Veteran playmaker Kieran Foran will remain at Manly until the end of 2023 with coach Des Hasler confirming the signing news following Thursday’s loss.
Foran was signed on a one-year deal with an option in the club’s favour for 2022. Not only have the Sea Eagles activated that option, but in a huge show of faith, the club has extended Foran for another season too.

Hence the confusion

Correct. Des was talking in riddles last night and the NRL Media have misreported it by saying "a further two seasons".

Another year is a great decision - happy for him and happy for us.

Nooo. It looks like we have signed him for two seasons after this one, if this report is accurate. Bad move IMO:
Darcie McDonald from Fox Sports@darciemcdonald
July 9th, 2021 2:09 pm
Veteran playmaker Kieran Foran will remain at Manly until the end of 2023 with coach Des Hasler confirming the signing news following Thursday’s loss.
Foran was signed on a one-year deal with an option in the club’s favour for 2022. Not only have the Sea Eagles activated that option, but in a huge show of faith, the club has extended Foran for another season too.
Why nooo? He comes cheap is a great leader and at best if Schuster starts at 5/8 we have the best back up in the game (unless storm unearth a new one)

Why nooo? He comes cheap is a great leader and at best if Schuster starts at 5/8 we have the best back up in the game (unless storm unearth a new one)
If Foz is signed until the end of 2023 as some are reporting then clearly Schuster is gonna be used as a backrower and with the emergence of Olakau-atu and Lawton and Davey to come back, surely that spells the end of Siro.

Would have been happier with us just taking up the 2022 option

Why we needed to sign him for 2023 so far in advance with his age and injury history I do not know. Must be cheap at least...
Does anyone know how much we are paying him? We could also medically retire him if it comes to that

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8