Footy thread for a change !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
brookiegreg link said:
Hey DSM5 and Jethro, did you two have a falling out over crayons or something way back in kindergarten? Huh.. or are you married to each other and not telling us??? Or wanna be  ;D

Nah. Just having a bit of fun at DSM5's expense.

LOVE to see the boys win but I think the Warriors will attack our back three, and as we know from last weekend that means "many leaked points"......I think they'll do better than last weekend but they will direct their attack at either wing and sadly the troops we have there are just NOT up to First Grade standard.

Gee I hope I am wrong, and I hate being negative BUT, it's hard to predict an Eagles win until the back three are united again in Round 5.

DSM5 link said:
We will win.  We have had the wood on these rangas, and, although they all look big and skillful, they seem to fall apart under pressure.  We are playing at home, under hot sunny conditions, with a fast track.  I would feel a whole lot more confident if Brett were playing, but realistically robbiea, we can't play worse than we did last weekend.  I've watched the W v E game again and the Eels played very badly and nearly ran down the tiring big guys.  I predict that Lyon will have a big one and the Ox will have his head on.  Defense is once again the key and Des will have the guys primed in that department.  Very few penalties is my view.  Eagles by more than 12.    
I didn't see any redheads in their lineup ;)

DSM5 link said:
Jethro, you're like that old schoolie, Canteen.  You're just to critical.  Praise me where it's due you prick.  I've been really trying this week with the of/off thing and you didn't mention it once.  One mistake and down the drain I go.  I've certainly used of/off more than twice.  You need to go back through all my posts and get me a correct percentage.  Now off you go and do it. 
I am not old - I am 37!!!! (To quote Dennis in The Holy Grail!!!

Don't need to correct you when Fro and Jethro are around!!!! :)

Jethro link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=179730.msg213982#msg213982 date=1237444538]

We are at home, coming of a loss   

DSM, I see that you still haven't quite learnt the difference between "of" & "off" however, I did notice that you got one right when you said "There's lots of harder games than this one"

50%  ;D
[/quote]

oh noes, the spelling nazi's r attackin'

[img=400x304]http://www.crownvic.net/cowman/spelling.jpg[/img]

Manly by 1-12

I sink Adolf vould say - Use proper spelling UNT grammer! Zat's vot he vould say, ya!

I've got to say I hate Melbourne but I have a huge amount of respect for Cooper Cronk as a player and his leadership skills on the field, he doesn't do too much of the niggle and gets on with it

So who is going to stand up this week?

We all thought the talent of a guy like Watmough would be enough last week...

No offence to the doggies (they have a great squad, great depth this year) but I think the NZ team are more seasoned (give they have played Semi's last year together) and will be a harder team to beat after their exciting win over those poofters from parra.

If we play like parra did (w/o heart) we are gone for all money.

I think its time for Watmough and Kite to stand up and have an impact.
Oh and that goes for last years Dally M player of the year as well.

Dan, Cooper Cronk is ordinary.  Look at how he went in the GF last year.  very very ordinary.  Without Smith in the team they are rudderless.  DT we are not Parra.  Our forwards are world beaters unlike their geriatric squad, and we have a backline Parra can only dream about.  Given all that, Parra nearly ran down the Warriors after a diabolical first half, so my prediction of a comfortable win is not fanciful.  The only question mark over Sunday's team is fullback.   

MICHAEL LUCK for the warriors is out for the weekend. 

We should get home in this, if not then that's pretty bad.

DSM5 link said:
Dan, Cooper Cronk is ordinary.  Look at how he went in the GF last year.  very very ordinary.  Without Smith in the team they are rudderless.  DT we are not Parra.  Our forwards are world beaters unlike their geriatric squad, and we have a backline Parra can only dream about.  Given all that, Parra nearly ran down the Warriors after a diabolical first half, so my prediction of a comfortable win is not fanciful.  The only question mark over Sunday's team is fullback.   

look at that fight clip, also look at how he acts when he plays captain. I don't just mean his playing ability, even though I still think he is one of the top 5 half backs around

Hey i'm excited for the weekend now! can't wait, im seriously considering heading down for the game.

Is it to early to make a call on Bani? I thought ... hmmm ... maybe a bit ordinary last week, but it was wet so he was hardly going to figure.

I saw him play in a home game last year and i thought he made some great metres (but maybe that was just me), do you think he can push on for a permanent spot i.e. is he good enough?

That must have been the game where he made a break on our twenty and a try nearly eventuated.  Maybe Choc dropped it with the line wide open, I dunno.  Anyway there's no reason why Bani can't score a wing spot.  It was his until his breakdown last season.  No reason he can't get it back.  He was very rusty last Saturday.  A run under his belt can't hurt. 

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6