Footy Quality Down

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
I am struggling to watch matches to the end at the moment. The ruck speed has been increased again and everytime that happens we just get dummy half running. It's as boring as bat ****.

This seems to happen every few years. Last time was 2010 and we saw St Choke dummy half run themselves to a premiership. :mad:

Yeah, they go from one extreme to the other.
It's has almost looked like touch footy in some games

It seems that a lot of try's are scored from non structured plays where the players just try anything instead of having set plays. Not all but it's something I've noticed.

Ralphie said:
I am struggling to watch matches to the end at the moment. The ruck speed has been increased again and everytime that happens we just get dummy half running. It's as boring as bat s**t.

This seems to happen every few years. Last time was 2010 and we saw St Choke dummy half run themselves to a premiership. :mad:
It seems to me every year in the NRL we get rule changes and different interpretations of the rules. Does this happen so consistently in any other sport?

Moondog said:
Ralphie said:
I am struggling to watch matches to the end at the moment. The ruck speed has been increased again and everytime that happens we just get dummy half running. It's as boring as bat s**t.

It seems to me every year in the NRL we get rule changes and different interpretations of the rules. Does this happen so consistently in any other sport?

They should change the rules of golf, to make it more exciting. 1. Allow shoulder charging. 2. You have to hit the ball OUT OF THE HOLE not into it !;)

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Moondog said:
Ralphie said:

They should change the rules of golf, to make it more exciting. 1. Allow shoulder charging. 2. You have to hit the ball OUT OF THE HOLE not into it !;)

The only way I would ever watch golf is if they had naked cheer girls dancing on the fairways.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
^ They do. You should've been tuning in.

And whenever we lose I always think the quality has gone down. ;)

everyone always whinges about this at the beginning of the year so why continually bring it up? The only rule that really needs fixing is the obstruction rule.

Manly To Win! said:
everyone always whinges about this at the beginning of the year so why continually bring it up? The only rule that really needs fixing is the obstruction rule.

And the rule that allows the Bulldogs to participate in the competition.

After next weekend we will be a quarter of the way through the season. The quality of the footy is rubbish. Druggos V Chokers wasn't the only rubbish game yesterday, most of the other two games were rubbish too. Only the closeness of the contest made it a little interesting, but the quality is poor.

It's like watching bad touch footy and I have never watched so many dummy half runs. Even our own teams performances over the past two weeks have been unattractive despite the solid wins.

Quick play the balls favour teams like Souffs & scum who both Isaac Luke and captain scum doing all the dummy half running.

every year since as long as I can remember the footy standard doesnt heat up until about origin. Its been happening for 20 years. Im not saying the fast ruck speed hasn't altered the game but good footy is never present at this stage of the year

I've been involved with many conversations with many people for many years that all say the same stuff. It will get better and to be honest we best judge it then. Im not a fan of dummy half running and quick play the balls so Im not defending that rule. If we look at ballin or manly ,they probably run very few dummy half runs. Only matai scoots regularly but he has done that since he started with great results

A lot of people hate origin but its a constant reminder to every player in the League of what the standard needs to be to be the best and it has a massive impact on the games that follow

Just my opinion

I also think the footy quality is about the quality of player. Really there are only a few play makers worth there salt, probably only Manly have 2 good centres, most struggle to have 1. apart from fullbacks there is a lack of all play makers positions. Depth is also a big concern

The lack of funding /grass roots development and tiered competition is a far bigger issue to game quality than ruck speed. Only last year we were complaining that the storm never got off players and it was affecting the play

Now they are showing NSW cup on fox you can really see the gap between that comp and first grade , same old story not enough top class players to service the NRL and that reflects in some of the ordinary games. Holden Cup they are to young and NSW cup generally quality of player is poor.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2